PDA

View Full Version : Italy Supports Errorism!

ASsman
09-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Italy 'paid $1m to free hostages'

A senior Italian politician says he believes that a ransom of $1m or more was paid for the release of two female Italian aid workers kidnapped in Iraq.
Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini has said no money was paid.

But Gustavo Selva, head of the Italian parliament's foreign affairs committee, said the denial was purely "official".

The BBC's Guto Harri in Rome says Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has fuelled the rumours by talking of "a difficult choice which had to be made".

"The young women's life was the most important thing," Mr Selva, a member of the Northern League, one of the parties in Italy's governing coalition, told French RTL radio.

"In principle, one should not give in to blackmail, but this time I think we had to give in - even though this opens a dangerous path because it is obvious that both for political or criminal reasons, this path can make others want to take others hostage to make some money."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3700480.stm

infidel
09-29-2004, 08:35 AM
I guess to catch the kidnappers all they have to do now is look for the Iraqis wearing new shoes.

Ali
09-29-2004, 09:16 AM
The women were not kidnapped for political reasons, they were kidnapped by a criminal group who wanted money. If Italy had withdrawn troops, then you could say they support terror.

Even if the Italian government had paid the money, then so what? It's a small price to pay for somebody's life.

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I guess to catch the kidnappers all they have to do now is look for the Iraqis wearing new shoes.

:D

Or brand spanking new Kalashinovs...

Whois
09-29-2004, 09:26 AM
The women were not kidnapped for political reasons, they were kidnapped by a criminal group who wanted money. If Italy had withdrawn troops, then you could say they support terror.

It's sarcasm...

Welcome back Ali, thought you had left for good.

Ali
09-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome back Ali, thought you had left for good. Been trying to talk to some cretins (http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/index.php) and got banned when I got too close to the bone.

I like it here.

ASsman
09-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Sons of bitches.