PDA

View Full Version : French Fries

happy.ness
11-15-2004, 09:33 AM
How do you get some tasty French Fries? ;)

Whois
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Make them yourself...

I like yamfries and sweet potato fries...

jabumbo
11-15-2004, 02:35 PM
i wont eat yams/sweet potatoes unless they are deep fried in fry or chip form. and even then, my intake is limited...but they are tasty

but basically all you do is cut your tater and fry in grease

ms.peachy
11-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I've found that a quick blanching of the potato strips before frying works best. Cut the potatoes into fries, then plunge them into a pot of boiling water. Let it return to the boil, then drain thoroughly, Then, into the hot fat they go. Doing it this way, the outsides are nice and crispy, but the inside is soft and kindy fluffy-like.

ps fat fried chips always taste better than oil fried chips. Sorry, vegetarians, but it's true. Deal with it.

Whois
11-15-2004, 04:34 PM
ps fat fried chips always taste better than (veggie) oil fried chips. Sorry, vegetarians, but it's true. Deal with it.

(y)

brendan
11-17-2004, 06:01 PM
don't you mean "freedom" fries??? "french" fries make baby jesus cry...

Whois
11-17-2004, 06:22 PM

I'm sorry Jesus...

Can we have Freedom Gel on our fries?

paulk
11-17-2004, 09:53 PM

Thank you for ruining a perfectly good thread.

amajune
11-18-2004, 04:10 PM

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub an potato and slice thinly. Spray a baking sheet (I always cover mine with foil for easy clean-up) with cooking spray (like PAM) and place slices evenly on it. Spray tops with pam and sprinke with salt or seasoned salt. Bake for 25 minutes, turning slices over and reseasoning after 15 minutes for best results. This recipe also works with a toaster oven. Heating times vary by the thickness of the slices, so check them frequently.

Note: My grandma brushes hers with eggwhite instead of pam to make them crispy and fat-free.

Note 2: For every ten seconds you open the oven door to check on something it takes approximately three additional minutes for the oven to get back up to temp. So, use your flash light if the oven light doesn't work.

beastiegirrl101
11-18-2004, 04:12 PM
has anyone seen Super Size me? Well on the special features there is a french fry segment...watch it and you will never eat McD's fries again. ;)

dublirie04
11-18-2004, 04:14 PM
chop the taters, put them on a cooking sheet, douse them im oil and mad seasonings and bake them for 45 minutes...you can even put fresh garlic on them for added flavor. Enjoy! :D (y) ;)

happy.ness
11-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Thank you for ruining a perfectly good thread.
;) French freedom fries!!!

Farrah
11-25-2004, 02:19 AM
buy a bag of french fries from the store, sprinkle some salt on them and bake them.

sXe Boogaloo
11-29-2004, 10:23 PM
i use a deep frier. but a stock pot with oil works just as well. you will need a candy thermometer too if you choose this method of cooking.
oh and hey, baked fries are yummy too.
just do a net search online for some cool recipes.

beastie_dee
12-01-2004, 07:35 PM
poutine (y)