PDA

View Full Version : MSG vs. Nassau

Jay_V
11-15-2004, 10:08 PM
I was out both shows and both were amazing. My friend and I though are disagreeing on what was a better show. I think MSG was better mainly because of the crowd. It was a straight up party crowd and non violent for the most part. Nassau was tight but overall i give the nod to MSG.

Extra Cheese
11-16-2004, 08:01 AM
theres no doubt about this one. the garden completely blew away L.I. the garden show and crowd were too good for words.

of course i didnt go to the nassau show, i havent even read the reviews about. i went to the garden show and i'm being partial, biased, and moronic.

kedar25
11-16-2004, 08:44 AM
I was at both shows, both were awesome, but the crowd and energy at MSG was better.

still ill
11-16-2004, 10:16 AM
I was about both shows. I have to give the nod to MSG just for that fact that the nassau coliseum sucks. It is a bitch to get there and they ran out of beer. But both performances were on point. Opening with no sleep to brooklyn at nassau was epic. I have seen th boys many ,many times. The last time they played that song was 1994-95 ill communcation tour as an encore

pm0ney
11-16-2004, 12:25 PM
All in all, both shows were great, but the sound at MSG just destroys the sound at the Coliseum. And I'm even biased to the Coliseum cuz that was THE stadium for me growing up as a Long Island kid. Not only that, but since the Coliseum wasn't sold out, and MSG was...the MSG was MUCH better. There was a kid next to me at Nassau who kept saying "I wish I was on acid!" It was pretty funny.

But yeah, MSG > Nassau Coliseum.

skinnee soldier
11-16-2004, 02:35 PM
I was at both shows but I was in the stands at MSG and on the floor at Nassau. The MSG crowd was going berzerk. I have never seen that much energy on the floor of a concert in my life. So I say the crowd at MSG was better. However, the setlist was better at Nassau and they were a little tighter at Nassau. MMM didnt throw them off at all until MCA had to wait a measure and restart his last line of So Watcha Want. They fucked up a couple times at MSG.

I wish you could take the MSG crowd and the Nassau setlist and combine the two.

I call this one a draw.

guyute88
11-16-2004, 03:06 PM
hey blew the roof off nassau with sabotage. I've seen some of the alot of sick shows, some of the loudest bands in the world... I've never seen anyone play a tune so loud and so mean but still nail it.
Worked the camera at msg so can't make a fair reveiw, but it felt like nassau smoked msg.

yankeefan21
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
performance, the beasties were better at nassau. they had more energy. plus no sleep and eggman. and crazy bass. wow.

james146134
11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
msg is just a better place for shows. i had floor ga tickets too both shows and was able to get right up close and personal to Mike d during intergalatic at l.i.Msg is just one of if not the best places to see a show. the crowds for show at the garden are the best crowds in the world.

AdRoxGirlie
11-21-2004, 01:42 AM
was at both shows- 100's @ msg and as close as humanly possible in GA at Nassau...crowd wasnt as good at Nassau but holy shit the guys were amazing at Nassau! I honestly couldnt believe my ears when they started playing no sleep till brooklyn! I think that since MSG was recorded for the DVD it was a little more set- this was the last us show and they were def. going all out. I gave MCA pounds..best night ever. Its funny b.c I had tix to the rhyme and reason tour (got cancelled-i NEVER got over it) and I was starting to think I would never get to see the BBoys live- seeing them twice in a month and as close as I did was truley a dream come true. Thank you Beasties for playing your hearts out at Nassau!

scrabble
11-21-2004, 05:28 PM
I honestly can't decide between the two. But I think I mit have to jump on the bandwagon with this one and say that the nassau setlist was better then msg but the energy of all those new yorkers at the garden was incredible.