poist
11-24-2004, 05:52 PM
This man is a genius. Discuss...

Lindsey_1535
11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
The naked chief!! :D

ASHLEY
11-24-2004, 06:50 PM
I am sooooooooo in love with him, desperately waiting to actually see him cook naked. :o

Farrah
11-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Hes weird

Gareth
11-25-2004, 12:12 AM
nigella > jamie oliver

HEIRESS
11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
YEAHHHH

she has a nice busom

Johanna
11-25-2004, 01:22 AM
he bugs me (n)

adrockmelanie
11-25-2004, 01:41 AM
i don't know who this is.

blah.

Farrah
11-25-2004, 02:17 AM
i don't know who this is.

blah.

He is some british dude, who is wierd and has a cooking show.

Gareth
11-25-2004, 02:44 AM
YEAHHHH

she has a nice busom

yeh (http://www.nigella.com/uploads/jpeg/asset_399_hl.jpg)...she seems like a nice lady. i think shes about 40. marmite s (http://www.nigella.com/uploads/jpeg/asset_398_hl.jpg)andwiches for life.

edit: jamie oliver's dinner parties are too fake...shit makes me cringe. he's probably a good guy but isnt up there with tony bourdain or nigella.

discopants
11-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Mockney cocksucker.

TMcG
11-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Has anyone read 'Kitchen Confidential' by Bourdain? What a funny read...

(I swore off seafood after reading it so be warned!)

riseupman
11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Rachael Ray can cook her butt off!

bgirl1929
11-25-2004, 12:29 PM
^^Rachel is the best

ms.peachy
11-25-2004, 05:25 PM
This man is a genius. Discuss...
I don't know about a 'genius', but he is quite good. I haven't actually watched his show all that much, but I have his cookbooks and I am generally pretty impressed - good recipes that are easy to follow, with clear instructions that inspire confidence. There's this one recipe for orichette (sp?) pasta, broccoli and garlic that is dead simple but sooo good, it's become a regular-rotation item in our household. Also, the line of cookware he promotes (available at John Lewis) is good quality and good value for money too.

I am looking forward to the results of his project on improving school lunches as well; I think it is high time.

ms.peachy
11-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Care to share the recipe?

sure thing, will do, but not right now as I don't feel like going downstairs and getting the cookbook.

jabumbo
11-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Rachael Ray can cook her butt off!

her and her garbage bowl...

and nigella = hottness

Gareth
11-27-2004, 05:37 PM
yeh tony bourdain is king of tv chefs.

adam_f
11-27-2004, 05:39 PM
I like when Al Roker has something on the Food Network. I wish he was my neighbor.

Lindsey_1535
11-27-2004, 05:49 PM
her and her garbage bowl....
haha oh man that fucking garbage bowl is really starting to piss me off

nigelbose
11-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Anyone, and I repeat, anyone who thinks Jamie Oliver has any redeeming qualities as a chef needs a swift kick in the ass. And don't even get me started on that Racheal Ray

ms.peachy
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Anyone, and I repeat, anyone who thinks Jamie Oliver has any redeeming qualities as a chef needs a swift kick in the ass. And don't even get me started on that Racheal Ray

Well, as I have said, I do believe that he does. He's not the most innovative bloke to have ever crushed garlic, but he has solid skills and his recipes are reliable, approachable, and he knows every part of the business. So, come and get me, tough guy.

Who is this Rachel person?

Lindsey_1535
11-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Racheal Ray has two shows on the foodNetwork, one is 30 min meals and the other is $40 a day.
30 min meals is pretty gay, shes so happy and has this fucking garbage bowl that is really annoying, the recipes arn't that bad but I just don't like it as a show.
$40 a day, she goes around to different places in teh world(most US) and she eats at differnt places and can only spend $40 a day on food and drink. Not bad I guess if you travel a lot.

Shes just an annoying person is general

amajune
11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Racheal Ray has two shows on the foodNetwork, one is 30 min meals and the other is $40 a day.
30 min meals is pretty gay, shes so happy and has this fucking garbage bowl that is really annoying, the recipes arn't that bad but I just don't like it as a show.
$40 a day, she goes around to different places in teh world(most US) and she eats at differnt places and can only spend $40 a day on food and drink. Not bad I guess if you travel a lot.

Shes just an annoying person is general
I agree! The nervous giggling drives me nuts. Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) does the same thing. And Jamie Oliver has hideous teeth. He must be English. Tony Bourdain is the man, in my opinion. Even if the food is sometimes gross.

gratitude
11-29-2004, 05:49 PM
you're all wrong. bobby flay is king!

boy meets grill is where it's at. (y) though i don't know what happened to that show. :(

besides being overly annoying, rachel ray can't cook. oooh... grilled cheese sandwhiches, like i need a recipe for that.

sXe Boogaloo
11-29-2004, 09:46 PM
you kiddin'?!! jamie oliver rocks! (http://www.jamieoliver.com/)
his vegetarian recipes are wild and i have a handful of his cookware line too.
but i must say that man does use quite a lot of olive oil, red chilies and garlic. but it's all good.
cuz hey, any man that can cook and play an instrument (he plays the drums) is cool in my book. ::lol

i-ight ya'll
peace!

Lindsey_1535
11-30-2004, 08:36 AM
you're all wrong. bobby flay is king!

boy meets grill is where it's at. (y) though i don't know what happened to that show. :(

besides being overly annoying, rachel ray can't cook. oooh... grilled cheese sandwhiches, like i need a recipe for that.

I hate that bobby flay guy so much, obviously you didn't see when he was on iron chef and he lost and he sulked and whined, he demanded a re-match and he won that time(surprise surprise) and he threw the cutting board of the counter and stood on the counter...it was so disrespectful of him

JBernas
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM

Chief of what....police? :)

brendan
11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
speaking as a pro chef...i like him. tony b is good as well.

gratitude
11-30-2004, 02:38 PM
I hate that bobby flay guy so much, obviously you didn't see when he was on iron chef and he lost and he sulked and whined, he demanded a re-match and he won that time(surprise surprise) and he threw the cutting board of the counter and stood on the counter...it was so disrespectful of himno, i didn't catch that episode. wow that doesn't sound like him at all. the iron chef always wins on that show anyway even if the other guy is better. maybe he was somewhat justified. but jumping on the counter is just crazy. all i know is that boy + his grill = delicious.

i like it when the naked chef rides his scooter.

Lindsey_1535
11-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Ya I can't spell and I was real excited about this being a Jamie Oliver thread...my bad :o

jennyb
11-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I love him! Quite a charming fellow. (y)

I cannot stand to watch that Nigella chick though. Too many sloppy food noises for me to stomach. Makes me wanna barf! (n)

alexandra
12-01-2004, 11:48 AM
i hate him with all my heart. he annoys the hell out of me. but his skills....now that's another thing.

FloorK
12-02-2004, 10:53 AM
My mother bought his book with recipes. But we never use it. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......... I think he is such a succes because he was the first good looking chef on tv. Otherwise you always see these ugly old women telling you how to cook.

mp-seventythree
12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I know a few people who were at college with Jamie oliver, and he is a seriously talented chef. And he remortgaged his house to help set up a charity which helps troubled young people get decent jobs as chefs - they train them, and when they're ready, the help them get work. That's pretty decent if you ask me, to all the people talking shit about Jamie, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about....and to the guy who cale dhim a mockney wanker or whatever it is, give the guy a break...he's from Maldon in Essex, Essex people generally sound like Londoners anyway, just like people from Manchester sound like the Gallaghers.

jabumbo
12-02-2004, 07:37 PM
i dont klike bobby flay

IRON CHEF is the king of all cooking shows though...best show ever

adam_f
12-02-2004, 08:03 PM
For once punkass, we agree on something.

IRON CHEF does in fact kick every other cooking show's ass.

jabumbo
12-02-2004, 08:46 PM
For once punkass, we agree on something.

IRON CHEF does in fact kick every other cooking show's ass.

good to see your starting to learn some things as you grow older

adam_f
12-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by jabumbo
good to see your starting to learn some things as you grow older

This is odd. Usually we'd be insulting each other. Is it possible that we've each grown up enough to just get along without the smartass remarks?

I'm saying doubt it.

Tompz
12-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Jamie Oliver is fool. He can't talk and loves himself. I wish Mr T would kick his butt.

mp-seventythree
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
I do agree that his tongue seems to be too big for his mouth.

HEIRESS
12-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Id totally bone David Rocco and Tyler Florence

Rock
12-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Tyler taught me how to make perfect chicken kiev.

Jaime Oliver is (y) in my book. His recipes are usually easy, creative, turn out well, and a lot of times can be made with whatever I have at my house so I don't have to go out for ingredients...that is always good.

Lindsey_1535
12-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Tyler Florence makes me laugh for no reason
I love to watch the cooking channel

HEIRESS
12-06-2004, 08:50 PM
If i am somewhere that has cable (which I dont) the first channel I head to is the Food Network

hellojello
12-06-2004, 09:01 PM
one of my goodfriends once admitted 2 me she had a crush on jeff janz :eek:

Gareth
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
oh man...jeff janz? him and his boofy hair [maybe he's changed it, i dunno...i havent seen him on tv for a few years]

Leonie
01-28-2005, 02:42 PM
He makes me wanna jump in the television and steal the meal :D .. we have his recipe book but it's english so it's a bit hard to make the meals so we don't use it that much..

discopants
01-31-2005, 04:04 AM
Those fucking Sainsbury adverts are too much. Not as bad as the KFC ones, but bad.

Brooklyn Babe
02-06-2005, 09:09 PM
anyone else disapointed that he did'nt actually do that show naked?

he is a excellent chef and a cutie and has a great accent.

Brooklyn Babe
02-06-2005, 09:09 PM
lol. i was thinking that too after i saw the typo.

Licorice Donut
02-07-2005, 03:26 PM
What about Giada De Laurentiis?

I think it's hard to compare some of these cooking shows because the purpose of them vary so much, and that dictates what they are making and how complex it is. Like Rachel Ray's show and her style are intended to not be intimidating or complex, regardless of how good a cook she actually is, her show is more about having a cute girl with energy talking about simple cheap things for the average person while Jamie Oliver is a little more complicated, still for a young crowd, and women like Nigella and Ina appeal more to the older women with families and entertaining to do. With a TV show it's all about style and looks and what demograohic they appeal to, so it almost doesn't even matter what they're making.

Licorice Donut
02-07-2005, 03:27 PM

he is a cutie and has a great accent.

ahh yuck! :D (n)

beastiegirrl101
02-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Is this the guy that cooks in is coat?

if so he cooked the lamb last night in goose fat...yuk.

discopants
02-08-2005, 03:54 AM

he is a excellent chef and a cutie and has a great accent.

I'd like to point out that cockneys don't really talk like Don Cheadle in Oceans 11 and people from Manchester def. don't talk like that woman from Frasier.

P.S. Jamie Oliver is still a cocksucker.

jabumbo
02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
you people are harsh on your TV chefs!

Licorice Donut
02-10-2005, 09:31 AM
you people are harsh on your TV chefs!

I don't think we should lower our standards. If we do, then any pan-faced spatula jokey with a sponsor will be pushing their sub-par level slop onto our airwaves and then what will happen? If we let that happen then our whole standard of decent eating will go down the tubes, with all the reverence for the ritual of cooking and eating. And really, what's more revealing of, and important to a culture than its food? People identify with food, find comfort in food. It is the most basic human instinct act, to eat, to sustain oneself and others and to want to enjoy the sensual pleasures of eating. Without food we are dead. Without good food, we're not truly alive.

discopants
02-17-2005, 03:45 AM
The fat tongue twats got a new programme on soon.