PDA

View Full Version : Brass Monkey

chia
09-22-2004, 10:36 PM
this have probably been posted multiple times.

but what's the recipe for bass monkey ?

is it, a 40 with OJ.
or vodka, rum and soco?

b-grrrlie
09-23-2004, 05:09 AM
Yes it's been posted multiple times. Do a search so you'll find it.

rootsound1
09-23-2004, 07:11 PM
You can buy the real deal.
It is called go figure "Brass Monkey"
A mixture of O.J. and Whiskey.

like2_drink
09-23-2004, 07:48 PM
buy it or make one yourself.

1/4 rum
1/4 vod
1/2 orange juice. and tell me how it is (y)

chia
09-23-2004, 09:07 PM
i guess there are just so many variations of the drink

thanks guys

one day, i'll try all of them, but personally, i think the OE and OJ will taste like ass.

Pootytang
09-24-2004, 12:06 PM
I am trying to get one of my customers, which is a liquor store owner, to order me some Brass Monkey. If he is successful, I will send some to people I have met on here.

jabumbo
09-25-2004, 06:45 PM
sounds a bit strong to me, unless im just a weak drinker...otherwise sounds pretty tasty

chia
09-26-2004, 02:03 PM
tried it... drank an OE to the top of the label, filled the rest with OJ...

had doubts about it, but had to give it a try...

the outcome, brilliant. with the ratio of OE and OJ of OE being so much more, the drink still tastes like pure OJ.

rahntl
09-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Brass Monkey also comes in a bottle....not sure who makes it, but it is really hard to find now. I have been looking for a while, I would buy it in college all the time. it was a popular drink in the 80s- no shit :-)! and you could find it at any liquor store, already mixed, I am surprised by the recipes, because the bottle has "Pineapple liqueour" on it. Keep looking.....I don't buy into the OJ/vodka/rum recipe....
"I got the bottle, you got the cup, come on everybody let's get (CRUNK?)"

Audielicious
09-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Brass Monkey also comes in a bottle....not sure who makes it, but it is really hard to find now. I have been looking for a while, I would buy it in college all the time. it was a popular drink in the 80s- no shit :-)! and you could find it at any liquor store, already mixed, I am surprised by the recipes, because the bottle has "Pineapple liqueour" on it. Keep looking.....I don't buy into the OJ/vodka/rum recipe....
"I got the bottle, you got the cup, come on everybody let's get (CRUNK?)"
The brand that I've found it in is called The Club. But I don't recommend it. It has a gross aftertaste. You quoted the song. I always liked to think they were about to say "fucked up" but that's just me. ;)

Marlene
09-30-2004, 05:47 AM
....c'mon everybody let's get fucked. (that's how i hear it anyway)