PDA

View Full Version : Bush Challenges NASA to Put Man on Sun by End of Decade

infidel
11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
WASHINGTON D.C. - At a recent visit to the NASA facilities in Cape Canaveral, Florida, President Bush expressed hope U.S. astronauts would be able to land a man safely on the sun within 10 years.

“One of our earlier Presidents set the goal of landing a man on the moon and that certainly sounded remarkable at the time. I see no reason why we couldn’t eventually get a man to walk on the sun without injury," Bush said.

http://www.bobfromaccounting.com/3_11_02/bushputsmanonsun.html

Isn't it sort of hot there?

Rosie Cotton
11-23-2004, 05:49 PM
"I envision a day, where we will no longer risk blindness by staring into the sun," Bush said. "Where, during a particularly hot summer, we might be able to turn a knob like on the thermostat which would draw a gigantic shade and give us all temporary relief. I realize this sounds like science fiction, but that’s what we said when we first started watching Star Trek."

Yeah, someone needs to remind him that Star Trek is still sci-fi. And that he is still a dumb-ass.

infidel
11-23-2004, 05:54 PM
"The only way to unlock the sun's mysteries is to have our astronauts do a lunar landing on its surface," said Bush. "Then, they can collect all of the astrological information we need. With this information we might one day find a way to cool off the sun and put an end to global warming."

Bush also feels it would be best to go there at night when it's not so hot.

CSAR
11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
The Sun?!?!?!? Has he completely lost touch with reality??? Mars sure, but the Sun?? I would hate to be those poor astronauts ;). Maybe Bush should join Nasa, and be the first man to fry on the sun?? Let's see "one small roasty step for Bush, one giant of ball of flame for mankind". How are they going to put the US flag there?? haha, what a nut!! ;)

Ace42
11-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope no-one thinks this is serious.

Rosie Cotton
11-23-2004, 06:16 PM
I hope no-one thinks this is serious.

Bush is stupid enough. I seriously wouldn't put it past him to say something like this.

Rosie Cotton
11-24-2004, 12:42 AM
True, i mean look at the website they got it from. I mean wouldn't it hav been in the Time or some other big magazine/newspaper if it was really true?

Yeah, I hope no one here actually believes he said it. Though I really wouldn't put it past the man to suggest a manned solar expedition.

drobertson420
11-24-2004, 06:35 AM
"The only way to unlock the sun's mysteries is to have our astronauts do a lunar landing on its surface," said Bush.

Hmmmm...Lunar Landing....On The Sun.......Interesting.

drobertson420
11-24-2004, 07:18 AM
Yes, there is...and bring your Super-Big Gulps, boys, cuz it's gonna be hot!