PDA

View Full Version : Sushi anyone?

*Nurse Rachet*
09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah, so I had some bomb sushi for dinner, made my day.
So whats everyones personal favorite? Or what not to ever try.

I like Yellow tail sashimi
And a Cali roll w/ Ahi or Eel.
:)

ms.peachy
09-28-2004, 04:01 AM
I looooooooooooooove sushi, it's probably just about my favourite thing!

The only thing I really don't like at all is the cuttlefish; the texture just puts me right off. And I'm not wild about roe - a little bit is okay, but big bunches of it, no; too strong for me.

Everything else, though, mmmmmmmmmmm.

jabumbo
09-28-2004, 09:13 AM
never actually had it...allthough i love seafood

spacemonkey
09-28-2004, 09:16 AM
soft shell crab hand rolls are best

Whois
09-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Kaizuka - Seattle
Great tepanyaki and sushi

Eel...mmmMMmmm!

jjjjjj
09-28-2004, 09:53 PM
ikura...yummmmmy....but very salty....they're like fish eggs or something....little round orange balls..... :)

ms.peachy
09-29-2004, 04:53 AM
ikura...yummmmmy....but very salty....they're like fish eggs or something....little round orange balls..... :)

lol yeah that would be that roe stuff that I'm not so crazy about. Too intense, as I mentioned. But hey, to each his own.

monkey
09-29-2004, 08:42 AM
i loooooooooves the avocado rolls

loooooooves

<333333

jjjjjj
09-29-2004, 05:45 PM
lol yeah that would be that roe stuff that I'm not so crazy about. Too intense, as I mentioned. But hey, to each his own.

yeahh i lovvveee salty stuff....anchovies, prosciutto, etc.
:D

HEIRESS
09-29-2004, 07:20 PM
My brother makes sushi for us all the time

but just with cooked crab and shrimp etc

and Im spoiled because my friends girlfriend just moved here from japan and she makes wicked sushi for me whenever Im over

jennyb
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
I am full on addicted to spicy tuna rolls right now! With a bowl of hot soba... mmmmm... happy time!

*Nurse Rachet*
10-04-2004, 10:48 PM
I am full on addicted to spicy tuna rolls right now! With a bowl of hot soba... mmmmm... happy time!

Ooohhh, just has some of those tonight, super yummy! I also had some Toro, the fatty piece from the tuna. It was OK. Too expensive for what it tasted like. NO ROE! Never ever again. Ick.

Yeah if anyone wants to make me sushi, hook it up. Or let me steal your friend. ;)

*Nurse Rachet*
10-06-2004, 03:59 PM
A thread about sushi. Awesome!

Indeed!

Damn Ive havd sushi 5 times in this week, I think I have a problem. :p

*Nurse Rachet*
10-06-2004, 11:11 PM
edaname

What is that?

*Nurse Rachet*
10-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Ah, ok. Ive see them at Trader Joes. Im not one to eat many green things.
Just tried spicy tuna roll, not bad at all.

Found a new place in my neck of the woods that combines sushi, full bar and Karaokie! (y)

TROUBLE! :D

ms.peachy
10-09-2004, 12:59 PM
(!) raw soybeans, they usually serve them as an appetizer.

actually no not raw - please do not try to eat them raw; you will end up with a horrible stomach ache and/or seriously constipated! They have to be boiled or steamed. Then they can be served either hot or cold. With loads of sea salt.

They are really great for you! If you've got a decent shop that stocks Japanese food, see if they carry big bags of frozen soybeans - great to keep in the freezer; then when you want a healthy munch, all you have to do is boil a pan of water, chuck a handful in and in a few moments you've got a super high-protein, low fat snack. Yum!

b-grrrlie
10-09-2004, 01:43 PM
As I'm vegetarian the choices are limited for me; omelette, tofubags, California rolls and avocado. I've made sushi a few times myself, then I make rolls with carrots, cucumber, asparagus and / or zucchini.
The best places that I've eaten veggie sushi here are Ichiban and my local in the nearest shopping mall!

abcdefz
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
My favorites are

salmon
garlic tuna (tuna with eel sauce and bits of chopped garlic)
tropical (tuna with curry and coconut -- sounds horrid but it ROCKS)
jade roll (an eel roll with seaweed and eel sauce and roe)
godzilla roll (fried tuna roll with spicy sauce atop and shaved onion)
grand slam (everything... egg, shrimp, crab, eel, and cucumber wrapped in soy paper)

jennyb
10-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Ok, I see someone brought up Edamame! For some reason every Friday evening after work I crave a nice bowl of Edamame with a beer! The combination is the MACK! (y) I think I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so.... :p