PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Wainwright

Documad
10-11-2004, 10:58 PM
I saw him in concert last night and he played stuff from his new CD (he said it was coming out in November) and it will be called Want Two. The new stuff sounded terrific and included a song about Jeff Buckley.

DandyFop
10-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't want somebody to love me
just give me sex whenver I want it
Cause all I ask for is instant pleasure

cosmo105
10-11-2004, 11:04 PM
and you will believe in love
and all that's it's supposed to be
but just until the fish doesn't smell and you're
struck down by an arrow

(why must he be gay? why, why, WHY??? :()

Documad
10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
I know! He's absolutely yummy and really funny, smart, and self depricating.

Cooky Puss
10-12-2004, 07:26 AM
I've seen him live in Amsterdam a couple of months ago. We saw him before the show started with a big pimp coat and sunglasses and he was very friendly.
The show was absolutely amazing. I just got a lump in my throat when he started off with Angus Dei. wowie, that man really has an amazing voice. And he's very funny too. (he told us that he thought every restaurant here was french because he didn't realise our flag is also red white and blue :D)

I love him to bits, and can't wait for want two to come out.
<3

Rocks So Well
10-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Rufus Wainwright is great. Especially Imaginary Love...

Jeff Buckley was fabulous too. :)

cosmo105
08-20-2005, 11:15 AM
saw him last night w/ Ben Folds and Ben Lee.

i'm convinced that man is superhuman. that voice, the impeccable clothing...he's incredible.

he and Ben Folds did an awesome duet of "Careless Whisper" :D i actually was able to record a good minute of it on my digi cam. if anyone wants it, let me know...i'll have it on my comp later on today.

Documad
08-21-2005, 12:35 AM
I still can't get over how great he sounded, just playing the piano and playing the guitar and singing. He messed up on the piano and he would stop and say something and start over. No one would have ever known that he messed up.

I thought he was very funny. And just adorable.

My friend picked him as her favorite concert of 2004.

Is he doing more things with Ben Folds?

cosmo105
08-21-2005, 08:09 PM
they're touring together right now, along with Ben Lee...it's called the Odd Men Out Tour. i love them all :o

wavin_goodbye
08-22-2005, 08:30 AM
man i'm a bit disappointed because he's not coming here with ben folds.. (it's his hometown) - normally he does several shows here a year, but 2005 has been unusually rufus-less for me. :(

hmm I didn't notice that this was old... I did see him a month after want two came out...

PS. he's on TV tonight

HEIRESS
08-23-2005, 06:15 PM
he has a sister
her name is martha
and
go

wavin_goodbye
08-23-2005, 07:33 PM
he played this love affair on craig ferguson. i have it on my dvd player if anyone wants to come over and watch :)

Sandinista!
08-23-2005, 10:05 PM
New music for flea-ridden pansies.

Listen to something worthwhile instead, like the Smiths or Berlin-era Bowie.

Documad
08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
I have the CD where Martha and Rufus sing with their dad and mom and aunt. It's awesome.