PDA

View Full Version : Photos and Videos From Inside New York's Pier 57 Detention Center

Blighty
09-22-2004, 03:19 AM
http://www.thememoryhole.org/policestate/pier57/

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 04:07 AM
Thanks, the ratio of arrests between the Republican and Democratic conventions seemed as if it was being glossed over by what many call the Liberal media. Fact is, NYC protesters outweighed convention go'ers 20 to 1. America once again was censored.

Those photos tell an important story in what was really happening in NYC during the Republican Convention.

Patriots in tie wraps.

Loppfessor
09-22-2004, 05:11 AM
I am outraged! Where are the couches and love seats? No internet access or mini-bar? And what about the total lack of a cappuccino machine? They are people not animals for God's sake! I mean that place almost looks like some kind of jail or something!

BGirl
09-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks, the ratio of arrests between the Republican and Democratic conventions seemed as if it was being glossed over by what many call the Liberal media. Fact is, NYC protesters outweighed convention go'ers 20 to 1. America once again was censored.

Those photos tell an important story in what was really happening in NYC during the Republican Convention.

Patriots in tie wraps.

Actually, on the day of the big march (Sunday, Aug 29) it was more like 100 to 1! 5,000 delegates, about 500,000 marchers.

I agree with you, it's disgraceful how little was reported about the protests & arrests. I was at a wedding in Ohio this past weekend and someone was asking me about the RNC. I told them about Pier 57 - they'd had no idea it happened! And these were politically engaged people who follow the news.

valvano
09-22-2004, 09:33 AM
now i think i realize why all these protestors were whining about being unemployed....i probably wouldnt hire them either if they came to my office looking like that...i'm sorry, but pink hair and that kind of crap just doesnt cut it in the professional world......

little sympathy for them..

Bob
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
I am outraged! Where are the couches and love seats? No internet access or mini-bar? And what about the total lack of a cappuccino machine? They are people not animals for God's sake! I mean that place almost looks like some kind of jail or something!

i know right. jail is better than they deserve!

taxes!

D_Raay
09-22-2004, 11:41 AM
now i think i realize why all these protestors were whining about being unemployed....i probably wouldnt hire them either if they came to my office looking like that...i'm sorry, but pink hair and that kind of crap just doesnt cut it in the professional world......

So by your logic they fail to be classified as HUMAN beings with rights because a few of them are dressed or appear objectionable to a prospective employer?

valvano
09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
So by your logic they fail to be classified as HUMAN beings with rights because a few of them are dressed or appear objectionable to a prospective employer?

i did not say anything about rights or human beings, i just noted the fact that many of the protestors at the RNC were protesting about lost jobs and, in looking at these pictures, i wouldnt hire them anyway...

tell you what, do you own a business or have any say in the hiring at where you work? if so, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and give one of these punks a job??

Bob
09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
it's just that easy! anyone can do it! why i hired a dozen people before breakfast

D_Raay
09-22-2004, 01:36 PM
i did not say anything about rights or human beings, i just noted the fact that many of the protestors at the RNC were protesting about lost jobs and, in looking at these pictures, i wouldnt hire them anyway...

tell you what, do you own a business or have any say in the hiring at where you work? if so, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and give one of these punks a job??
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread is about the protesters rights being stomped on by putting them in what looked like a holding area for violent criminals. The very fact that you brought something up that is entirely irrelevant to that fact just to put your right wing spin on it prompted my response. And to answer your question, yes I do hire people , quite frequently actually, and I do NOT discriminate on the basis of their appearance. I tend to look at their qualifications for the job in question and look past their youthful attempts at being different.

DroppinScience
09-22-2004, 04:04 PM

How do you know they're not working at record stores or night clubs or something? :p

If you walked into my office (as a police man who also owns a business), I wouldn't hire your bitch-ass young Republican self (17 year olds trying to act 45 is just NOT cool). :D

Echewta
09-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Jail or unemployment, whats cheaper?

sneakyimp
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Jail or unemployment, whats cheaper?

that's a pretty good point. 5.5 percent unemployment is considered NORMAL by most economists...anything higher starts to set off a bunch of discussion about 'overemployment' and 'bubbles'. That's still 15,000,000 people without jobs. We have to do *something* with them.

And valv i don't know if you care but the the best computer programmers i have ever encountered are invariably HIDEOUS and SMELLY. Bad beards, BO, etc. I've never met a decent software engineer wearing a suit.

As for the jail, the photos are interesting. The lack of coverage in the news IS a horrendous journalistic failure, but that jail is not really that bad. It reminds me of soccer camp or boys' state--i don't see much sense in trying to milk it for any kind of human rights abuse stuff. The lack of coverage in the news is COMPLETELY deplorable...I wrote nasty letters to MSNBC and CNN about just that. the LA TIMES even had coverage of it before they did!

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 05:22 PM
All slander aside, what crimes were commited by whom? Does the RNC own the USA?

http://www.nlgnyc.org/rnc.html

Blighty
09-23-2004, 03:02 AM
The RNC actually leased Pier 57 themeselves. Interesting article which seems to have disappeared from Rense.com which is why I've linked to the cached version.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:bcXOuZ4w0e4J:www.rense.com/general57/vitmo.htm+pier+57+site:rense.com&hl=en

Bob
09-23-2004, 06:46 AM
are you guys looking at the same pictures i am? there's a few people with dreadlocks or red hair or afros but for the most part, everyone is pretty normal looking. a little grungy maybe, but you would be too if you were locked up in pier 57. i doubt they'd wear the LIBERATE shirt to work

Loppfessor
09-23-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm sorry guys but that place really doesn't look that bad to me. As far as would I hire them? I guess it depends on what kind of business I was running.

valvano
09-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Regardless if someone wants to hire these people, they still have balls for standing up against injustice, lies, killing, and stupidity that's running this country into the ground

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people in those pictures recieved higher grades in H.S./college than Bush himself!

gizmo is an Inch Licker

nah, they just have extra time on their hands now that both phish and the grateful dead are no longer touring.....and mommy and daddy wont let them move back home to leach off them

Loppfessor
09-23-2004, 07:36 AM
nah, they just have extra time on their hands now that both phish and the grateful dead are no longer touring.....and mommy and daddy wont let them move back home to leach off them

Hey it takes a village my friend...

Blighty
09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
It's funny how this turned into a big 'attack them for the way they look' thread. Free America, eh? Where you can be what you want to be.

Bob
09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry guys but that place really doesn't look that bad to me. As far as would I hire them? I guess it depends on what kind of business I was running.

i think there were chemical spills and dangerous fumes about, i saw pictures of a few people with chemical burns, it didn't look horribly pleasant.

regardless i think we're missing the point, what did these people do to deserve being sent there? did they protest the government without a permit from the government? did they protest the government outside the area the government designated to allow them to protest? did they all go nuts and rape old ladies? it's a question of whether or not they should be locked up in the first place, regardless of the conditions.

sneakyimp
09-23-2004, 10:44 AM
yeah...locked up and then COVERED UP. i like that the judge ordered them all released or he would start fining the city of new york 1,000 bucks each.

D_Raay
09-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Look IW if I had people like that working in my business, most of the customers would run away.
Listen you moron, I wouldn't NOT hire anyone on the basis of their initial appearance. I would , of course, have to have appearance requirements so as not to offend retards like you.

Whois
09-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Look IW if I had people like that working in my business, most of the customers would run away.

You don't own a business gizmo...you live in an adult care facility.

So solly

DroppinScience
09-23-2004, 05:16 PM

Your "customers" run away for any reason possible. :p

Oh and BIG UPS for Bob for getting the point. :)

regardless i think we're missing the point, what did these people do to deserve being sent there? did they protest the government without a permit from the government? did they protest the government outside the area the government designated to allow them to protest? did they all go nuts and rape old ladies? it's a question of whether or not they should be locked up in the first place, regardless of the conditions.

I guess we're gonna have to ask the Phish fans why they got locked up.

Rich Cheney
09-23-2004, 05:19 PM
No naked human pyramids? What kind of detention center are they running over there? Rookies!

Whois
09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
No naked human pyramids? What kind of detention center are they running over there? Rookies!

(y) :D

Bob
09-23-2004, 10:12 PM
lock em away, keep america free for clean livin folks like me