PDA

View Full Version : What to wear?

LC_UK
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi all

I am a relatively new fan from the UK and I'm off to my first Beastie Boys concert on Dec 7th and have no idea what to wear - the posters say it is a no sneaker jam and dress to impress!! Please help me!! :confused: :D

beastiegirrl101
11-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Check out the pagent thread...it has some pics of people and what they wore. Dress to impress.... ;)

rosita
11-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Just be yourself but wear a batgirl-costume :) Can't go wrong!!

LC_UK
11-19-2004, 11:57 AM
hmmmm no bat girl sounds interesting..... ;)

dublirie04
11-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Most Definately pick a fine outfit...make sure you can move in it though cause I guarentee you will be dancin your socks off. Something colorful and represent yourself well. I have been to many b-boy concerts and I change it up. The last on I wore jeans, boots, tank top with sweater and baseball cap. The one before that, tight jeans, cablenit sweater, and heals...the one before that, same outfit...before that, mixmaster mike t-shirt, baggy shorts and puma shoes and for everyone I always have my purple sunglasses. I have had my hair done up different everytime too...some times pig tails, some times braids. For a guy I would suggest tie with something funky and for a lady I would suggest dress/skirt with fancy shoes. One last suggestion, remember it is a concert so make sure it is something that you could stand to have possibly spilled on. (some people get drunk and do shit like that)
Have fun and once you get some ideas, post them. Much Respect, DUBLIRIE :D :rolleyes: :D

LC_UK
11-19-2004, 12:05 PM
(y) cool.... i'm thinking baggie jeans, swear trainers n a furry jumper that resembles something between chewbacca, a bear n a gorilla - well according to my friends anyway. Then find summit funky for my hair - possibly hit camden b4 hand for summit

dublirie04
11-19-2004, 12:08 PM
(y) cool.... i'm thinking baggie jeans, swear trainers n a furry jumper that resembles something between chewbacca, a bear n a gorilla - well according to my friends anyway. Then find summit funky for my hair - possibly hit camden b4 hand for summit
That works, sounds funky and hella unique!! :D (y) ;)

LC_UK
11-19-2004, 12:10 PM
just gotta find summit funky for my mate to wear that he can get away with during the day as he works for a huge firm of lawyers :rolleyes:

dublirie04
11-19-2004, 12:12 PM
just gotta find summit funky for my mate to wear that he can get away with during the day as he works for a huge firm of lawyers :rolleyes:
suit and tie but tell him to bring some funky shoes and a change of hat..I think it is a good look when a fella has the tie sort of undone and the shirt out of the pants but with the coat still in effect. :D

LC_UK
11-19-2004, 12:14 PM
sounds good - he'll look even hotter then ;)
cheers for ya help :D

dublirie04
11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
sounds good - he'll look even hotter then ;)
cheers for ya help :D
Anytime! :D :D ;) (!)

MuttertagFive
11-20-2004, 08:21 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

are you serious?

that whole thread is a joke, isn't it?

ILLMIX
11-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm wearing this: my atire (http://66.235.160.90/img.php?loc=loc1/&image=e3421_DSCN0230.JPG)

Blue Nun
11-20-2004, 11:23 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

are you serious?

that whole thread is a joke, isn't it?The Pageant thread? Not a joke at all. Those in the know are dressed to impress.

Beckalina
11-20-2004, 04:01 PM

tell him to dress as a judge
impressive and practical :)

timmie
11-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Im still thinking on what to wear! i think the sasquatch outfit maybe a little warm!!!!...Im am thinking though of going as how Mike D dressed in the 80's with the pork-pie hat, vw badge....ewings and a denim jacket!!!

tomsanderson86
11-21-2004, 05:01 AM
I'm really not sure what to wear yet to be honest. I don't think they've advertised the fact you have to be dressed up in the UK as well as they could have. I think a lot of people are not going to dresed up simply because they don't know....

beastiegirl
11-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Was in London this weekend and noticed quite a few polos and golfs with their badges missing, so i'm assuming a few people at the wembley gig will be going for the retro mike d look

timmie
11-23-2004, 03:32 PM
lol....I have gone past the stage of getting those vw badges....so Im thinking of hiring someone!!!!..... :eek:

JustXCallum
11-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Nike Dunk Low Tops
Baggy Jeans pref. Ralph Lauren
Gorilla Biscuits Tshirt
Old School Long Peek Cap.

Word.

paul jones
11-28-2004, 07:31 PM
I might go as a tree

cotley
11-29-2004, 05:26 AM
me and my mates currently debating our attire.

quite likely dinner jackets with trainers.
altho we would be sweating like a fat lass in a chip shop.

perhaps white boiler suits/intergalactic stylee, but then we'd probably get killed in neasden on the way...

the more effort you make, the funnier it will be. getting ridiculously excited about this gig.

(oh, and aviators in full effect)

timmie
11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
As the gig will be close to xmas, I might go as a xmas cracker!! :D

sarah.paul
11-29-2004, 01:59 PM
if anyone is looking for a vw plate visit ebay they have loads the cheapest 1 i found is £7.99 but its worth it u can keep it as a little keep sake

camel_ben
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
i'm not really dressing up very much: t-shirt + basketball shirt, some jeans, crap shoes for the occasion (i want to some bad ass nikes but i cant afford any)

god its gonna be cold out side:D

scottishboys
11-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Guy goes into the doctors wearing see thru shorts.
Doctor says that he can clearly see his nuts !

I think I'll waer my camouflage trousers to the Manchester gig..................
.........thing is I can't find them anywhere !