PDA

View Full Version : Why no "Alive"?

valvano
10-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I know everybody wonders why they no longer play "Fight for yer Right" or "Hey Ladies" and other classics, but a new song I really wished they would play is "Alive". Its a really cool song, plus very PC and socially conscience, I would think it would still be right up their alley. Alas, wasnt played at Fairfax Friday or any other shows on this tour from what I can tell.

the Moby "Alive" mix on the DVD goes well with the video of them riding the ATV and scooters on the Manhattan side.

:confused:

adrock1988
10-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I am very suprised that they didnt rotate Alive into the Setlist randomly on Tour. I was lucky enough to hear it In Vegas for JMJ but I don't think theyve done it anywhere else.

wavin_goodbye
10-12-2004, 07:17 PM
alive would be swell

luveeyore
10-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Alive is one of my fave Beastie tunes. (y)

countrymikedj
10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
i'll maybe request it in line, it needs to be played!

venusl21
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Please, Please, Please play it in Ottawa !

I'm bringing my daughter for her birthday (she'll be ten) and it's her favorite bboys song !!!

Please, please play Alive in Ottawa !!! :)

venusl21
10-12-2004, 08:45 PM
She's the biggest young bboys fan in the world!

She have been listening to the bboys from the inside (when i was pregnant.... :)

I've planned to put on "sabotage" when i gave birth... but my mom discouraged me :D

It'll be so cool if they could play Alive for her ... and for all of us

LiquidNinja
10-12-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah alive is great. maybe it's more difficult to mix different songs into it MMM style? :confused:

minton
10-13-2004, 01:48 AM
You want Alive live? Maybe someone who writes the setlist each night will see this and take it into consideration. ;)

venusl21
10-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Well, i hope they'll take it in consideration for Ottawa, November 10th...
(lb) (28 days to think about it !!!) (lb)

:D I'm begging you, master of the setlist.... :D

Pres Zount
10-13-2004, 07:31 AM
One person decides the setlist? Cool.

Alive is probably my favorite song. Probably.

bostonlou
10-13-2004, 07:42 AM
pearl jam still plays it?!? :)

pshabi
10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
My kid is only 1 1/2 years old and when MCA says "you never been me, you wanna rap but what you're making ain't hip hop B" baby comes in with the "OOOOOHHHHHHHHH" that Mike D does in the background. EVERYTIME. Even if I sing the lyrics.

Then, when mIke says sport that fresssssssssssssssssssh, he joins in with the shhhhhhhhhhhhhh part. It's dope.

When HN came out, my other son was 2 1/2. First he would drop the MMMMMMMDROP on Intergalactic. Then he learned the part in Body Movin "flame on, I'm gone......... Came out rappin when I was born, mom said rock it to the break of dawn!"

That was cute.

I also teach PE and play the beastie boys during my classes. Some of my first graders are like "oh yeah! Beastie Boys!" The like the singles from TT5B.

Oh yeah, I'm also nominated for Adult of the Year!
She's the biggest young bboys fan in the world!

She have been listening to the bboys from the inside (when i was pregnant.... :)

I've planned to put on "sabotage" when i gave birth... but my mom discouraged me :D

It'll be so cool if they could play Alive for her ... and for all of us

pshabi
10-13-2004, 07:51 AM
You want Alive live? Maybe someone who writes the setlist each night will see this and take it into consideration. ;)
You're not implying YOU have something to do with the setlist are you?

It doesn't seem like it, but I wouldn't be surprised!

minton
10-13-2004, 07:52 AM
One person decides the setlist? Cool.

Alive is probably my favorite song. Probably.

No, no. All three Beastie Boys do it.