PDA

View Full Version : Turn your back on Bush

D_Raay
11-08-2004, 02:19 AM
http://www.turnyourbackonbush.org/

The election is over. The fight is not.

Bush's election is bad for the US, and even worse for the rest of the world. But elections are only one part of democracy. We need to think strategically about direct action, learn from a rich history of nonviolent activism, and develop new tactics to take on this administration.

Let's start from the start: Inauguration Day.

On January 20th, 2005, we're calling for a new kind of action. The Bush administration has been successful at keeping protesters away from major events in the last few years by closing off areas around events and using questionable legal strategies to outlaw public dissent. We can use these obstacles to develop new tactics. On Inauguration day, we don't need banners, we don't need signs, we don't need puppets, we just need people.

We're calling on people to attend inauguration without protest signs, shirts or stickers. Once through security and at the procession, at a given signal, we'll all turn our backs on Bush's motorcade and continue through his speech and swearing in. A simple, clear and coherent message.

Whois
11-08-2004, 12:05 PM
"Turn your back on Bush"

Why would I do that, he'll try to do 'things' to me...

D_Raay
11-08-2004, 12:09 PM
"Turn your back on Bush"

Why would I do that, he'll try to do 'things' to me...
Hehe, hadn't thought of that....

ASsman
11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
As you all do that, I will walk past stealing all of your wallets. And girlfriend pictures for my spank bank.

I will check it out. If I can drive there I will go, else I will turn my back to the television.

Ace42
11-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Before someone suggests rephrasing the subject as "turn your gun on Bush" - let me remind them that it is not only a crime in the US, but liable to get you banned. You have been warned.

paulk
11-08-2004, 05:58 PM
What if we use the word "gun" as a euphemism?

Whois
11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
What if we use the word "gun" as a euphemism?

"This is my weapon, this is my gun...one is for fighting, the others for fun."

QueenAdrock
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
D_Raay, you're in Virginey? I'm on the MD side of DC, we should definitely go to his inauguration. Instead of turning just the backs, I'm gonna drop my drawers too, which I'll have "Bush" on one cheek, and "sucks" on the other. Just because that screams classy. :cool:

ASsman
11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I will be there to photo-document the event. And start a T&A thread.

D_Raay
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
D_Raay, you're in Virginey? I'm on the MD side of DC, we should definitely go to his inauguration. Instead of turning just the backs, I'm gonna drop my drawers too, which I'll have "Bush" on one cheek, and "sucks" on the other. Just because that screams classy. :cool:
Anywhere you're going I'm going ;)
Especially if your droppin drawers :D

Whois
11-09-2004, 10:48 AM

Good luck getting past security...

"Sorry buddy, we only allow Bush worshipers..."

ASsman
11-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I will be wearing nothing but a Bush button on my weiner.

infidel
11-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Good luck getting past security...

"Sorry buddy, we only allow Bush worshipers..."
They check you out by making you read a passage from the bible.
If you can read any word with more than four letters you're out of luck.

Whois
11-09-2004, 11:20 AM

:D (y)

Ali
11-09-2004, 11:26 AM

Read? Those fekkers know the whole thing off by heart!

frisky girl
11-10-2004, 04:19 PM

(y) Respect due!

Space
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
D_Raay, you're in Virginey?

I'll have "Bush" on one cheek, and "sucks" on the other. Just because that screams classy. :cool:

D_raay your lucky bastage.

cookiepuss
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
I don't think they'll let us into the inaguration unless we can prove our loyaty to the republicans. :eek:

Rosie Cotton
11-10-2004, 05:56 PM
All you have to do is sign the loyalty oath!

ASsman
11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I'll register as a republican is that's what it takes.

There needs to be some IRC channels set up for this or something. For some real time info..... Does anyone know of any?

w33t
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm curious... could some of you explain remarks like "you have to take a loyalty oath before you can attend", the line about security personnel saying
"Sorry buddy, we only allow Bush worshipers...", and that remark by Whois implying that the President of the United States would partake in homosexual anal sex in the middle of his second inauguration?

D_Raay
11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
In steps the next batter.....

frisky girl
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm curious... could some of you explain remarks like "you have to take a loyalty oath before you can attend", the line about security personnel saying
"Sorry buddy, we only allow Bush worshipers...", and that remark by Whois implying that the President of the United States would partake in homosexual anal sex in the middle of his second inauguration?

Do you always take everything so literally? Lighten up.

Whois
11-11-2004, 10:21 AM

Try reading newspapers and watching the news..it helps.

ASsman
11-11-2004, 10:44 AM

Get out your cave man. Turn off FOX News...etc.

w33t
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Get out your cave man. Turn off FOX News...etc.

I don't even have Fox News in my room :(

Maybe if I did, I'd have seen the report where people were having to take loyalty oaths to watch the inauguration.

w33t
11-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Try reading newspapers and watching the news..it helps.

I do pay attention to both my local TV news and the newspaper (St. Louis Post Dispatch), and I haven't seen anything along those lines.

Whois
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
I do pay attention to both my local TV news and the newspaper (St. Louis Post Dispatch), and I haven't seen anything along those lines.

It's called sarcasm, and it's based on the fact that people are being asked to do some interesting things in order to get into events involving the president.

cookiepuss
11-11-2004, 01:17 PM
I don't even have Fox News in my room :(

Maybe if I did, I'd have seen the report where people were having to take loyalty oaths to watch the inauguration.

I started that remark about not being able to attend the inauguration unless you are a rep. I said it because they did not allow anyone who was not a registered republican to attend the republican convention.

Whois
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe this will help you understand:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/08/09/bush_backers_only_policy_riles_voters_at_rnc_ralli es/

http://www.abqjournal.com/elex/204620elex07-30-04.htm

http://www.slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2108852&

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/10/con04463.html

A classic:

http://www.drredwood.com/interviews/unknown.shtml

What did you think about President Bush's Thanksgiving visit to Iraq?

I was there when President Bush came to the [Baghdad] airport. The day before, you had to fill out a questionnaire and answer questions, that would determine whether they would allow you in the room with the President.

What was on the questionnaire?

"Do you support the president?"

Really!

Yes.

Members of the military were asked whether they support the president politically?

Yes. And if the answer was not a gung-ho, A-1, 100 percent yes, then you were not allowed into the cafeteria. You were not allowed to eat the Thanksgiving meal that day. You had an MRE.
-------------

And so on....

ASsman
11-11-2004, 02:27 PM
That started my decent into the Left. Learning about that Thanksgiving..... I will be forever grateful to my teacher.

Whois
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
That started my decent into the Left. Learning about that Thanksgiving..... I will be forever grateful to my teacher.

Too bad, you should have come over to the dark side...libertarian.

infidel
11-11-2004, 06:14 PM
That also began my nephew's assent to the left, he was also there for Baghdad T-day.
Said the only real turkey in the room was bush. The turkey bush paraded around for his photo-opt with was made out of plastic

Rosie Cotton
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
should we fart in his general direction?

Yes.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Whois
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the cheesemakers...

Life of Brian - Even better than Holy Grail

Rosie Cotton
11-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries!

paulk
11-12-2004, 02:41 AM
I think Assman would have made a good libertarian, it's too bad it had to turn out this way.

Most excellent, both Ascent and Descent were misspelled by two different posters. " :D (y) " Not that I give a shit though.

Funkaloyd
11-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Spelling libertarian!

Whois
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Spelling libertarian!

Spelling nazi

Grammer soviet

Punctuation capitalist?

:cool:

paulk
11-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Capitalization capitalist.

ASsman
11-12-2004, 10:40 PM
I think Assman would have made a good libertarian, it's too bad it had to turn out this way.

Most excellent, both Ascent and Descent were misspelled by two different posters. " :D (y) " Not that I give a shit though.
I'm still fresh on the scene.