PDA

View Full Version : and you wonder why they hate the west

hellojello
10-16-2004, 09:34 AM
The real problem with [cultural] globalization is the loss of morals formed by the general understanding of cultural limitations, and the quasi shadow of a culture that it [globalization] leaves in its place. Globalization in theory has the ability to enrich and allow to prosper each individual nation and its peoples by helping to achieve some sort of universal understanding of the differences and diversities in cultures, whilst concurrently defining some universal expectations (ultimately based on humanity). However in practice it is driven by economic forces which ultimately and convincingly override any other rational and social responsibility, whilst also showing no concern for the superficial images (everything is a commodity) it so obviously presents. Social norms are being eroded and traditional ideals unheard of, to be replaced with norms and ideals that are not culturally sensitive nor are they of any longstanding value.©

paulk
10-16-2004, 12:38 PM
This idea is also relevant to the United States.

We must ask ourselves, What Would Jefferson Do?

STATES' RIGHTS!

Don't tread on me, motherfucker! and shit.

No joke.

Note: I didn't miss your point.

Space
10-16-2004, 01:02 PM
i understand where you are coming from, and agree with the matter of your post, but the header is a total generalization.