PDA

View Full Version : picked the songs that i'll be riding with for 6 months

CJM
09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
i picked all the music that'll be in my MD while i ride the mountains in BC. it's all mixed up types of music (but mostly hip-hop). some of it is for while i ride, for when i want to feel tough, when i "fall in love" and then crash and burn, or just for memories of home and things things i've done. if you look through them all, and have any suggestions of songs you may think i left out or something, shout it out. there are 79 songs in total. man i'm stoked to move out there.

and when i rearrange it for the disk, move you feet by junior senior, and krenkraft 400 by zombie nation are going to be the first two songs (they are songs that will pump me up before i do some crazy thing for shits and giggles, or on a snow/skateboard).

http://www.sjhigh.ca/phpbb/files/kelowna_songs.jpg

after i uploaded the picture, i realized i forgot to add So Fresh, So Clean by Outkast, so now it's there too.......on the playlist thing that is.

deita
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
good music, nice variety...sounds like fun :)

thegoodmrbrodie!
09-29-2004, 04:12 PM
i love how you can tell a canadian from what music they listen to. :)

Teh
09-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Ever seen 'Video Gangs'?
There's some good stuff in that, although i see you've got most of it in already.
Good stuff (y)

Might want to look into The Herbaliser, get Verbal Anime and Time to Build. The first two tracks on my MD :D

Bunsen Skulead
09-30-2004, 09:19 AM
All the Tired Horses by Bob Dylan (This week's nutty track chez moi)
Buy it don't download it though. Home taping is likking music.
enjoy

TurdBerglar
09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
what are you riding?

CJM
09-30-2004, 08:45 PM
osiris D3 boots (grey), agency implants (white and black), and a forum Bjorn Leines 158 (my friend is painting camo, and the crew tag in between the bindings. it's a pretty sweet setup, and i can't wait to rip shit up with it.

TurdBerglar
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM
so it's not moutain bikes then

my mistake

CJM
09-30-2004, 09:07 PM
nope, snowboard

RobMoney
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Cool List!!! I've got some recomendations for ya........some good snowboardin' tunes

White Stripes - Fell in love with a girl....or Seven Nation Army

Motorhead - Ace 'O Spades

Suicidal Tendencies - Go Skate

Deftones - Minerva

I would love to hear the story of how you are going to get to go snowboarding for 6 months!!!! I'm totally envious!!

Elusive
09-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I don't like that ace of spades song by motorhead.....
but thats my opinion.
Jurras Finish first is an awesome song....
instead of thin line, by J5, I'd put the instrumental breakdown
last track on power in numbers. I ride my bike down hills real fast listening to that song when I can...it's fun. I imagine it would work for snowboards.
also, roni size "touching down" album is great for things like that. really keeps your blood goin.

CJM
10-01-2004, 07:39 AM
instead of thin line, by J5, I'd put the instrumental breakdown

the lyrics are the reason i like the song so much (i kinda have the same situation going on)

I would love to hear the story of how you are going to get to go snowboarding for 6 months!!!! I'm totally envious!!

i don't even really know the whole story myself. some friends of mine moved up there last year, and a few more visited them during christmas, and said that it rocked. ever since then i've wanted to go.

now about 6 of my friends have already moved to kelowna, and a few more are moving down after i go (i leave oct 9th). i also want to go so that i can live on my own and just have some fun before i go back to school (i just graduated). oh yeah, and i want to snowborad as much as i can in endless powder.

thanks for the suggestions

Teh
10-01-2004, 01:09 PM
osiris D3 boots (grey), agency implants (white and black), and a forum Bjorn Leines 158 (my friend is painting camo, and the crew tag in between the bindings. it's a pretty sweet setup, and i can't wait to rip shit up with it.

Good choice of board.
One of the soon to be pros at my slope won one of them (the older model) and still has it - this being a guy who breaks a board every other month. He went through 2 Burton customs last season.

Either way, hope you have a blast.