PDA

View Full Version : Democracy in action

EN[i]GMA
10-09-2004, 08:24 AM
http://badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1346

yeahwho
10-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks, EN[i]GMA. interesting quote by Cobb.

Cobb's message: "To expose the undemocratic nature of these debate, this election and our government. These are not debates, these are infomercials."

And really very poorly scripted ones at that. Bush tries to take Kerrys words to use against him, while Kerry tries to unlabel himself for an hour and a half. The league of posturing and styling.

It's like the old Pepsi Challenge campaign. A real snoozer. We're being rope a doped by our own legal system.

Is it just me, I think some of the people I hang out with could do a better job. Any of the Beastie Boys could do a better job.

A change is needed in the Debate forum and the Democratic and Republican parties must be held accountable. If one of these two parties refuses to debate fairly, fine, their absence will speak volumes (plus make themselves an easy target). The legal system is screwing us. The man is holding us down. First party candidates need to continually expose how the second party candidates are corporate pawns.

EN[i]GMA
10-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Both Badnarik and Cobb kick ass. I would rather see either of them in office than Bush. They've worked together a lot on pushing election reform which gets a big thumbs up from me.

Funkaloyd
10-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Hopefully their arrest will get them some corporate media attention.

EN[i]GMA
10-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Doubt it. The bastards.

paulk
10-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Doubt it. The bastards.

For serious man, I was about going to post this same link. I can't find a single AP article on it. I looked on msnbc.com and cnn.com and then I gave up because I couldn't think of any other reputable American news agencies. I bet that if it was Mike Badnarik and David Cobb who flew the planes into the World Trade Center, the newswhores would have found the story worthy of about ten seconds of airtime.

But this incident makes me 200% more certain that I'm voting for my man Mike, and I was already 100% certain. At least when he gets arrested he's sober.

Interesting sidenote: As a show of solidarity, Badnarik and Cobb refused to be separated during their arrest--some observers claimed that they saw the two holding hands.

EN[i]GMA
10-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Cobb and Badnarik are alright motherfuckers. Libertarians aren't to bad. I would vote for them before Democrats or Republicans, thats for damn sure.

Funkaloyd
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, if only to piss Democrats off.

EN[i]GMA
10-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Not really. They make some sense.