PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Ohio?

D_Raay
09-30-2004, 11:46 AM
http://actforvictory.org/ohiofraud.php
Desperation and 80 Pound Paper Stock in Ohio

With only a few days left before the registration deadline in Ohio, Secretary of State Ken Blackwell is trying re-instate selective voting. His controls on the voting process will prohibit thousands of Ohioans from voting in the upcoming election.

He will not allow people to cast votes on provisional ballots if they go to the incorrect polling place, even if the voter is not at fault.

Citing an arcane ruling that requires voter registration cards be printed on 80 pound stock paper, Blackwell is threatening to void registrations submitted on a lighter weight paper, demanding they re-apply. There is no time to reapply and thousands of voters could be left off the rolls.

This is not only unethical, it’s illegal. The 14th Amendment grants every citizen the right to vote—regardless of race, gender, creed—or polling location or paper stock.

Republicans in Ohio are scared—with good reason—ACT’s Get-Out-the-Vote effort is working --in Ohio we’re out-registering Republicans by 10 to 1.

Once again trying to steal votes by blocking them. Such ethical people these republicans are. Can't win fair and square so they CHEAT! Anyone who is from Ohio there is a petition on the bottom of page from the link to sign.

ASsman
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I've heard. Next they will post large white farmers infront of town halls (etc.) to stop black voters from well voting. Kind of reminds you of the good ole days of racism.

infidel
09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
If Blackwell doesn't rescind his 80 lb paper ruling and Ohio is a close race you can be sure the Supreme Court will be electing the president again.

Echewta
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
This only goes to prove my theory that using human skulls to place your vote in ballet boxes is the only safe way to express democracy.

ASsman
09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes, and the hands of hypocrites.

nines
10-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I heard this story on the news the other day...I wonder if anywhere other than Ohio this has happened?