PDA

View Full Version : Hello Nasty

Parkey
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
For a country that outwardly prides itself on values and nobility, the American presidential campaign is bloody nasty. I keep seeing bits of it on the news and it's well harsh. All these really bitter adverts slagging off anyone who doesn't agree with them and then going all honey-voiced about their candidate. I reckon you could do with a system like the UK Parliamentary PM question time where all this bickering is done weekly in public.

yeahwho
09-27-2004, 05:28 PM
It's the Great American Hate Machine perpetuated by our noble leaders. Our President felt that condoning the swiftboats for truth was beneath him.

I hate to say it, but in my mind President Bush has blown every possibility to do and say the right thing for decency. Given ample oppurtunities to lead in an honorable way, he'd rather take the low road. So now it is OK in this generations mind to be mean spirited.

Sad, really sad state. Your observations are correct. Peace & Love from myself, a different kind of American.

ms.peachy
09-28-2004, 02:16 AM
I cannot even tell you how glad I am not to be in the US now for the campaign season.Mr.peachy was back two weeks ago for a bit and he was saying it's truly shocking - you know, we've been over here for quite some time, and we tend to forget how it gets.

I really wish that bush did have to stand up in front of Congress for a couple of hours every Wednesday and explain himself, like Blair does in front of Parliament. Whether you agree with/support Blair or not, he gets points for being about to stand up and think on his feet. Can you imagine if our monkey had to do that? He wouldn't last a day.

infidel
09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
First of all we don't have a monkey in office. Seccond of all, he wuld do quite well. Remember the Rep. control both houses in congress.
Translation:
Firss of all webuh don't habe a monkey in office. Seconb of all, he wudd do kite webuhll. DOIHH!Remembeh de Rep. control bod houses in congress.

Whois
09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
First of all we don't have a monkey in office. Seccond of all, he wuld do quite well. Remember the Rep. control both houses in congress.

AOL translation:

FIRST OF AL WE DONT HAEV A MONKAY IN OFIEC1!!!!!! S3COND OF AL H3 WULD DO QUIET W3L!!1!!! R3MEMBR DA REP!!11!!!! CONTROL BOTH HOUSES IN CONGRAS!!!1!! WTF LOL

Auton
09-28-2004, 09:34 AM
heh

Schmeltz
09-28-2004, 10:29 AM
So the Republicans would bend over backwards and support every initiative, policy, and decision made by the President just because he's ostensibly a Republican himself? There's no room for variety or pluralism within the party? With such a homogenous, monolithic group of representatives it's small wonder American democracy constitutes such a decadent state of affairs.

jennyb
09-28-2004, 10:39 AM
I am cringing in anticipation for Thursday evening's debate between the candidates. I just hope and pray for everyone's sake that they keep it above the belt and perform like gentlemenly professionals and not two kids on a political playground.

EN[i]GMA
09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
That's unlikely. I'm hoping Bush gaffes like a mofo and makes for some good soundbites and Kerry manages to actually start his campaign.