PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney 1970-75

yeahwho
10-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Paul McCartney 1970-75, Some real cool songs. I'm probably alone on this but I thought I'd check and see if anybody else enjoys these raw and DIY songs he did right after the Beatles broke up. Then he slowly built up tempo till Venus and Mars was a full tilt crank `em out production. He really was quite good in his day. A few of my favs,

Uncle Albert
Smile Away
Let Me Roll It
Junior's Farm
Magneto And Titanium Man

Then of course, 1976 came and he went right into the crapper with Silly Love Songs

mickill
10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Paul McCartney 1970-75, Some real cool songs. I'm probably alone on this but I thought I'd check and see if anybody else enjoys these raw and DIY songs he did right after the Beatles broke up. Then he slowly built up tempo till Venus and Mars was a full tilt crank `em out production. He really was quite good in his day. A few of my favs,

Band On The Run (the song especially, but the album as well) and a lot of the songs on McCartney stand out the most, for me. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the time frame, though.

I have mint copies of all of his albums right through to London Town, except for Wildlife and Thrillington, on vinyl. The stickers and chart of the planets that came with Venus And Mars are still in perfect condition, as well. I inherited these records for free a couple of years ago, along with a whole crate of other great stuff (the entire Zeppelin catalog, Floyd, Lennon, Zappa etc), in seriously mint condition.

He's probably still my least favorite Beatle. But he when he wanted to be, he was an artist with few peers.

yeahwho
10-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I inherited these records for free a couple of years ago, along with a whole crate of other great stuff ( Zappa etc), in seriously mint condition.

He's probably still my least favorite Beatle. But he when he wanted to be, he was an artist with few peers.

Did you get "Brown Shoes Don't Make It?"

Yep he is the least likable and really turns out to be the least spiritual of the group. Ringo always kept a steady beat. George was Dope. John was Sick.

mickill
10-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Did you get "Brown Shoes Don't Make It?"

No, but that song is incredible.

I only got a few of his albums (Apostrophe, One Size Fits All, Over-nite Sensation, Bongo Fury). With his catalog, it'd probably take up a few crates.

Documad
07-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Band On The Run (the song especially, but the album as well) and a lot of the songs on McCartney stand out the most, for me. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the time frame, though.

For some reason, I've been listening to Band on the Run a lot lately and I kind of love it. Strange.

I just bought my first Ringo LP so I can't rank the solo Beatles. I was always a big George fan (despite the 3rd LP on All Things Must Pass). I have to say that for solo stuff, I actually like Paul better than John if you cut Paul off when John died. But then my young ears always had problems with John.