PDA

View Full Version : why the focus on Bush

endofmystump
10-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Ever since hearing Paul Revere when it first came out when I was in 7th grade, I've been listening to the Beasties. I have very few albums I've played more than Paul's Boutique. Now that they are so political, I have to pose this question. Why are they so down on Bush? B/c they are Jewish and MCA at least at one time was (and maybe he still is) a Muslim, I think they can offer more. How about criticizing some of Israel's bad moves or the horrible, recent things attributable to radical Islam (9/11, the Russian elementary school masacre, beheadings, etc.) I think they could really add a quality viewpoint given how many people respect their opinions. Trashing Bush seems to be a fashionable thing for celebrities to do these days, but I expect more out of the Beasties.

lazerinyourear
10-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I think some of the things you posted are the exact reasons for opposing Bush. The feeling I get from the album is that they feel Bush has handled things poorly or not at all. Attacking other countries illegaly and on false pretenses and making the U.S. government look like aggressors. I think that is why. Whatever their viewpoint, please remember, it is theirs to express. I personally don't agree w/ some things said on the album, ("We need a little more gun controllin'") but, I genuinely believe they mean the best for the country. I was in the 9th grade when LTI came out and agree I got into them for beats and clever rhymes, neither of which has gone away. I have never voted against a republican but, I will this time, a desicion made a long time ago. I have personal reasons, like friends killed in a war they shouldn't be in. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! They had no choice in the matter.

Sorry for the long post.

MaestroDenis
10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Why focus on Bush? Because he is a punk ass bitch that needs to be arrested for war crimes. And your ignorant dumb ass has just shown everybody how stupid you are by spurting verbal diarrhoea such as. "...MCA at least at one time was (and maybe he still is) a Muslim" !

Do us all a favour and D.I.S.A.P.P.E.A.R.

MD

zorra_chiflada
10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
why not focus on bush?
we need to get people to look closer at him and see all the wrong he has done. musicians and celebrities are not bagging him just to be fashionable, but they care about their future, and the future of their children.

Raina
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Why focus on Bush? Because he is a punk ass bitch that needs to be arrested for war crimes. And your ignorant dumb ass has just shown everybody how stupid you are by spurting verbal diarrhoea such as. "...MCA at least at one time was (and maybe he still is) a Muslim" !

Do us all a favour and D.I.S.A.P.P.E.A.R.

MD

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Calm down its just a question.

Everyone has their own opinions. Some like Bush some just plain out think he's an idiot. Whichever the matter is we should be able to voice our opinions, the Beasties just decided to do it on they're record. Yeah, I think your right about the whole talking about other things wrong with the world, but i guess...they just feel Bush is the main focus and they want everyone to think about him and get him out of office. I don't like Kerry and I don't like Bush, so obviously I'm not here trying to tell you or persuade you to feel a certain way. You feel how you want to feel and everyone should respect that. Since we brought out the whole troop thing...I've got my dad over there right now, I'm proud of him. He knows just as well as everyone else that there are bad stuff going on, but he always reminds me to think of all the good stuff they're doing thats not being shown on the news.

P.S. Yauch is a Buddhist :)

MaestroDenis
10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Raina,

I appreciate your comments, but I'm totally calm, it's just how I feel about the Dubya and also the little instigators who come here to obviously do nothing else but stir people up on the topic that has been done to death. What makes it worse is that they are so ignorant that they don't even do their research first, but rather come here under the pretense of being beastie fans and post outrages comments such as associating Yauch with practicing Islam and what not, it's just plain stupid.

It's as ignorant as detaining Cat Stevens on basis of his name to Yosouf Islam (a scary muslim name) and religion, even though he has been anti-war and anti-violence from the beginning and has always dennounced terrorism.

MD

lazerinyourear
10-05-2004, 08:12 PM
"I've got my dad over there right now, I'm proud of him."

Good luck to him! I don't like Kerry either. The lesser of two evils.

ASsman
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Oh, children. This is like the 89th post of this nature. Just shut the fuck up. Don't like the politics (which if you were a true fan would know have been there all the time) then don't buy their songs, products, and don't post here. Simple as that.

Space
10-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Simple answer; they are old, and since 911 everyone is talking about politics.

Funkaloyd
10-05-2004, 08:31 PM
How about criticizing some of Israel's bad moves or the horrible, recent things attributable to radical Islam

They're American, and their audience is primarily American. Maybe they (rightfully) believe that they can make more of an impact by criticizing Bush rather than Sharon or Bin Laden.

SobaViolence
10-06-2004, 12:01 AM
it was almost entirely a n00b-only post.

aSs ruined the momentum.

ASsman
10-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Hahah sorry Soba. I will retract all posts. You all can continue living in your fanatasy world. Ignore me.

endofmystump
10-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Many apologies on the inaccuracy regarding Yauch being a Muslim. I guess I just remembered him speaking out about so many Middle Eastern issues that I associated him w/ it. Regardless, if Bush goes, do you think these other problems will go w/ him? I still think the Beasties could add more than just complaining about Bush.

Maestrodenise, you got lots of class man, lots of class.

We should all remain tolerant and remember we share a common bond of love of the music of the Beasties. Which I will keep buying...and bitching if I feel like it..

WheyZ
10-07-2004, 12:08 AM
i think their stance on the subject is lame. i really respect them as artists...but i can base my own oppinion on politics by myself, but hey thats just me.

ASsman
10-07-2004, 06:45 AM
You can? Hot digidity ! CLOSE THE BOARDS DOWN! Mission Accomplished. hahah. sorry

jegtar
10-07-2004, 08:54 AM
(which if you were a true fan would know have been there all the time)
Politics were always there? The last time I listened to LTI it was more about putting wiffle ball bats in women's vaginas.

EN[i]GMA
10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Go away stupid noobs.

aahhn B-E-A-S-T-I-E go
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
That's just what Beasties gotta' be
Can't you see this is an emergency
Can you feel the urgency
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
With the hold of democracy
In a state of emergency now

Ahhnn going out to rock the state
Let's just come and take unique
All across the stormy sea
Better days in democracy
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
Captain stayed off so merryly
In a state of emergency now

Aaahhn B-E-A-S-T-I-E
Cops just don't have respect to me
World is filled with tyranny
All across the stormy sea
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
B-E-A-S-T-I-E
Who the hell are we off to see
Let's just come and take unique
Now B-E-A-S-T-I-E go
B-E-A-S-T-I-E go

Sounds pretty political to me. Before LTI.

drobertson420
10-08-2004, 05:26 AM
"...SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! They had no choice in the matter. "

They did VOLUNTEER for the military, no one snatched them from their beds in the night.... ;)

When you sign your name on the dotted line, you become property of the U.S. Government...No soldier expects the "Worst Case Scenario" when they sign up, but it is in the realm of possibility, and they realize this..... :(