PDA

View Full Version : My Thanksgiving Tofurkey.

RockabillyGrrl
10-11-2004, 10:06 PM
http://www.goddessgossip.com/tofurky.jpg
That's what I had for Thanksgiving. I had some veggies coated in that Tomato and Oregano salad dressing, squash, and stuffing with it... Mmm Mmm (y)

cosmo105
10-11-2004, 10:57 PM
i made one of these on Valentine's day and oh man. they rule. try the Tofurky Jurky too. it's good stuff. ginger teryaki...mmm. BUT! never ever ever try UnTurkey. it's made out of wheat gluten instead of soy. and GOD was that awful. i made that for thanksgiving last year. the gravy was decent, but seriously that stuff still makes me gag when i think about it. i can't wait to bake myself a cute little tofurky this year though :p

RockabillyGrrl
10-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Lol that sounds awful.. Wheat Gluten? (n)

My tofurkey actually came with a tofurkey jurky thingy.. It tasted like real smoked jurky!!

I am saving half of my tofurkey in the freezer for other holidays lol.. It looked so small.. yet it's gonna last me like a year hah.

jabumbo
10-12-2004, 09:50 PM
real turkey kicks too much ass for me to even try that stuff...

monkey
10-12-2004, 10:02 PM
i cried last year when i had to make a real turkey. tofurkey isnt too... like... weird plastic tasting, is it?

i might do that. or we might have beans this year.

jabumbo
10-12-2004, 10:09 PM
do not have beans...please

cosmo105
10-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Tofurky has a really really great taste and texture to it. one of the best meat replacements out there. like a lot of other soy replacements, it's high in sodium, but man, is it good.
don't go into it expecting turkey, though. it's really really good but it ain't turkey.

jabumbo
10-13-2004, 11:42 AM
nothing can approach the level of the turkey