PDA

View Full Version : Why? Why? Why?!!

lil richard
09-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Why does Bush and Kerry have to talk about when they were in war, when they were heros, etc. Why can't they focus on the damage we're causing to ourselves like....taxes, gas prices, school supplys, jobs opportunities, freeway trafics, crimes in the streets, medial supplies, and my freak'n FHM bill!, etc.

If they just stop making more prison cells for crimminals and start taking out more scumbags then we might have a better and safer enviorment!! :mad:

Bush. Kerry. SHUT UP ABOUT WAR!!! YA JACK ASSES!! :mad: (n) (n)

QueenAdrock
09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Kerry started to talk about his Vietnam record in order to establish credibility with the vets (who often vote Republican), and to show that he is fit for command during times of war.

Then Bush decided to attack his credibility and war record because it's one the strongest thing Kerry has going for him. That's total hypocrisy because of what happened with him back in the 60's, so he Bush was hit back.

I do think it's crap though, like Kerry said himself: the reason Bush attacks his war record is to draw attention away from the real issues. To create a dishonest smear campaign takes the spotlight off of you and creates a diversion.

It's a stupid thing either way. We all know Kerry went to war, Bush did not. That should say it all.

lil richard
09-21-2004, 10:07 PM
AGREED (y)

Grasshopper
09-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Just a note: Bush's vietnam record was an issue in 2000.
Every presidental election has had some discussion about the nominees' Military Record.
For your historical knowledge, it was first made a central issue in the 1992 election.

I agree the vietnam issue is fog and mirrors from discussing the real issues, which is how the president is going to run our federal government as he takes the oath to, and exactly how is going to do it.
But, really who here has more to lose? It depends on what side of the political spectrum your on....
if your a hippie, you can relate to Kerry's anti-war stance in the 70's. That guy is not the same dude anymore.
if your a war-monger, then you can relate to the bush administration's foreign policy taken directly from historical cliff notes of the 70s-early 90s...hell...to the present.