PDA

View Full Version : Saddam to declare candidacy for Iraqi elections

D_Raay
09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
http://www.zaman.org/?bl=international&alt=&trh=20040921&hn=12424
Overthrown Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who was arrested by US forces last December, reportedly plans to run as a candidate in the Iraqi elections scheduled for January 2005.

Saddam's lawyer Giovanni di Stefano told Denmark's B.T. newspaper that Saddam decided during one of their discussions that he would declare his candidacy for the elections.

Stefano said that there was no law that prevented Saddam from appearing on the ballot. He added that Saddam hopes to regain his presidency and palaces via the democratic process.

Contrary to the statements of Iraqi Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, Stefano claims, "Saddam has no chance to be tried before the elections. Moreover, no international law prevents him from coming forward."

Saddam's lawyer defends that the ambiguity in Iraq will favor Saddam at the polls. Stefano remarked that a recent Gallup poll indicates that 42 percent of the Iraqi people want their former leader back.

Meanwhile, evaluating the conditions of Saddam in jail, Allawi said that Saddam had asked him for mercy.

Bob
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
hahahahaha...oh boy...i know it isn't funny because he's got a chance of winning (most people who would vote otherwise are too scared to go to the polls) but jesus, that would be an interesting end to this story.

Saddam hopes to regain his presidency and palaces via the democratic process.

this sounds familiar

thegoodmrbrodie!
09-28-2004, 03:43 PM
haha...for an evil cunt, saddam is pretty cool. i mean, look at his beard.

Echewta
09-28-2004, 03:54 PM
I mean, you have to let him run right? Its a democracy. He's not a convicted fellon in Florida trying to vote for goodness sake.

ASsman
09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Im running for the presidency of Iraq aswell.

Bob
09-28-2004, 04:31 PM
yeah...yeah, me too!

Echewta
09-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Lets send Arnold over there. No, not Arnold from Different Strokes.

D_Raay
09-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Lets send Arnold over there. No, not Arnold from Different Strokes.
Ah, he would be better :(

Funkaloyd
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
for an evil cunt, saddam is pretty cool. i mean, look at his beard.

Yeah, and how many other dictators don't mind being called by their first names? Think about it: Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet...

Definitely one of the cooler dictators to have ever reigned.

Ace42
09-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Stalin was a nom de Guerre. Is Pol Pot two names, or one? I was under the impression it was one name, but not being Kampuchean, I have no idea if it is One, two, both or either. Or quite convievably another nom de guerre.

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Stalin was a nom de Guerre. Is Pol Pot two names, or one? I was under the impression it was one name, but not being Kampuchean, I have no idea if it is One, two, both or either. Or quite convievably another nom de guerre.

Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili (Stalin - "Man of Steel")

Pol Pot was born Saloth Sar (Pol Pot - "Number one brother")

The joke about Stalin is that he was the most Russian Georgian that was ever born.

infidel
09-29-2004, 10:12 AM
How about the dictator of Spain, Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco y Bahamonde Salgado Pardo, commonly known as Generalísimo :p

Bob
09-29-2004, 10:45 AM
"Number one brother"

he should have been dictator of japan, geez. "super dictator number one!"

EN[i]GMA
09-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahah

Whois
09-29-2004, 12:19 PM
How about the dictator of Spain, Francisco Paulino Hermenegildo Teódulo Franco y Bahamonde Salgado Pardo, commonly known as Generalísimo :p

"This just in, Generalísimo Francisco Franco is still dead..."

Ace42
09-29-2004, 12:25 PM
he should have been dictator of japan, geez. "super dictator number one!"

If it was Japan, it would be "Superfun Dictator One GokiGoki Panic!"

Whois
09-29-2004, 12:47 PM
If it was Japan, it would be "Superfun Dictator One GokiGoki Panic!"

That was fucking funny... (y)

DroppinScience
09-29-2004, 12:55 PM
That is TOO funny because me and my brother joked that Saddam would try to run in the elections almost a year ago. :p