PDA

View Full Version : Drum and Bass

*Nurse Rachet*
10-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Love it!

found a Roni size CD! Made my day.

Also good:

Diesel boy - threw a good party with him as a headliner in upstate NY years ago. He killed it.

Dj wild style

Dj Rap - shes a bitch but I like her music.

AK1200
Dara -POTD 2000
(y)

Parkey
10-10-2004, 05:34 PM
You want to get into Grime! It's what D'N'B evolved into (y)

*Nurse Rachet*
10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
inlighten me please! :cool:

Parkey
10-10-2004, 05:53 PM
inlighten me please! :cool:
Here's as good a place to start as any:
Grime (http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?merchID=13826) (y)

Gareth
10-10-2004, 08:23 PM
i dont think any big name US djs have been down here except keaton and hive.

but yea dnb is ok but i see it more as something for the clubs with heavy systems and not really for headphones or some shit to listen to at work. i used to go to gigs alot but not so much anymore.

check out andy c's new mix cd 'nightlife 2'. play it loud.

RiCeBoY102
10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Yea I'd say Andy C's shit is pretty good, considering I don't really listen to a lot of DnB.

hitmonlee
10-10-2004, 09:04 PM
pendulum!

Parkey
10-11-2004, 06:18 AM
I used to go to the Drum and Bass Arena all the time in Sheffield and saw all the big guns there. However, it go too big for the Steel City and moved on...

Drederick Tatum
10-11-2004, 06:24 AM
i dont think any big name US djs have been down here except keaton and hive.

but yea dnb is ok but i see it more as something for the clubs with heavy systems and not really for headphones or some shit to listen to at work. i used to go to gigs alot but not so much anymore.

check out andy c's new mix cd 'nightlife 2'. play it loud.

you going to Phat 05?

thegoodmrbrodie!
10-11-2004, 12:20 PM
jungle is indeed massive.

*Nurse Rachet*
10-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Hmm.. this "Grime" genre is different. Its a bit too Garage for me maybe?
Not bad.

So the DJs who play this is it all on decks or do they use other equipment? Ive never heard of this style untill now. You UK people are ahead of us, I suppose. Or were just real slow. (n)

hitmonlee
10-12-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm a househead.

D'N B always seemed a little too fast to get down 2.

just dance to every second beat instead of every beat.

Gareth
10-12-2004, 02:59 AM
or get some drugs.

but yea...nah not going to phat 05 cos i want to go to melbourne over new years...before i start my life as a bum with no job and no school to attend.

Parkey
10-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Hmm.. this "Grime" genre is different. Its a bit too Garage for me maybe?
Not bad.

So the DJs who play this is it all on decks or do they use other equipment? Ive never heard of this style untill now. You UK people are ahead of us, I suppose. Or were just real slow. (n)Some of it can sound a bit Garage, but that's dissapearing fast. The new Grime compilation on Rephlex is proper hard stuff. I belive Adam F is involved now.

*Nurse Rachet*
10-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Adam F is good, didnt think hed be one to gointo this style.

*squarepusher is also some fucking sick shit*
Indeed.
Ive slept on his recent release Venus No. 17, how does it size up to his past productions?

Then
10-13-2004, 07:36 AM
I've got a few friends living in London now, and I think it would be some hot shit to go to Fabric. They play all that mash up trance n bass that I ain't never heard anything like.

Grime is total bom with all the glitchy game boy noises and ancient arcade bass womps, especially if there's a pissed off black cockney shouting over the top.

Parkey
10-13-2004, 11:09 AM
I've got a few friends living in London now, and I think it would be some hot shit to go to Fabric. They play all that mash up trance n bass that I ain't never heard anything like.

Grime is total bom with all the glitchy game boy noises and ancient arcade bass womps, especially if there's a pissed off black cockney shouting over the top.
Fabric is damn fine, but Stealth in Nottingham gives it a run for its money (y)

hellojello
10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
is it like glitch-step/hop?

all these sub-sub-genres are getting annoying, I remember when it was all called techno
i dont this it was ever all called techno expect maybe by twats who also like to call it doof doof
check out dillinja technical itch edrush and optical

hellojello
10-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Love it!

found a Roni size CD! Made my day.

Also good:

Diesel boy - threw a good party with him as a headliner in upstate NY years ago. He killed it.

Dj wild style

Dj Rap - shes a bitch but I like her music.

AK1200
Dara -POTD 2000
(y)

what roni size cd was it where'd u find it kazaa?

*Nurse Rachet*
10-13-2004, 02:14 PM
what roni size cd was it where'd u find it kazaa?

HA! I wish I could use Kazaa, I have to use limewire. (n)

I have a couple tracks from Return To V.
The remix album
Touching down
And Ive been colecting wax as well
Box of tricks
26 Bass
In the mode

Rythem fiction: How long have you been DJing? I used to go out alot in B-low acouple years ago.
:D

*Nurse Rachet*
10-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Ha, I dont remember. Maybe Parahna? Or is that in Rochester? Then I used to hang for a min. with some WNYSOR.net kids.

whats your DJ name?

CNYraves.com :eek:

a_rock
10-15-2004, 02:45 AM
couldnt have a drum and bass thread without saying how good Concord Dawn is......two guys from New Zealand got this cd out called Uprising...totally one for all the dnb heds!!!

and their coming to the big day out!!

saz
10-18-2004, 04:27 PM
this thread is a travesty because no one mentioned Return To V or Good Game...yeah Gareth, I've been on a hunt for Nightlife 2, I've got 1 and it's pretty tight...and whenever Dieselboy comes around these parts, our locals usually smoke his ass on the decks

*Nurse Rachet*
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I have a couple tracks from Return To V.

:p ;)

I still need the whole CD :(

phatclub
11-03-2004, 10:57 PM
:)

If you like New Zealand Drum and Bass
check out ........

Agent Alvin

New addictive CD just out

WWW.capitalrecordings.co.nz

And if anyone wants to come to Phat 05
Tickets are selling fast, and will probaly sell out!!!

Line up includes ...
Bad Company (uk) Maldini and Vagas
Pendulum (perth)
Digital (uk)
Agent Alvin
Salmonella Dub
Black seeds
Shapeshifters
Concord dawn
Conerstone roots and maney more!!!!!!!!

For more info Search web for Phat 05

or E-mail phatclub@ts.co.nz
(y)

tracky
11-04-2004, 01:33 AM
i used to be pretty heavily into the dnb. i still listen to some, mainly old bukem because it's actually good music as opposed to literally "drum" and "bass". check out dj rap "journeys through the land of drum and bass" that's a great mix. logical progressions and progression sessions, all good. Logical Progression Level 3 (CD1 only). That's some good shit. Hunt that down. Any bukem mixes with mc conrad are pretty much guaranteed to be good. Progression Sessions 1 is a must have too, imo. I guess it depends what you're into. They're some of my personal favourites. Oh and of course the whole Promised Land collection. Volume 2 (mixed by Fabio, vocals by Watkiss) is magic.

djloki
08-27-2005, 01:38 AM
eh this thread is a little old but i thought id revive it. ive been a dnb dj for 4 years , producer for 2 and i cant get enough of it. i do have to say that some of the new stuff is, well kinda shitty, but i still love it. i run a crew down here in texas and we our own little parties. we run a site called www.everydayjunglist.org (http://www.everydayjunglist.org) its small but hell it doesnt need to be much
check out my remix of a world gone mad
Click Here for the Remix (right-slick and save-as.. to save) (http://www.everydayjunglist.org/logan/beastieboys-inaworldgonemad(lokirmx).mp3) :cool:

Parkey
08-28-2005, 02:46 PM
VEX'D and Exile are the current kings of DnB (y)

hitmonlee
08-29-2005, 02:44 AM
i used to be pretty heavily into the dnb. i still listen to some, mainly old bukem because it's actually good music as opposed to literally "drum" and "bass". check out dj rap "journeys through the land of drum and bass" that's a great mix. logical progressions and progression sessions, all good. Logical Progression Level 3 (CD1 only). That's some good shit. Hunt that down. Any bukem mixes with mc conrad are pretty much guaranteed to be good. Progression Sessions 1 is a must have too, imo. I guess it depends what you're into. They're some of my personal favourites. Oh and of course the whole Promised Land collection. Volume 2 (mixed by Fabio, vocals by Watkiss) is magic.

personally there is no dnb artist i dislike more than bukem.

boring dnb that never seems to "kick in"
the songs go nowhere.

liquid fluff its been nicknamed. =P

synch
08-29-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm a househead.

D'N B always seemed a little too fast to get down 2.
just dance to every second beat instead of every beat.
What she said :)

It's funny how somewhere during the evening I lose all coordination from an alcohol/tiredness combination and won't be able to dance to drum 'n bass for the remainder of the evening.

Ah well, it's always fun to see people dance to it (and get drunkenerder :D ).

synch
08-29-2005, 02:57 AM
So the DJs who play this is it all on decks or do they use other equipment? Ive never heard of this style untill now. You UK people are ahead of us, I suppose. Or were just real slow. (n)
I was standing behind Roni Size while he was mixing after a gig last year and he used two sl1210's and a cd mix thing. Someone tapped him on the shoulder while he was mixing all three, broke his concentration and the beat went off.

Heh.

Gareth
08-29-2005, 03:30 AM
calibre and klute are the only dudes i've checked out in recent times.

ET
08-30-2005, 12:47 PM
VEX'D (y)

LIII-ON! *fart noises*