PDA

View Full Version : Liberalism at work....DUI Checkpoints stopped because caught too many illegal aliens

valvano
09-28-2004, 01:23 PM
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~1726~2428344,00.html

"Sorry your daughter was killed by a drunk driver, but its more important that we don't upset people in the country illegally".............

:confused:

Ace42
09-28-2004, 01:41 PM
So, you are a "legal" immigrant then? Which Indian tribal ritual did you undergo in order to steak a claim on someone else's country? Oh, I see, your ancestors (cultural, not genetic, as the chances of you having direct descent from people on the mayflower is slim to none - http://members.aol.com/calebj/passenger.html feel free to clarify this though) deserved to be there because some other people who *just turned up* said it was ok?

Why should "illegal" immigrants not be allowed into the US, or allowed to drive? Because "the government says so" ?

"The only minorities we want in this countries are the descendants of people who built our railroads, picked our cotton, or cleaned our toilets at least half a century ago."

What, in your opinion, is the issue here? That drunk drivers are getting an easy ride? Simple, instruct all officers to disregard unlicensed drivers and concentrate on drink-drivers (the specified target) only. But you can't do that, who'd be left to persecute the border-bunnies, right?

I think the fact that you are bringing this up is solely to do with you wanting an excuse to bang on about immigration without seeming like a reactionary racist.

jegtar
09-28-2004, 03:00 PM
That is a crazy story. 17,000 people a year are killed by drunk drivers and we do this? It's Bush's fault! ha ha Vote Nader!!!!!

yeahwho
09-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Wait a minute! It's Nader's fault. He is the only candidate running who's background is consumer advocacy. He should have advocated ignition breathalyzer's years ago. Then we wouldn't waste taxpayers cash on illegal random stop-point checks just for leaving the house.

Nader, what's a matter with that guy?

Vote Kerry, he's never claimed to know a thing about being a consumer advocate.

Whois
09-28-2004, 04:12 PM
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~1726~2428344,00.html

"Sorry your daughter was killed by a drunk driver, but its more important that we don't upset people in the country illegally".............

:confused:

Actually you'll find many conservatives support illegals because they're cheap labor, liberals like them because of the free votes.

ASsman
09-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Uh, who said illegal aliens can vote?

Echewta
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
And with a fully controlled republican government, you think we would have a wall up south of the boarder by now where we wouldn't even need to worry about illegals.

NakedMoleRat
09-28-2004, 05:45 PM
"There can never truly be JUSTICE on STOLEN LAND"
-KRS One, "Sound of Da Police"

Finally I get to use that line.

PEACE

QueenAdrock
09-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Why should "illegal" immigrants not be allowed into the US, or allowed to drive? Because "the government says so" ?

Umm, maybe I read something different from you. I saw "But the checks also have ensnared dozens of illegal immigrants who are not licensed to drive yet otherwise obey the law."

I don't care if you're an immigrant or not, if you're not legally able to drive, then you shouldn't. Period.

Ace42
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Not being legally certified to drive has nothing to do with being not being technically apt. It is not surprising that illegal immigrants aren't certified, considering that it is clearly an intimidating process, especially as illegal immigrants aren't going to get certified even if they pass.

Legislation that would have allowed illegal immigrants who submit to background checks to apply for a California driver's license was vetoed this week by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The process is therefore clearly demonstrably descriminatory. "If you want to drive, get a license to prove you are capable. Whoops we won't let you, so don't drive!"

By your argument, if there was a law saying that black people were not allowed to apply for a driver's license, irrespective of their ability, they should not drive.

Would you hold it against a competent black driver who refused to stay off the road under those circumstances?

QueenAdrock
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, by your argument, 12-year olds are technically capable of driving cars. Sure, they play the video games, I've seen them be able to do it. Does that mean they should have licenses? No, because it's the law.

I have nothing against illegal immigrants getting licenses, just make sure they KNOW how to drive. That's the reason to get your license. To show you have the skills. There's so many assholes already on the road WITH their licenses, I don't want to see people driving WITHOUT them. Here in America, we go through driving courses, 40-hours of in-car training, and taking tests on a certified course to show we know HOW to. If the governator won't let them get licenses, that's a whole different argument.

Ace42
09-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Indeed, the one I was making. Hence me stating quite specifically Because "the government says so" ?

If the reply had been "No, because they can't drive" - then I would say "that is a fair point, people who are not capable of driving or taking responsibility for their actions should not drive. However it is prejudiced to assume that just because they are an illegal immigrant and don't have a piece of paper which is actively denied to them, that they are not capable of driving."

yeahwho
09-28-2004, 06:58 PM
I think the thing that gets my goat about what the Police call checkpoints, is what I call an invasion to my privacy points. These things have popped up around the Seattle area before and it just seems to all of us to be a bunch of Bullshit. We got active and put a stop to it. I was unaware how many citizens accept this as a legitimate practice. We decided to tell them to leave us the fuck alone.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/alcohol/SobrietyCheck/caselaw.html

QueenAdrock
09-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Haha, okay I get it now. You gotta excuse me, it's my 21st birthday and I'm a bit tipsy shall we say. :)

QueenAdrock
09-28-2004, 07:00 PM
But nonetheless, how hard is it to become a legal citizen then? :confused:

Ace42
09-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Many happy returns. And next to impossible to become a "legal" citizen. Even from first world countries it can sometimes be difficult without a sponsor, etc. From Mexico and third world countries, much harder still.

yeahwho
09-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Haha, okay I get it now. You gotta excuse me, it's my 21st birthday and I'm a bit tipsy shall we say. :)

chilled 21st birthday main bitch adrock!

you got the tranzlata? http://www.disbealig.com/

ASsman
09-28-2004, 07:27 PM
But nonetheless, how hard is it to become a legal citizen then?
Well it's obvioulsy not as easy as easy as people would hope. Believe me from second hand experiences, it takes very long and you might end up not becoming one after the long waiting period.

valvano
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
let me remind you all the driving is a priveledge, not a right....

Ace42
09-28-2004, 07:49 PM
"All men are created equal" except for the 'spics, who don't deserve to be allowed to even take the test, something that any white person can do without fear of deportation.

Yanks, gotta love their double standards when it comes to very very simple execution of the basic premise of the founding of their state.

EN[i]GMA
09-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Driving is a privelage? Given to me by whom? The government? They can take a hike. It's only a priveladge if I say it is, and so far I've chosen to play the game.

Refer to the sig

Ace42
09-28-2004, 09:11 PM
(y)

maddy
09-28-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm sure I will be called racist for this, and that is fine by me. By all means point and call me whatever you want...

So basically what we have here is basic STUPIDITY. These people are...

A.) Illegal Immigrants. The first word is the key, ILLEGAL. They arent suppose to be here. So by all means load them on a bus and ship them back across the border.

B.) They dont have a drivers liscense, and therfor shouldnt be driving. If I was driving around without a liscense I wouldnt be shown any mercy. These people dont deserve any mercy either.

C.) These stops have been proven to lower the amount of drunk driving related accidents. Im all for taking idiots off the road and if that means shipping a few illegal immigrants south of the border as well. More power to the police on that.

yeahwho
09-28-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm hard pressed to know if anyone can prove to me that random DUI checkpoints really work. I think it is more a point of harrassment and invasion of privacy than effective. We had them in WA. St. then we stopped them. DUI arrests have steadily declined since and education about our strict laws has increased. http://www.bts.gov/publications/transportation_statistics_annual_report/2001/html/chapter_06_map_151.html

What the hell this issue has to do with liberalism I haven't the slightest clue. It has to do with how much Bullshit you allow in your private life. The level of Bullshit I'm putting up with on Saturday night is 0.

Maddy, I disagree that random checkoints are as effective as many think. I know from fact that our state of WA. saw a decline in DUI's when the random checks stopped. It is IMO much easier to educate than irritate.

Checkout MADDs Diverse Populations on the sidebar. It will breakdown the incident of DUI's by race and nationality. I don't think your a racist, a crime is a crime, but how we find the guilty should not involve the innocent IMHO.

This is one of many sites a drinker can check before a night out. http://www.topgundui.com/checkpoints.phtml

More Statistics; http://www.madd.org/stats/0,1056,1789,00.html

ASsman
09-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Maddy, incase you haven't read all the posts, READ THEM AGAIN.

Ace42
09-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I'm sure I will be called racist for this, and that is fine by me. By all means point and call me whatever you want...

What about ignorant? It is usually common courtesy to read other people's posts before putting your all in.

A.) Illegal Immigrants. The first word is the key, ILLEGAL. They arent suppose to be here. So by all means load them on a bus and ship them back across the border.

So, what makes them "Illegal and not belonging" and you "legitimate and totally deserving to live there" ? A piece of paper? The fact that your family has lived there too long to show the exact point at which you immigrated there?

If you look at this objectively, their people have been living on the continent longer than the vast majority of individuals. Most illegal immirants (jumping the border from Mexico) are from Aztec / Mayan / etc extraction, and geneaologically very close to the native Americans. Do you honestly believe that these "illegal immigrants" shouldn't be in the country which by all rights SHOULD BE THEIRS, simply because the people who STOLE THE LAND said to other white immigrants "yeah, we permit you to move in here, bring your families" ? That would be like me breaking into your house with guns, forcing you to live in one little room, and then when your friends or folks try to come and stay a few months later, I accuse THEM of illegally entering *my* home and booting them back on the street. Unfair? But I bought the new flatscreen high def plasma TV! And the recliner! The house MUST be mine!

By your argument, Isrealis are "illegal immigrants" and the US should not be backing them, because the Palestinians didn't agree to let them in.

B.) They dont have a drivers liscense, and therfor shouldnt be driving. If I was driving around without a liscense I wouldnt be shown any mercy. These people dont deserve any mercy either.

So, if someone at the DMV told you that you weren't allowed to take the test because they didn't like the area you came from, you'd say "Oh, that's fair enough, I've not taken the test, so I shouldn't drive..." ?

Bullshit. It's easy to tell other people what they don't deserve to have or do.

C.) These stops have been proven to lower the amount of drunk driving related accidents. Im all for taking idiots off the road and if that means shipping a few illegal immigrants south of the border as well. More power to the police on that.

"Proven" is a very easy term to throw around. Why do you need to ship illegal immigrants south of the border in order to arrest drunk drivers? Because it is "fun" ? Because there are less greasy 'spics in YOUR country that way? By and large, as the article states, it is not the illegal immigrants that are drunk drivers.

How would you like it if when the cops pulled you over to see if you were pissed off, they started checking your tax returns, or searching your house to see if you had any unlicensed fire-arms, or stolen property (which includes copyright music and pirated software)? You'd be pretty indignant. And yet "illegal immigrants" don't deserve the same rights and privildges that you get, because what the declaration of independance actually means is "All men are created equal, if they are born in the US, or if they are one of a very very very select few that the govrnment arbitrarily permits to become a citizen"

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Uh, who said illegal aliens can vote?

You'd be suprised, California has had a number of cases where illegals have managed to vote. It's a very small number though, usually Democrats go after the newly annointed citizens, reminding them that it was Democratic policies that got them where they are.

Republicans like to go for the Hispanic conservative Catholic vote...go figure.

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:09 AM
I think the thing that gets my goat about what the Police call checkpoints, is what I call an invasion to my privacy points. These things have popped up around the Seattle area before and it just seems to all of us to be a bunch of Bullshit. We got active and put a stop to it. I was unaware how many citizens accept this as a legitimate practice. We decided to tell them to leave us the fuck alone.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/alcohol/SobrietyCheck/caselaw.html

Another reason why I moved back to Washington after my ETS. Maryland sucks ass...

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:11 AM
let me remind you all the driving is a priveledge, not a right....

Driving on PUBLIC roads is a privilege, you can do what ever you want on your own property.

I would argue that freedom of movement is a right, how driving became a privilege is a weird piece of history...another screw job from the do-gooders.