PDA

View Full Version : Ken Bigley beheaded...

roosta
10-08-2004, 06:37 AM
thats what breaking news is saying....

ASsman
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
" cause what you reap is what you sow"

Ace42
10-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I guess Gaddaffi Jnr, Yusaf Islam (AKA The Artist formerly known as Cat Stevens), the muslim council of Great Briton, and the Irish didn't have enough clout with the rebels to swing it. Pity, but not to be unexpected. It is not like Blair isn't responsible for a significant proportion of the dozens and dozens of deaths in the country. Were they just going to forget that and say "here you are Mr Blair, here's one guy in Iraq you didn't manage to kill! Everyone give Uncle Tony a big hand!

lethal_apricot
10-08-2004, 04:05 PM
So they didn't actually care about his Irish citizenship like they had hoped :(

Funkaloyd
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
I don't think these people care who they kill. They're just bloodthirsty.

endofmystump
10-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Word. Somebody needs to say to them "Check your head, Ali Baba."

Ace42
10-09-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't think these people care who they kill. They're just bloodthirsty.

Hmmm, that may not be the case. Bigley himself on tape pleading for help from Blair said that the reason he wasn't beheaded with the US individuals is because they did not want to do it. It might be that the media led them to believe that they were more likely to achieve their goals through UK hostages, or it might be that they were truly more willing to be selective. Remember, Osama (IIRC) singled out the US for being the country Al Qaeda did not intend to compromise with, and that others could be forgiven if they left Iraq? That might (and I stress *might*) be indicative of a real judgement call.

Parkey
10-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Hmmm, that may not be the case. Bigley himself on tape pleading for help from Blair said that the reason he wasn't beheaded with the US individuals is because they did not want to do it. It might be that the media led them to believe that they were more likely to achieve their goals through UK hostages, or it might be that they were truly more willing to be selective. Remember, Osama (IIRC) singled out the US for being the country Al Qaeda did not intend to compromise with, and that others could be forgiven if they left Iraq? That might (and I stress *might*) be indicative of a real judgement call.

I think the reason they did it is because they're nutjobs who wanted to try and intimidate a country. None of them were Iraqi and they murdered 3 men. Simple as that.

ASsman
10-09-2004, 06:09 PM
in·tim·i·date Audio pronunciation of "intimidate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tm-dt)
tr.v. in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing, in·tim·i·dates

1. To make timid; fill with fear.
2. To coerce or inhibit by or as if by threats.

Hmm, well they've accomplished half the word.

Ace42
10-10-2004, 12:36 AM
None of them were Iraqi and they murdered 3 men.

There were 6 hooded men, how can you be so certain none were Iraqi?

However, one of them apparently tried to help him escape:

Mr Bigley is thought to have escaped for around half an hour, with the help of one of his captors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3730576.stm

chromium05
10-10-2004, 02:05 AM
I am not trying to make any jokes here regarding such a terrible event, but when I read that he had escaped and was found in a field, all I could picture was the Alan PArtridge scene where he escapes from Jed MAxwell's house, Mr Bigley calling the captors "mentalists" and running into a field.

When they recaptured Mr Bigley, they took him back and killed him. The reports say that he was aided by one of the captors. Wonder what happened to him? Given that there is a $25million price tag on Zaqarwi's head (so to speak), I think it's only a matter of time before another one of his men tries to get him caught.

Parkey
10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
There were 6 hooded men, how can you be so certain none were Iraqi?

However, one of them apparently tried to help him escape:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3730576.stm

Well I don't know, but i'm trusting the BBC on the issue. I don't however put much faith in this story of him escaping. It sounds very dodgy to me.