PDA

View Full Version : hello australia!!!

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 04:24 AM
i'm sorry if this kind of thread has already been started...

but all you aussies - which beastie show(s) are you going to?
is anyone going to all of them? (including all big days out)
is anyone going out of the country - to japan or NZ?

i wanna hear!! :)

Rancid_Beasties
11-15-2004, 05:51 AM
I am going to melbourne bdo, and melbourne separate tour.

btw i didn't know the beastie boys were going to hobart... if not too bad for you :p you can always come to melbourne

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 05:53 AM
I am going to melbourne bdo, and melbourne separate tour.

btw i didn't know the beastie boys were going to hobart... if not too bad for you :p you can always come to melbourne

no, they're not coming to hobart, but it's ok because me and Pres Zount are going to both the Melbourne and Sydney solo shows! it's gonna cost a bloody fortune, but it's worth it!

Rancid_Beasties
11-15-2004, 06:25 AM
no, they're not coming to hobart, but it's ok because me and Pres Zount are going to both the Melbourne and Sydney solo shows! it's gonna cost a bloody fortune, but it's worth it!

mad, see you guys there :)

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 06:28 AM
mad, see you guys there :)
yes, we'll be wearing matching black tracksuits and VW chains. and there will be a zillion other people that look exactly like us! :p

Rancid_Beasties
11-15-2004, 06:46 AM
yes, we'll be wearing matching black tracksuits and VW chains. and there will be a zillion other people that look exactly like us! :p

hmmm...it kinda makes concerts weird when the floor is over age only. Especially when you're like me and you're 18 and all your friends are 17 and 10 months. They all have to sit while I get to go in the pit (ooo that rhymes:))......not that there will be one for the beastie boys but you know what i mean :p

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 07:02 AM
hmmm...it kinda makes concerts weird when the floor is over age only. Especially when you're like me and you're 18 and all your friends are 17 and 10 months. They all have to sit while I get to go in the pit (ooo that rhymes:))......not that there will be one for the beastie boys but you know what i mean :p

yeah, it is weird how the floor is over ago. it's not as if i'm going to drink anything at all - i want to really remember this experience!!

Rancid_Beasties
11-15-2004, 07:16 AM
yeah, it is weird how the floor is over ago. it's not as if i'm going to drink anything at all - i want to really remember this experience!!
Yeah I'm not really the drink then dance/jump type anyway....i'd end up falling and getting crushed by the crowd/mosh :o

scotty
11-15-2004, 07:16 AM
I have'nt yet decided yet whether I'll brave the Gold Coast BDO. I've stated my reasons regarding my apprehension for this previously and don't want to go into it again

Due to family, financial and work commitments a trip to Sydney for the solo show is out of the question.

Pres Zount
11-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm going to a Sydney show!

And I'm going to a Melbourne show!

minton
11-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll be at every show on the tour. See you there!

beatnick
11-15-2004, 06:54 PM
I will be at the Sydney sideshow and possibly the Sydney Big Day Out show. I was considering the Melbourne show too.. but it might be a little too costly to do it all..

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 06:57 PM
I'll be at every show on the tour. See you there!

what do you look like minton so we can spot you out? :p

zorra_chiflada
11-15-2004, 06:58 PM
I will be at the Sydney sideshow and possibly the Sydney Big Day Out show. I was considering the Melbourne show too.. but it might be a little too costly to do it all..

oh, i'm hearing you there! :(

minton
11-15-2004, 10:25 PM
what do you look like minton so we can spot you out? :p

Zoolander: click (http://www.doingsomething.com/sureshots/m.shtml). :eek:

Rancid_Beasties
11-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Will you be on the floor Minton, or do you get backstage passes or something?

minton
11-16-2004, 04:09 AM
Will you be on the floor Minton, or do you get backstage passes or something?

I'll be backstage.

Mcmac
11-16-2004, 05:00 AM
hey i am going to the melbourne show as well and its costing me a shit load its annoying how all the tickets are the same prices rip off i say anyway...for those people like me that arnt old enough to go in the licenced section...well i was talking to ma friend hoo also went to a concert at festival hall and he sed u can like go to the toilet and then just make ur way to the floor section! good shit ay! are there concerts that good? i love them too death but i dunt no if its worth spending $100 bucks in like 3 hours !!??

Dunny
11-16-2004, 05:39 AM
im going to sydney sideshow and bdo.

minton, as much as its been said before, im gonna say it again -you have one of the sweetest jobs in the world.

Rancid_Beasties
11-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I'll be backstage.

Lucky barstard :D

hitmonlee
11-16-2004, 10:12 PM
perth bdo !

laydee
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
im going to the melbourne bdo and festival hall. I think i read this wrong but did someone say that you hve to be over 18 to get into the mosh pit at the bdo?

hellojello
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
im going to the melbourne bdo and festival hall. I think i read this wrong but did someone say that you hve to be over 18 to get into the mosh pit at the bdo?
i think you have to be over 18 to get into the General admission (floor) at festival hall but @ the bdo? no

FooBoy
11-18-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm going to the Sydney sideshow.

zorra_chiflada
11-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm going to the Sydney sideshow.

woo! see you there! :p

laydee
11-19-2004, 02:57 AM
i think you have to be over 18 to get into the General admission (floor) at festival hall but

no you dont have to be 18 to get into gen admission coz i always get in there its only the areas where they sell beer and stuff, and i think if you go upstairs towards the toilets you can get on the top level where its over 18's and no one can notice you

kezz
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
im going to the sydney bdo and the sideshow. still contemplating the goldcoast bdo... but finances will be tight as i've just committed myself to go skydiving? :confused: not sure how i got into that one...

Dunny
11-21-2004, 03:16 AM
are the australian shows going to be under the "pageant" theme?

zorra_chiflada
11-21-2004, 06:48 AM
are the australian shows going to be under the "pageant" theme?

i think so. i don't see any reason why not.

beatnick
11-23-2004, 01:48 AM
got BDO tix this morning to add to my hordern sideshow tix :) now I can see the bboys twice (y)

PS. they say the sydney big day out WILL SELL OUT THIS WEEK and the only tickets left are via Ticketmaster7
PPS. even if the poster doesn't say 'pageant' I'm sure they still want everyone to dress up. I know I will... If I can think of something that is..

Rancid_Beasties
11-23-2004, 03:39 AM
no you dont have to be 18 to get into gen admission coz i always get in there its only the areas where they sell beer and stuff, and i think if you go upstairs towards the toilets you can get on the top level where its over 18's and no one can notice you

Trust me, its overage only on the floor, unless you sneak in. And i know what you are saying, last concert i went to at festival hall was the offspring and it was all ages except the bars. But this one specifically has it listed that its overage only on the floor, and you need ID.

Mcmac
11-23-2004, 06:04 AM
that gay me sneek in :D

Pres Zount
11-23-2004, 06:55 AM

Indeed!

Rancid_Beasties
11-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Thats what i'd do if hadn't just turned 18.......no way would i sit in those seats!!! At the offspring there was a massive pit and crazy punk rockers and freaky teenagers jumpin and everybody like partying on the floor. In the stands was a bunch of old farts with 10 year old kids. You gotta be on the floor :D, even if the beasties music doesnt really promote mosh pits and stuff.

zorra_chiflada
11-23-2004, 07:15 AM
Thats what i'd do if hadn't just turned 18.......no way would i sit in those seats!!! At the offspring there was a massive pit and crazy punk rockers and freaky teenagers jumpin and everybody like partying on the floor. In the stands was a bunch of old farts with 10 year old kids. You gotta be on the floor :D, even if the beasties music doesnt really promote mosh pits and stuff.

i reckon there will be a few old farts at the beasties.

Rancid_Beasties
11-23-2004, 07:22 AM
i reckon there will be a few old farts at the beasties.
No I mean 50-70 year old grandparents were there, not just people who were under 30 in 1987 or whatever, and therefore like max 45 now. And the audience will be old for the beasties, but the generation that will be there will largely be from 16-35 methinks :D

beatnick
11-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Sydney BDO has sold out in record time (http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php?NewsId=14)

Documad
11-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Sydney BDO has sold out in record time (http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php?NewsId=14)
And the tickets sure are spendy on EBay! Is BDO worth it?

And how big is Festival Hall? Will Beasties be too tired from all the BDO activities by then?

beatnick
11-27-2004, 03:00 AM
And the tickets sure are spendy on EBay! Is BDO worth it?

And how big is Festival Hall? Will Beasties be too tired from all the BDO activities by then?
I doubt they will be 'too tired'.. heck they'll have the whole north american, european and japanese tours behind them by then. I doubt a few BDO shows will wear them out..

and going on previous years I wouldnt bother with the excessive prices on ebay. you can usually find someone outside on the day selling for face value..

minton
11-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Festival Hall holds more than 5000, so it's large enough for a sideshow.

As for them being too tired - no way. You'll see the best shows here. :cool:

beatnick
11-27-2004, 09:11 PM
You'll see the best shows here. :cool:
:cool:

Documad
11-28-2004, 02:59 AM
going on previous years I wouldnt bother with the excessive prices on ebay. you can usually find someone outside on the day selling for face value..

You'll see the best shows here. :cool:
I have wanted to go to Australia for years, but there's always some place cheaper and easier to get to. Then the Beastie sideshows were added, and it suddenly looks like there's this window where I can actually get away from my job at exactly the right time, and I started thinking it was meant to be (even if it is the most expensive time of year). Plus it's snowing right now and I want to leave Minnesota in Jan/Feb. I'll probably be locking it all down on Monday (after talking to my boss), and I'm planning on seeing other touristy stuff, so it's not like I'm going JUST for the Beasties! The problem, you see, is that I can't tell anyone (not even close friends) that the Beasties have anything to do with this because they were already discussing an intervention.

If I book the tickets that work best with my schedule, I'll be in Sydney for BDO, and I'm thinking I'll want to be sure to have a ticket--even though I know you're right. And I think I'll be in Melbourne for the sideshow. I can't imagine how fun it would be to see them in a smaller venue!

zorra_chiflada
11-28-2004, 04:23 AM
hey, i have a question.
since me and the pres are flying in from tassie, we are gonna need accommodation. are there any youth hostels or cheap motels anywhere near the venues? i would appreciate any help with this because i am completely hopeless. :o

minton
11-28-2004, 05:52 AM
hey, i have a question.
since me and the pres are flying in from tassie, we are gonna need accommodation. are there any youth hostels or cheap motels anywhere near the venues? i would appreciate any help with this because i am completely hopeless. :o

Check out Wotif (http://www.wotif.com) for accomodation around Australia. I'll be using that to work out where I'll be on the Australian leg of the tour, so you know it's good.

zorra_chiflada
11-28-2004, 05:59 AM
thanks minton!

Mcmac
12-01-2004, 04:27 AM
I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS YESTERDAY FOR THE MELBOURNE SHOW!!!

andyone else bought tickets for that show??

Kid Presentable
12-01-2004, 08:38 AM
I have wanted to go to Australia for years, but there's always some place cheaper and easier to get to. Then the Beastie sideshows were added, and it suddenly looks like there's this window where I can actually get away from my job at exactly the right time, and I started thinking it was meant to be (even if it is the most expensive time of year). Plus it's snowing right now and I want to leave Minnesota in Jan/Feb. I'll probably be locking it all down on Monday (after talking to my boss), and I'm planning on seeing other touristy stuff, so it's not like I'm going JUST for the Beasties! The problem, you see, is that I can't tell anyone (not even close friends) that the Beasties have anything to do with this because they were already discussing an intervention.

If I book the tickets that work best with my schedule, I'll be in Sydney for BDO, and I'm thinking I'll want to be sure to have a ticket--even though I know you're right. And I think I'll be in Melbourne for the sideshow. I can't imagine how fun it would be to see them in a smaller venue!
Do it, we live fuckin good down here..
And yeah, I got my ticket for BDO and time off work all teed up... :D

Documad
12-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Thanks a lot for the encouragement! I've been working hard to make this happen and I still haven't told my friends. I have to spend the money I was saving to rewire my house. It's almost a lock at this point because I have all the tickets on hold but I'm still trying for better airfare.

I'm going to be in Melbourne and I have a ticket for Festival Hall. I'm going to be in Sydney for BDO so I'll be wanting a ticket for that. (I'm also doing some touristy stuff like the Great Barrier Reef.) I still can't imagine how I'll survive the flight.

I still have a lot to study up on, but I was so excited when I looked at average temperatures in Jan/Feb.

Oh, and my boss was TOTALLY supportive because he loves to travel and he said I should do it before I'm his age.

beatnick
12-02-2004, 04:16 AM
^ Do it. You'll have a ball and I'm sure you won't regret it!

On another note, there's a rumour doing the rounds that the Chemical Brothers will close the main stage (not the boiler room) in sydney right after the Beastie Boys. Minton, do you have any way of knowing if this is true or not? It kind of makes sense for them to play the main stage cause the boiler room isn't big enough (and I'd love to see them as well as the BBoys), but closing the show? not sure about that

minton
12-02-2004, 07:49 AM
^ Do it. You'll have a ball and I'm sure you won't regret it!

On another note, there's a rumour doing the rounds that the Chemical Brothers will close the main stage (not the boiler room) in sydney right after the Beastie Boys. Minton, do you have any way of knowing if this is true or not? It kind of makes sense for them to play the main stage cause the boiler room isn't big enough (and I'd love to see them as well as the BBoys), but closing the show? not sure about that

I'm not sure about how the line-up will go just yet. We'll have to wait and see.

I WANT SOME
12-02-2004, 10:38 AM
THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!

even after seeing them 6times all over aus... I have the absolute pleasure of going to see them in Glasgow on satday nite... and this aussie is sooo damn excited im about to cum in my pants! (although there is a 'dress to impress' stamp - so be interesting to see what everyone comes in!

Big Day Out - what a line up!! Can't believe I am guna miss another one!

But I will tell you - seen Chemical Bros in Dublin @ OXYGEN festival and it was unbelievable – ‘PRIVATE PSYCHEDILIC REEL’ the earth actually moved!!

Humiliation
12-04-2004, 05:42 AM
What's on in australia and how much?

Mcmac
12-05-2004, 01:10 AM
go away

zorra_chiflada
12-05-2004, 04:49 AM
go away
you talkin' to me?

if so, that's not very nice. :(