PDA

View Full Version : worcester centrum = no alcohol?

bostonlou
10-12-2004, 11:37 AM
can anyone confirm or deny this??

guy I am going to the show with said he went to a concert at the centrum this summer and there was no beer being sold at all??

i'd just like a soda or 2 during the show... am i going to be forced to smoke something i really don't want to?? ;)

NicRN77
10-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I went to a show at the Centrum in August and they were serving beer.

bostonlou
10-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I went to a show at the Centrum in August and they were serving beer.

thank you!

he went to a linkin park show and I told him it was probably an 18 and under show or something ;)

now he gets to party with the adults tonight :)

Justin
10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
i dunno about worcester, but in fairfax they had a certain area sectioned off (like a large box, with blue drapes) We were "only" allowed to drink beer in that area only, we werent allowed to take it out of the box.

Small beers were $5
"jumbo" ones were $7

shadrach378
10-13-2004, 09:32 AM
looks like it.....plenty of beer during opening (y) , but when the bboys went on......NO BEER (n) (n) waited in line for like 25 minutes and NO BEER (n) (n)

NicRN77
10-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Beers are too pricey in the venue. Why didn't you just hang out at a bar before the show?

shadrach378
10-13-2004, 09:54 AM
work work work, but was there in time to have a few :)

slownlow
10-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Beers are too pricey in the venue. Why didn't you just hang out at a bar before the show?

Those bars sucked!.....mobbed, yeah expected...but seeing all the 19 year olds pouring..or attempting to pour drinks at those dumps was pathetic. Anyone who eventually did get a drink was too pissed to enjoy it from waiting a half hour for a bottle of brew...what a joke..the manager finally came and took our order and was thougroughly embarrassed. Hope that wasnt thier A-team!

....and actually we did leave to deal with less of a hassle in the venue...worth the xtra buck or two.

Micodin
10-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm glad my night didn't consist of drunken frat meat heads slamming into me all night. Oh yeah, it did. Thats because people need to get mad wasted to have a good time at a show.

shadrach378
10-13-2004, 12:16 PM
No need to get mad wasted.....doesn't mean that a coupla beers before the show is a bad thing!! Definetly glad that my night didn't consist of beer being spilled all over me and shit!!!!

bostonlou
10-15-2004, 09:57 AM
went to finnegans before the show... they ran out of budlight

how the fluck do you run out of budlight?? the first round I bought had born on dates from february and shit all over the bottles... guess no one drinks bud light at this dump... looked like the kind of place where all the cool kids sip guinness or amstel

oh well... there were a couple of hoes in there anyway ;)