PDA

View Full Version : moby

nickhead
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
moby is releasing 2 cd's next march.. this is from his website blog:

"cd1 will be a cd of songs. some conventional. some not. but songs.
and cd2 will be an ambient cd. ambient might be a dirty word in some circles, but i love the idea of subtle, melodic, atmospheric music that can either exist in the fore or back ground.
and cd1 will contain a cover.
i don't often cover other peoples songs.
but cd1 will contain a cover.
and the hint is...i bought a 7" single in the early 80's and it was very difficult to determine the artist because the artwork looked like blue flecked linoleum on the 7" sleeve.
eh, you'll figure it out soon enough."

anyone have any idea what this cover might be??

Spanishbomb808
10-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Well, it's not Blue Monday. That was a 12'' single...right?

nickhead
11-02-2004, 07:30 PM

Just found out it IS in fact new order.. but not blue monday. he's covering 'temptation'.

Documad
04-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I am not a Moby fan, but I am enjoying the new CD and the ambient thing too. I even like the New Order cover. I'm wondering whether his fans like it. I like his voice better than the assortment of people who sang on some prior albums.

I'm going to see him live in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

DroppinScience
04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
While "Hotel" is no "Play," I enjoyed this new album! (y)

I should give it a few more listens, but I don't see some critics' beef with the album (I think AMG gave it 2 stars :eek: ).

mca47
04-12-2005, 08:32 PM
i think it's pretty good too!

Sandinista!
04-13-2005, 12:05 AM

You're hott.

Matt
04-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Just found out it IS in fact new order.. but not blue monday. he's covering 'temptation'.

I heard the new album, and it's good, but Temptation was the only track I didn't like much, oddly enough. I loved his cover of New Dawn Fades, though. Even more than the original, especially the live version with New Order.

And the 7" thing must be a mistake. if memory serves me correctly, New Order never put out 7" singles after "ceremony" b/w "in a lonely place". They made full use of the 12" - 45 RPM format.

Documad
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Nobody gives a fuck, but I saw Moby last night at a club and he was great. I am not a fan, but I like the new album and he did lots from it. My friend who's an original Moby fan loved that he did old stuff that reminded her of her wild clubbing days. He did little from Play (which is great because I hated most of it) but he did Porcelain (which I love).

His encore was mostly funny covers including Sweet Child of Mine as if done by a cruise ship band.

I had no idea he played guitar! He seemed good at it and did a heavy metal style duel with the other guitarist.

DroppinScience
04-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Nobody gives a fuck, but I saw Moby last night at a club and he was great. I am not a fan, but I like the new album and he did lots from it. My friend who's an original Moby fan loved that he did old stuff that reminded her of her wild clubbing days. He did little from Play (which is great because I hated most of it) but he did Porcelain (which I love).

His encore was mostly funny covers including Sweet Child of Mine as if done by a cruise ship band.

I had no idea he played guitar! He seemed good at it and did a heavy metal style duel with the other guitarist.

Sounds awesome! (y) (And hey look! I give a fuck!)

And Moby has always been about the guitar. Just listen to the "Animal Rights" album.

Documad
04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I've never heard Animal Rights, except the one about a Revolver? I really love the new one more and more though.

Thanks for giving a fuck DS. You're the best. :)

Freedom Toast
04-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I too give a fuck. Sounds like a cool show.

I'd like to see Moby live.

When we were in NYC, my (ex)girlfriend and I ate and drank at Moby's Teany....which is right around the corner from the Pauls Boutique location.

Way to trigger some memories...now i'm getting depressed.

Documad
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm going to NYC in June, with a friend who's a Moby fanatic and a vegetarian. I'm guessing we'll be stopping by.

This trip, I can't think of anything I absolutely have to do.