PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question.

SpuffyRJ
11-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Say you have pic of the Beastie Boys but not all are there. Par example this pic:

It's from that Kroq fest. So where shall I put it?

http://images.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_171223252/xl

Thanks,

~SpuffyRJ

jennygirl9999
11-24-2004, 09:04 PM
don't ask me :eek:

SpuffyRJ
11-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Shall I put it in both?

Start a Beastie Boys live Thread and post it in the TT5B group thread?

SpuffyRJ
11-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Nah I disagree. I think there should be a general live thread from the concerts from all times. Like unless your're lookin for a specific pic from an era I don't think it'll be that bad. Besides If you're lookin for a specific pic they'll be in "TT5B Group" right? Maybe we can post them in both places?

But Your the boss on here. (Not meant in a comtemptuous way)

SpuffyRJ
11-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Cool then I'll start a General Beastie Boys Live Thread and you can start them seperate. =)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
11-28-2004, 09:17 PM
But you're right about that middle part.
ditto (y)

(aka ZING! :p )

SpuffyRJ
11-29-2004, 04:16 PM
A Live thread is a good idea as long as people attempt to indicate when and where the photos were taken. You gotta remember that the Beastie Boys are a band :D and 90% of the photos that exist are of them performing live. A Live thread has the potential of turning into a long one like the old pics thread, which I thought the majority agreed was cumbersome because of its length.

I think to separate the photos by album was the best way to organize them. It's logical to me.

That's why I was thinking we do both. And Yeah I'll try my best and I dunno make a note on the thread so that others try their best to state where the pic came from.

Edit: Ok so the ringleaders on this thread are Wints Miramanee and Razorblade Kiss. So guys your opinion highly counts. So lets make it official. Do we all agree on this.. I'll start and "Official Beastie Boys Live Thread" where I'll post that you MUST post at least the era of the concert. Apart from that you should do your best to state the venue the date and the tour, concert, festival, ect. I think it would be a good idea if we have both a general thread and one that's broken up by eras like the majority of this board. I don't see the harm in that. If all agree on this Razorblade said that I'm supposed to get the heads up from minton if I wanna post a major thread so I'll do that and we can all live happily ever after. :).

Lol.. wow I can't believe I'm taking this all so businesslike and serious :rolleyes:

SpuffyRJ
11-30-2004, 03:17 PM
My honest feeling is that it doesn't matter very much. I initially decided that it would be best to organize the threads by album, so that it would be more organized in here. I already have them organized that way on my computer, so I didn't do it for me, I did it for the other members here. But I've received a lot of flack for posting pictures for some reason (although a lot of people have said nice things too) so I'm not sure I can be bothered any more. I don't believe that these decisions should be made by anyone in particular. If the people who use this forum decide that they want pictures reposted in a number of random threads, that's fine.

By the way, I actually pay for the photobucket account that supplies this forum with pictures, but I'm not going to pay for it for an unlimited time period. If there are pictures you want in here, please save them as they will probably eventually disappear.

Your totally right. It is awesome the way you set this up. It's so easy to find a specific pic that I want. And look thru them. You really shouldn't recieve flack cause I love this forum.

See that's why I wanted your guys opinion. Cause I didn't just wanna start it without anything cause I didn't want you to feel like i'm tryin to sabotage your whole forum you know?

Wow you pay for this whole forum? That's really really generous. Or do you mean that you post these pics up in a place where it's not for free?

:( The pictures Forum will be closed? There's no way that it can be kept up? That really sucks. I understand that you won't pay for it forever. I wouldn't either but is there any other way?

P.S. Don't think your underappreciated here. I'm really glad theres someone like you to care this much =)

SpuffyRJ
11-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Ohh I see. Yeah I'll try to contribute a lot more. LOl I know I don't contribute enough. Well.. at least we'll still have the forum right?

Raina
12-03-2004, 11:24 PM
O_O.....I was searching and I found this pic and I had no clue what era it was...I just know it was around the early 90's.....HELP! Look at that hair! I know it was either during Paul's Boutique or Check Your Head....

http://www.geocities.com/beastiepad01/images/source/041.jpg

Documad
12-04-2004, 02:36 AM
I just realized that I had NO IDEA what the Beasties' hair looked like during the CYH era! I threw away my old magazines in one of my many moves over the years. So now, in my head, they are always wearing the stocking caps. Maybe I've just seen the SWW video too many times?

Raina
12-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks wints ^_^