PDA

View Full Version : Red Lobster's Garlic Cheese Biscuits

ScarySquirrel
10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Don't say I never did anything for you folks. Especially if you're a dude... girls love these things so much, they get crazy when you bring them over to their apartments. As a word of advice though, under no circumstances should you give them the recipe... always promise that you will and then just forget about it. Because once they know the recipe, you've lost your power. Here it goes:

Ingredients:
2 cups of buttermilk pancake mix
2/3 cup of milk (2% is what the recipe calls for, but I've done it with skim and they were fine... so do whatever you want)
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450˚.
2. Combine buttermilk mix, milk, and cheese.
3. Beat for 30 seconds and just kind of generally make sure it's all kind of mixed up pretty swell.
4. Put the stuff on a greased cookie sheet. You can scoop out biscuit sized things with any ol' spoon and just try to make sure they don't look too weird.
5. Load those bad boys into the oven for about ten minutes (I think...). While they're in the oven you might as well take that butter and melt it in the zapper (read: microwave). Once the butter's melted, sprinkle that garlic powder in it and you're good to go on that part.
6. Just to be safe you might want to keep an eye on those guys in the oven, and when they're a nice golden brown color, they're probably done. Cut one open to make sure it isn't all dough still on the inside and you're good to go.
7. Pull those guys out when they're done (unless your guests like eating inside the oven), and get one of those little paintbrush lookin' things and cover them all with that melted butter stuff.
8. Watch the girls' will melt like that butter did in the microwave once they know you've got the secret of their tummy's desire.

jabumbo
10-11-2004, 09:24 PM
sounds really tasty

bdavid
10-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Aren't they called Cheddar Bay Biscuits?

Flowside
10-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Yo, greetings from the Z forums squirrel ;)

I've made these as well and I usually blend dried parsley flakes in with the dough as well as the brushed butter on top. It adds some extra tang and makes it look 10 times better.

ScarySquirrel
10-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah, good lookin' out, Flowside. I'll give 'er a whirl on a couple of the biscuits next time I'm whipping a batch up.

stillill
10-14-2004, 02:59 AM
I love you so much ScarySquirrel. My friend and I are obsessed with these biscuits, thanks so much! (y)

hellojello
10-14-2004, 06:57 AM
im going to make them
as soon as a find out what buttermilk pancake mix is (is it like that shake and pour pancake mix that comes in a bottle - just ad water?)

ScarySquirrel
10-15-2004, 12:17 AM
im going to make them
as soon as a find out what buttermilk pancake mix is (is it like that shake and pour pancake mix that comes in a bottle - just ad water?)
Something like this (http://www.jiffymix.com/productpics/buttermilk.gif).

brooklyn_bred
10-15-2004, 03:33 AM
those biscuits would sound slamming with some spaghetti and meatballs or a nice pot roast .

thanks for the recipe, im gonna have my moms make this

adrockmelanie
10-17-2004, 12:59 AM
i'm the only girl in the world that hates these things.

jabumbo
10-17-2004, 09:29 PM
i'm the only girl in the world that hates these things.

does that mean ill need to find something else to make in order to swoon you?

paulk
10-19-2004, 11:12 AM
does that mean ill need to find something else to make in order to spoon you?

I tried this recipe. Buttermilk mancake mix imparts an odd sweetness to it.

adrockmelanie
10-27-2004, 11:18 PM
does that mean ill need to find something else to make in order to swoon you?

melanie's favorite foods:

1. cheese
2. bread
3. pasta
4. strawberries
5. crab rangoons
6. taco bell

actually, other than hot fudge sundae poptarts, i think this is honestly all i ever eat.... and all i drink is lemonade, sprite, and water.

....i'm so weird.

jabumbo
10-27-2004, 11:46 PM
melanie's favorite foods:

1. cheese
2. bread
3. pasta
4. strawberries
5. crab rangoons
6. taco bell

actually, other than hot fudge sundae poptarts, i think this is honestly all i ever eat.... and all i drink is lemonade, sprite, and water.

....i'm so weird.

minus the taco bell, and ive got no complaints