PDA

View Full Version : Maxim Magazine (UK),July '04

Shazam_21
10-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Just thought i'd share this with you guys, they were chosen as Artist of the Month on release of TT5B.

POP YOBS RIOTING!

"Shouldn't they be called Beastie Middle Aged Men?" muttered a cynical 14 yrs-old heroin addict.

The Beastie Boys fondly recall the first time they invaded Britain.......

MCA: It was 1987, the LTI tour. We had this big inflatable dick on stage, and girls in cages. They had meeting in Parliament about wether they should let us in! So right off the plane we grabbed the nearest car and pretended to turn it over.....

MIKE D: The headlines went 'POP YOBS TURNING OVER CARS AND RIOTING!'.

MCA: Allthe dates on that tour sold out, so they added a Liverpool date that just attracted all these people that wanted to riot.

ADROCK: They were chanting football songs that were louder than our songs! Talk about a bad gig. I was jailed for a couple of nights too. (A Liverpool girl claimed he battered her over the head with a beer can)

MIKE D: Then Volkswagen got worried cos kids were stealing the hood ornaments

ADROCK: They placed an ad that said 'DON'T STEAL THEM AND WE'LL SEND YOUR OWN MEDALLION!'.

MIKE D: Then there was 'POP YOBS MOCKING DYING KIDS!'.

ADROCK: See I make fun of dying children all the time. Just not those particular ones.

brianavalentino
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
ADROCK: See I make fun of dying children all the time. Just not those particular ones.

LOL!

b0Z
10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
ADROCK: They placed an ad that said 'DON'T STEAL THEM AND WE'LL SEND YOUR OWN MEDALLION!'.

i like that bit. i was talking to some guy on soulseek and he said he sent for one.

do you reckon they still would if you asked now?