PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's plan for Iraq

edb1821
09-24-2004, 10:12 AM
A buch of bullshit on his website...

First, Kerry will strengthen our military. His plan will transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation.

:confused: -- How? You can't just say "I'll strengthen the military." Where's the detail to explain how he will do it?

Second, he will deny terrorists the weapons they seek by securing nuclear materials worldwide and implementing port and bio-terrorism security strategies.

:confused: -- So he's gonna secure all the materials so terrorists can't get them? HOW?

Third, Kerry will cut off terrorist finances,

:confused: --HOW? AGAIN NO DETAIL.

and fourth, he will make homeland security a real priority, backed up by real resources.

:confused: -- What resources?

Fifth, Kerry will launch a strategy to win the war of ideas to prevent terrorists from poisoning more minds.

:confused: -- Let's hear the strategy. There is no meat to any of this.

Sixth, he will promote democracy and freedom throughout the Muslim world.

:rolleyes: -- Ho-hum...zzzzzz

Finally, Kerry will rebuild America’s strong alliances, critical not only to our military operations but in everything we do to track down and capture terrorists.

:confused: -- Right. Rebuild the alliances. HOW?

THIS IS HIS PLAN? It sure gives you a nice warm fuzzy, but it lacks ANY substance whatsoever. (n)

infidel
09-24-2004, 10:21 AM
What do you fucking expect, John Kerry coming into your living room explaining all this to you?
Have you even tried www.johnkerry.com for the answers?
I highly doubt it, you're just parroting something you got in an email or repeating Rush.
He who doesn't act on his own is destined to worthless oblivion.

Schmeltz
09-24-2004, 10:24 AM
What's the Bush plan for Iraq? If Kerry's is so bad, the incumbent's must be better. How does Bush plan to repair all the damage he's done? Or does that not matter?

edb1821
09-24-2004, 10:27 AM
What do you fucking expect, John Kerry coming into your living room explaining all this to you?
Have you even tried www.johnkerry.com for the answers?
I highly doubt it, you're just parroting something you got in an email or repeating Rush.
He who doesn't act on his own is destined to worthless oblivion.

HAHAHA!! That's exactly where this came from. Had you paid attention to the post, you would've seen it says... Bullshit from his website. Have YOU been to johnkerry.com??

Echewta
09-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Sounds like what Bush says.

Kerry isn't President and doesn't have to give as much detail as the person currently in the job.

We've seen the failed plan of Bush. Kerry can't do any worse. And at least he knows what its like to be in battle.

edb1821
09-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Sounds like what Bush says.

Kerry isn't President and doesn't have to give as much detail as the person currently in the job.

You're right, he doesn't HAVE to do anything, but if he wants to sway any intelligent voters, he should at least outline something with some substance that would convince them he could get the job done.

Echewta
09-24-2004, 11:34 AM
The President has made a huge mess in Iraq. Tell me how Bush sways intelligent voters to thinking his course will be the right one for the next 4 years? Where is the substance from the current president in getting the job done?

QueenAdrock
09-24-2004, 02:13 PM
You're right, he doesn't HAVE to do anything, but if he wants to sway any intelligent voters, he should at least outline something with some substance that would convince them he could get the job done.

The fact alone that Kerry will get other countries in to help us is worth electing him for. And I believe he can do it, because there are countries who would rather see him as president than Bush, because Bush is very difficult to work with. He says "fuck you" to the rest of the world and does what he wants, when he wants. I believe that other countries would be willing to help out with Iraq if Kerry was president, and that would strengthen our military approach of rebuilding the country, so we could get out of there sooner.

Homeland security is completely outlined at www.johnkerry.com at another section off to the left. He plans to strengthen our borders by hiring more policemen and first-response units. They're the ones first on the scene of an attack, and there's not enough right now. Training more airport personnel to help secure airports and training more bomb-sniffing dogs. He plans to destroy all remnants of our stockpiles of WMD's so they won't get into the wrong hands. He plans to strengthen port security by hiring more guards, over 90% of our trade with other countries is overseas and we need to step up security in the ports, which has not been done under the current administration. He plans to implement newer techniques for our armies to deal with terrorism threats, and how to handle them.

Don't just look at ONE section on his page, root around and you'll have the answer to anything and everything. :)

valvano
09-24-2004, 02:30 PM
The fact alone that Kerry will get other countries in to help us is worth electing him for. :)

according to this news article, it doesnt matter who gets elected, France ain't helping out in Iraq:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/19/101103.shtml

and according to this story from the uk, we shouldnt expect any changes in foreign policy should kerry somehow get elected:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/29/wus129.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/29/ixnewstop.html

:rolleyes:

QueenAdrock
09-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Although I'm sure the United Kingdom has the greatest knowledge about what will happen in the US, I'm a little timid to agree with them. That's an opinion article. It's my differing opinion that Kerry can command respect throughout the world for several reasons. Bush is known to have pissed off other countries and blown off the UN, Kerry wants to work with the UN. Other countries have met with Kerry and told him they were willing to work with him.

As for France, they hate us regardless. Isn't that the reason why we eat Freedom Toast? Isn't France not wanting to help out in Iraq ANYWAYS? Isn't France the one who hasn't been able to effectively fight for their country just about EVER? If you asked me the first country not to help out with the war effort, I'd tell you France first. I do believe, however, other leaders will cooperate when Kerry's elected.

Manji
09-24-2004, 02:59 PM
A buch of bullshit on his website...

First, Kerry will strengthen our military. His plan will transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation.

:confused: -- How? You can't just say "I'll strengthen the military." Where's the detail to explain how he will do it?

Second, he will deny terrorists the weapons they seek by securing nuclear materials worldwide and implementing port and bio-terrorism security strategies.

:confused: -- So he's gonna secure all the materials so terrorists can't get them? HOW?

Third, Kerry will cut off terrorist finances,

:confused: --HOW? AGAIN NO DETAIL.

and fourth, he will make homeland security a real priority, backed up by real resources.

:confused: -- What resources?

Fifth, Kerry will launch a strategy to win the war of ideas to prevent terrorists from poisoning more minds.

:confused: -- Let's hear the strategy. There is no meat to any of this.

Sixth, he will promote democracy and freedom throughout the Muslim world.

:rolleyes: -- Ho-hum...zzzzzz

Finally, Kerry will rebuild America’s strong alliances, critical not only to our military operations but in everything we do to track down and capture terrorists.

:confused: -- Right. Rebuild the alliances. HOW?

THIS IS HIS PLAN? It sure gives you a nice warm fuzzy, but it lacks ANY substance whatsoever. (n)

How dare you insult the most decorated American HERO in history!
It's easy you just lack the foresight to figure out the plan.

1. Strengthen the Military- First you roll back the tax cuts then you offer a larger sum of money to entice new soldiers to join the war. If that doesn't work you can just reinstate the draft-Hey at least they'll get more money right?

2. With all our new allies we gain from breaking ties with King George W. we'll have the help we need to secure all the nuclear materials in the world. A treaty with the U.N. banning the second amendment will take the most dangerous weapons out of the hands of Terrorists in the U.S.

3. Cut off terrorist finances by using the patriot act passed by the Bush administration. We may have extend it's powers to cover more area. It's ok it's for our security.

4. Homeland security-By ending the second amendment we'll be able to protect the homeland much more. Our police officers will be able work witout fear of armor piercing ammunition or even handguns for that matter.

5. Win the war of ideas by just increasing taxes so we can send aid to known terrorist hotspots. This will show our potential enemies we really do care. By killing them with kindness they'll stop killing others.

6. Promote Democracy and Freedom in the muslim world by creating a series of coloring books that have positive pro-western messages. Along with out supportive aid packages they'll be giving up those millenia old traditions.

Finally We'll rebuild the alliances because GWB will be ousted. they'll automatically come back right after that. It's obvious, you see?

adam_f
09-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by QueenAdrock
The fact alone that Kerry will get other countries in to help us is worth electing him for. And I believe he can do it, because there are countries who would rather see him as president than Bush, because Bush is very difficult to work with.

There you have it folks! QueenAdrock says John Kerry can get other countries to help us. If QueenAdrock says so, then it must be true. Because Godammit, she's the Queen and knows John Kerry can do anything he goddamn says.

Load of bullshit if you ask me.

*Waits for someone to say "NOBODY ASKED YOU FUCKTARD*

DroppinScience
09-24-2004, 03:51 PM
As for France, they hate us regardless. Isn't that the reason why we eat Freedom Toast? Isn't France not wanting to help out in Iraq ANYWAYS? Isn't France the one who hasn't been able to effectively fight for their country just about EVER? If you asked me the first country not to help out with the war effort, I'd tell you France first. I do believe, however, other leaders will cooperate when Kerry's elected.

Now that's pretty slanderous. Especially coming from the "enlightened" in America.

It's pretty stupid to say the French hate America (or Americans). The fact is, both nations' citizens get a distorted view of each other and think only in negative, exaggerated stereotypes. If you look at the history of the nations, there's a lot of mutual admiration for sure (it's the snooty/arrogant idiots on both sides who ruin it).

Part of Kerry's platform is that he WILL get other countries involved if and when elected (which includes France especially, in addition to Germany, the UN, etc.), and not just military-less nations like Iceland. :p

And France participated in the Gulf War, so don't count them out on helping in other operations if America doesn't choose idiot leaders in the near future (let's hope in the next few fucking minutes!).

Schmeltz
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh, Queenie. Say it ain't so.

QueenAdrock
09-24-2004, 05:07 PM
There you have it folks! QueenAdrock says John Kerry can get other countries to help us. If QueenAdrock says so, then it must be true. Because Godammit, she's the Queen and knows John Kerry can do anything he goddamn says.

Load of bullshit if you ask me.

*Waits for someone to say "NOBODY ASKED YOU FUCKTARD*

Actually, I specifically stated that it was my opinion. You're welcome to disagree with my opinion. I said that I believe that John Kerry can do it. I have faith in Kerry because at this point, Bush hasn't lived up to anything he's said. I'm willing to believe someone who has a better standpoint on the war in Iraq, because as of right now, anything is better than what we have. Just because I say it doesn't mean people have to agree, just like something you say I don't have to agree with. That's the wonderful thing about this forum. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

And as for the French, I don't mean the people. I mean the government. They're the ones making all the decisions on whether or not to send us to war, and I don't expect them to. I don't stereotype the people themselves. I'm not one of these boycott France types, all I'm saying is they haven't helped thus far in the Iraq war, and they won't regardless of who the President is.

yeahwho
09-24-2004, 05:14 PM
A buch of bullshit on his website... (n)

You think that Kerry has a bunch of Bullshit on his site?
http://www.georgewbush.com/
Torture yourself.
4 more years.
Of Bullshit.
4 u.

IceGargoylle
09-24-2004, 05:20 PM
hate to tell all you France lovin fools out there. France, germany, and russia, oops the UN also- are a bunch of corrupt idiots. lets start out witht he oil for food program....that alone says everything but ill include germany, france and russia selling arms to saddam, that iraq had banking in france, debt to all 3. Kerry knows he wont get france to commit troops.

and while we are on the subject of nationalizing this mutha. How bout Kerry discounting Iraqi PM the other day and he included the other ~30 nations helping us right now. you dont talk down the iraqi PM that has had 4 attempts on his life. do you think that makes any of them feel good about the US? Kerry once again talked down to everyone but france and germany. I dont think italy poland, romania, australia, etc. appreciates these comments much at all. UN wont send more than 15 election peeps to iraq becuase the UN is made up of dictators ... derrr!!! every state int he region will be threatened when a free iraq prevails giving jobs, freedom, and hope to all its people.

Kerry has no plan except to liken iraq to vietnam, i suppose all you kerry supporters missed the fact that he has turned down briefings from the pres on sec. and other matters. i guess you all misssed his voting record in the senate for 20 freagn years. the one about cutting CIA 6 billion? and thats after the first WT bombing where kerry didnt show up for ONE intel meeting for a year post. this guy is a joke! edwards is a fast talker that gets rich off of other peoples misfortune, hes a freagn leech on society.

all kerry peeps, PLEASE go through what kerry has said for the previous 1.5 years, you will see for yourself the guy has no concept of anything. he has no core, no energy in his speeches, its all doom and gloom. D&G dont sell, it only shows what kind of person he realy is. He is stuck in vietnam, we all concede vietnam it itsnt an issue. we know bush did this and that, kerry did this and that but he wont get off it.

from now on when you think france, germany, russia and the UN-think oil for food.

infidel
09-24-2004, 05:23 PM
I believe that other countries would be willing to help out with Iraq if Kerry was president, and that would strengthen our military approach of rebuilding the country, so we could get out of there sooner.
I agree 100% and feel other world leaders have already assured Kerry of this.
Not real smart for them to come out and say it though on the off chance that bush is reelected as they could certainly expect retaliation from bush and his whores.

Ace42
09-24-2004, 05:45 PM
hate to tell all you France lovin fools out there. France, germany, and russia, oops the UN also- are a bunch of corrupt idiots. lets start out witht he oil for food program....that alone says everything

Items Banned by U.S. Sanctions on Iraq include:
Agricultural pesticides, all electrical equipment, all other building materials, ambulances, baby food, badminton rackets,
bandages, blankets, boots, cannulas for intravenous drips, catheters for babies, children's bicycles, children's clothes,
chlorine and other water, purification chemicals, cleaning agents, cobalt sources for X-ray, machines, deodorants, dialysis equipment,disposable surgical gloves, drugs for angina, ECG monitors, erasers, glue for textbooks, incubators, leather
material for shoes, lipsticks, medical gauze, medical journals, medical swabs, medical syringes, medication for
epilepsy, nail polish, nasogastric tubes, notebooks, nylon cloth for filtering flour, other adult clothes, oxygen tents,
paper, pencil sharpeners, pencils, ping-pong balls, polyester & acrylic yarn rice, rubber tubes, school books, school
handicraft equipment, shampoo, shirts, shoe laces, shroud material, soap, sanitary towels, specific granite shipments,
specific umbilical catheters, steel plate stethoscopes, suction catheters for blockages, surgical instruments, textile
plant equipment, thread for children's clothes, tissues, toilet paper, tooth brushes, toothpaste, various other foodstuffs,
wool felt for thermal insulation, X-ray equipment, X-ray film.
~ Simons, 1996

That's a lot of shit that Iraqi's needed to survive. The US actually charged Iraq reparations, which made the country even poorer. So, they have no shit, and couldn't get any shit even if they had money to pay for it because the US takes all their liquid assets.

So, the US creates a massive cock-up, destroys billions and billions of dollars worth of equipment, etc. And the rest of the fucking world has to pay to fix it?!? Fuck you, prick. The food for oil scheme is perfectly valid. If countries cannot afford to help (and they can't, because the US did such a number on the country that the cost of cleanup would be monumental. This is why Halliburton is now boasting such profits. BIG business) then where does the money to pay for shit they need to live come from?

but ill include germany, france and russia selling arms to saddam, that iraq had banking in france, debt to all 3.

You forgot the UK and the US, asswipe.

UN wont send more than 15 election peeps to iraq becuase the UN is made up of dictators ... derrr!!

The UK and US make up nearly half of the UN permanent security council, asswad. You don't know the first fucking thing about the UN. Stupid ignorant hick. Go back to your trailer-park in cactusville.

edwards is a fast talker that gets rich off of other peoples misfortune, hes a freagn leech on society.

Hello, it's Tricky Dick Cheney's company that is making a killing off of shakey Iraq contracts. It Halliburton spokespersons who said quite clearly and concisely, in no uncertain terms "we are going to get rich off this."

from now on when you think france, germany, russia and the UN-think oil for food.

From now on when you think of the US, think of a boot stamping on a human face. Forever.

IceGargoylle
09-24-2004, 06:22 PM
infidel-france publicly said they wont. it wont happen, kerry hasnt talked to anyone, remember he alrdy got busted ont hat once before on this exact issue becuase remember its againstt he law to do so..

Ace42...wow hostility..you my friend have no idea how the world works or the motives behind it.

The UK and US make up nearly half of the UN permanent security council, asswad. You don't know the first fucking thing about the UN. Stupid ignorant hick. Go back to your trailer-park in cactusville.

im not stupid, or ignorant-ill let ya off for using htem in the same sentence, i like the redundancy adds to the post alot, and im not a hick, nor do i have a trailer in a trailer park in cactusville.

its political not personal bro.

france germ russ wont help, they have no stake in it anymore, UN doesnt want iraq to succeed, that is thier motive. K.Annon was clear on that by his involvement and little speach the other day.

yeahwho
09-24-2004, 06:27 PM
You all have been told. Nice job IceGargoylle. It will take awhile for these guys to come up with a reply to that one. Score.

Ace42
09-24-2004, 06:33 PM
im not stupid, or ignorant-ill let ya off for using htem in the same sentence, i like the redundancy adds to the post alot

They are not synonymous. You can be ignorant (uninformed) and yet not stupid (unintelligent) and vice versa.

I have no idea how the world works or the motives behind it? This coming from the person who has offered not a single source whatsoever, and has made an incredibly spurious claim.

The UN is corrupt? The UN is merely an association of countries. To say that it is corrupt is not only to say that the vast majority of member states are corrupt (in itself ridiculous, them being comprised of numerous political affiliations and rulingmethods) but also to say that the US and the UK must be equally if not more corrupt, as they are part of the powerful core of the UN, having as I said, 2/5ths of the permanent seats in the security council.

So, you're going to have to do a bit better than speculation. Especially considering that the most corrupt aspect of the UN is the fact that the US has abused its power in so many ways as to be absurd, including this illegal war, but also bought votes and vetos resolutions that everyone else can agree on.

What is so wrong about the UN, other than the fact that the oil from its oil for food program didn't go straight to the US (something they have remedied with this war incidently)

valvano
09-24-2004, 07:19 PM
you want to know how edwards made his first millions???

a girl in NC got stuck to the bottom of a pool filter and her insides got pulled out. he rode that one all the way to the bank. his career as an ambulance chaser went off from there. it's ironic that kerry is campaigning on the issue of health costs when its ambulance chasing cock sucking lawyers like john edwards driving up the cost of insurance and medical coverage for everybody. its lawyers like edwards, ready to sue at the drop of a legal brief, that have driven ob-gyns out of business from so many rural areas of the country.

oh the madness

:eek:

saz
09-24-2004, 07:23 PM
you're completely talking shit, straight out of your ass

valvano
09-24-2004, 07:43 PM
you're completely talking shit, straight out of your ass
read it and weep, jerk

http://www.bop2004.org/bop2004/candidate.aspx?cid=9

i grew up in nc, the story of the girl and the swimming pool is well known fuckhead

Lakey v. Sta-Rite Industries
(Wake Co. Superior Ct., NC, 1996)
5-year-old girl was disemboweled, but survived, after being caught and suctioned by wading pool's defective drain. Despite 12 prior suits with similar claims, manufacturer continued to make and sell drain covers lacking warnings.

go ahead, google "john kerry swimming pool" and see what you get

:D

infidel
09-24-2004, 08:02 PM
he alrdy got busted ont hat once before on this exact issue becuase remember its againstt he law to do so.. Where the fuck do you come up with this shit, sounds like something that didn't flush with your morning dump.

yeahwho
09-25-2004, 01:22 AM
http://www.bop2004.org/bop2004/candidate.aspx?cid=9

Charles Lewis and the "Center for Public Integrity" website are new to me. Thank you for putting up that link. I agree "Oh the Madness."

None of these politicians are sweethearts, Edwards may be an ambulance chaser, but this guy Cheney, the man Edwards wants to dethrone, is a war profiteer.....pretty much scraping the bottom of the scum scale.

Kerry, total asset valuation; $14,283,165 - $44,602,000

Cheney, total asset valuation; $23,913,028 - $111,258,000

EN[i]GMA
09-25-2004, 06:07 AM
And Rumsfeld shook fucking Saddam Hussein's hand and sold him WMDs.

If you think an "ambulance chaser" is worse than someone selling munitions to a maniac you have a fucking problem.

Abe Froman
09-25-2004, 09:25 AM
manufacturer continued to make and sell drain covers lacking warnings.

Lets see, the manufacturer was told to put a warning on. And didn't. Thank goodness for lawyers and the courts to punish businesses who think they can do what they want. They had been told to do so and could have avoided the mess.

If it were your insides that were sucked out and you found out that the company had been told of the problem, you would find a lawyer so quick.

This conservative attacks on the courts with generic simpleton statements is laughable and insulting to the basic foundation of this country. Read more into court cases before desciding that the system is failing because you can win money from McDonalds for hot coffee between your legs (yea, read what really happened).

D_Raay
09-25-2004, 01:47 PM
but if he wants to sway any intelligent voters,
Twould seem to me like that is EXACTLY who he sways, what with his command of the english language and all, unlike our exalted leader.
Oh and I am waiting in great anticipation for the replies to the lawsuit posts. Some feet were inserted into some mouths on that one.

D_Raay
09-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Actually you are. You can't even back up the statement you just made.
He is supposed to back that up? Did you make it out of the 4th grade Sisko?