PDA

View Full Version : Which Beastie Do You Think Has The Best Rhymes?

I'mTheMacaroni
11-26-2004, 07:07 PM
I dunno if this belongs in the frequent posts section (I haven't been using this thing often enough to know)

...but, who in your opinion writes the best rhymes? I'm leaning towards Mike D at the moment, but I've always loved Adrock's lines.

jusme1072
11-26-2004, 08:49 PM
let me just say i hate this question, not only because it has been asked a bunch (no offense), but because all three are masters. you would have to go line by line in comparison cause they all have their blow you away lines. i won't pick!

jusme1072
11-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Anyway, it's never been said that they write their own rhymes. They did say that on this album the writing has been pretty democratic, but there's no reason to believe that they write all of the lines you hear them saying (rapping? rhyming? whatever).

good point

Tom®
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
All the beasties are good in their own way.. but put them together and you have a trio of sickness! and lets not forget about mixmaster mike not that he rhymes.. but sick scratchin

I'mTheMacaroni
11-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Yeah, good points everybody...Okay.

jennygirl9999
11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
i agree with imthemacaroni mike d cooks up some good rhymes

Pink & Blue
11-26-2004, 11:50 PM
MCA.

paulb
11-27-2004, 12:04 AM
MCA

Humiliation
11-27-2004, 05:21 AM
let me just say i hate this question, not only because it has been asked a bunch (no offense), but because all three are masters. you would have to go line by line in comparison cause they all have their blow you away lines. i won't pick!
Masters is pushing it. The music? BRILLIANT! rapping? hmm. Not to say they aren't good or anything or that i could do better but they aren't masters

Humiliation
11-27-2004, 05:23 AM
All the beasties are good in their own way.. but put them together and you have a trio of sickness! and lets not forget about mixmaster mike not that he rhymes.. but sick scratchin
Didn't mix master mike ge banned from the dj comps because he kept winning and no one else stood a chance? Or does he still keep winning them?

DeeJayZap
11-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Didn't mix master mike ge banned from the dj comps because he kept winning and no one else stood a chance? Or does he still keep winning them?He won every one he entered so they made him judge.

Van_Gig
11-27-2004, 07:21 AM
I dunno if this belongs in the frequent posts section (I haven't been using this thing often enough to know)

...but, who in your opinion writes the best rhymes? I'm leaning towards Mike D at the moment, but I've always loved Adrock's lines.

they are all individual and such great rhymers . i think only their rhymes together are making good lyrics. it´s hard to say who´s the best ´cause they are all in their own way incredible awesome , i think their individually is making them to such great artists and in the end to the beastie boys

jusme1072
11-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Masters is pushing it. The music? BRILLIANT! rapping? hmm. Not to say they aren't good or anything or that i could do better but they aren't masters

i guess that's a matter of opinion.

Canadasbabydoll
11-27-2004, 05:50 PM
I think Adrock ends up with the best rhymes on most tracks.
Whether or not he wrote those specific lines or just rapped them I'm not sure, but I tend to like his lines the most.
But... most definately all of their rhymes together give the songs their strength, the greatness of a song cannot rest on one great rhyme by one great rhymer.
If Star Wars has taught us anything, it's all about the trilogy. :p

tomsanderson86
11-28-2004, 04:24 AM
That's too tough to call...the reason the b-boys are so good is due to 3 different voices, deliveries, styles etc. etc.

rock on!!

I'mTheMacaroni
11-28-2004, 07:15 PM
That's too tough to call...the reason the b-boys are so good is due to 3 different voices, deliveries, styles etc. etc.

rock on!!

Some voices got treble, some voices got bass, we got the kind of voices that are in your face
;)

MCA126
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
tough call i'd have to say Mike D just about beats MCA but MCA would def win the sexy voice..

still ill
11-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Adrock always sounds the best with the nasal flow..but Mike d has got the best rhymes. On TT5b especially Mike comes through nicely EX: Rhyme the Ryhme Well -Mike d verse was ill . MCA was also dope , Adrock's verse was more comical, but when you analyze his rhymes..... How should I say ...their not so good Al (Happy Days reference). Don't gte me wrong I love The king Adrock though..

Brooklyn Babe
11-29-2004, 09:21 PM
tough call i'd have to say Mike D just about beats MCA but MCA would def win the sexy voice..

Mike D. and ADROCK tie for best rhymes -
but sexiest voice goes to ADROCK
I mean when he says "don't worry I'll take care of ya." or
"Because I've Got The Flow Where I Grab My Dick
And Say Oh My God, That's The Funky Shit
So I'm Going To Pass The Mic And Cause A Panic
The Original Nasal Kid Is Doing Damage."

c'mon nothing sexier than that.
even if Mike D. is the ladies choice and does put the satin in our panties.

but for sweet, down-to-earth, and most audience involvement - the award goes to Yauch - hands down.

I was really impressed with how he walked out into the audience during Paul Revere at the Nassau Colliseum show and was rappin and shakin hands with all the fans - very very cool.

Humiliation
11-30-2004, 02:53 AM
i guess that's a matter of opinion.
Ok then compared to the true masters. :p

Sensei
12-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Stop trying to guess who's better than the other on several stuff ! What's the matter ? It's a BAND, it's not like comparing : Who's the biggest bitch, C Aguilera or B Spears !

i'mcrafty
12-04-2004, 03:10 PM
D!!!!!!!!!

beastie_dee
12-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I could never pick one.

they all rule at that.

FunkyBoss
01-16-2005, 05:09 AM
All three Beasties have their own style and rythum. Its too hard to choose a best MC, but my favourite is probably Mike D.

Beastieluver1
01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
You really cant compare them, they both have so many different styles and shit you just cant it is impossible. and i agree it is matter of opinion. They each have their own parts to play, without them being together, they wouldnt have had much success, seriously, if you imagined only 2 of them together it would suck, their personalities really make The Beasties, The Beasties.

Shnak Z
01-25-2005, 08:47 AM

same here

keef
01-30-2005, 07:05 AM
It is hard to decide, but I'm going to have to go with MCA.

DutchDisaster
02-03-2005, 01:10 AM
In my opinion, they should stick together like forever-glue, it's the three voices together that make this band so awsome. And I guess none of the three could do without the two others.
What got me hooked on the beasties is the way their verses flow into eachother so damn fast and slick, I have never ever heard any other rappers doin this so well.
Same goes for stage performance, cool handshaking MCA along with the ill master d,is so cool because Adrock works out the wacked edge to it.

If I'd have to make a choice it would be Adrock, but hey, He is the King Adrock!

FloorK
02-03-2005, 08:01 AM
In my opinion, they should stick together like forever-glue, it's the three voices together that make this band so awsome. And I guess none of the three could do without the two others.

;) (y) I agree, so I'm not gonna make a decision on this one. :D

adis
02-06-2005, 07:56 AM
First post..

Anyway, my opinion changes too often, whoever's rhymes I'm listening to at the time is my favourite, so point being is they are all too good to pull apart. And yes they ARE masters, cause it's just not about their rhymes, their attitude is part of what makes them so fucking awesome.

edit: never seen a bandmember post as much as mca.. reshpeckt (y)

graditude
02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
i think MCA does

Coomoouck
02-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Does it really matter who has the best rhymes? as long as they have
rhymes to say, i don't think it matters. i don't think the Beasties care who
has the better rhymes. they just have fun makin' them up.

20Questions
06-19-2005, 07:29 PM

I agree about that! (y)

BroomHead
06-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Well a lot of their rhymes, pretty much every rhyme in the first three albums, are rhymes that work off one another's line. For example,

my noggin is hoggin all kinds of thoughts/
and Adam Yoggin is Yauch and he's writin of course/

Adrock - Red
Mike D - Blue

I think, at least from 86-92, all of their lyrics were one great big group effort, just so they could get the perfect effect. Right now though, since they have pretty exclusive verses, or at least 1/3 verses, I would choose Mike D.

blip
08-18-2005, 12:38 AM
MCA, everyday.

IronicAllure
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I think they all have skills and when they put them together they're great, they're great as a group and their skills go perfect together... Just my opinion anyways... (y)

adrock14
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
they are all good!!! (y) :) (!)

BBoyLimpiN604
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I think Adrock ends up with the best rhymes on most tracks.
Whether or not he wrote those specific lines or just rapped them I'm not sure, but I tend to like his lines the most.
But... most definately all of their rhymes together give the songs their strength, the greatness of a song cannot rest on one great rhyme by one great rhymer.
If Star Wars has taught us anything, it's all about the trilogy. :p

true this... (y) i have always thought adrock rhymed the rhyme well, but i don't know who writes all of it, i just think adrock got the best of the lyrics
so if anyones a big enough fan to kno who writes what...thatd be cool

Lihi
10-18-2005, 11:59 AM
In my opinion, Mike D is the most stylish rhymer of the three. He's got a mad, fresh vibe.

Adrock has a clowny thing going on, and MCA has the "down to earth rhyme" thing very well.

DapperDiverge
10-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Think of the Beastie Boys as a delicious meal... um let's say pizza

Adam Yauch is the dough, makin' spirits rise and fills you up

Mike D. is the tomato sauce, pasty yet tasty and gets down with oregano

Adam Horoviz is the cheese, cuz he's cheesy, gooey and chewy

and the lyrics each one makes is like putting the topping of their choice!!
pepperoni, pineapple, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, red/green peppers, anchovies,... hell, they could add marshmellos and gummi bears!!!
Doesn't matter because we all know their songs will come straight out of the oven hot and fresh, ready in 30 minutes or less and we'll all be takin' a slice of that pie!

Damn, I just made myself hungry!! Pizza sounds pretty good right 'bout now! :p

Chicka B
10-18-2005, 09:35 PM

pepperoni, pineapple, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, red/green peppers, anchovies,... hell, they could add marshmellos and gummi bears!!!
Doesn't matter because we all know their songs will come straight out of the oven hot and fresh, ready in 30 minutes or less and we'll all be takin' a slice of that pie!

Haha that's a real creative way to put it! ;)

max svenningsen
10-18-2005, 10:46 PM
they're all talented , mca's rhaspy tone and a feeling of genuine modesty ,despite the timeless ,traditional boasting of true roots hip hop has lent his unique touch to both hip hop and world beat songs such as track 13 on anthology as i recall, by the way who is the female voice featured on that? adrock's skills upon the mic include a hard aproach ever true to the game . in my minds eye he is the middle child in the b-boys sophomoric . on crawlspace even a little wierd ! thats my boy ;) mike to the d you go and see him and you pay a fee. mike seems to be the comedian in the crew ex.who's country mike and the guy in the hefty bag comercial. thats al from happy days , is he alive or did he die of a heart attack hmm ? lol . i think that together shadrach mesach and abednego bow to no idols and additionaly as a solo opperation would be dissapointing unlike sir paul mcartney but very similar to ringo thats not to say individualy ringo mca mike d and ad rock dont hold there own , there is just better harmony together . this is an opinion,like an armpit,we all have them and they all stink. there isnt an answer for this question .

BeastieLips
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
this is an extremely good question. and after careful debate, i'd have to say M-I-K-E D-E-E-EEE. he's on top and that's the way to be-eee.

max svenningsen
10-18-2005, 11:11 PM
they're all talented , mca's rhaspy tone and a feeling of genuine modesty ,despite the timeless ,traditional boasting of true roots hip hop has lent his unique touch to both hip hop and world beat songs such as track 13 on anthology as i recall, by the way who is the female voice featured on that? adrock's skills upon the mic include a hard aproach ever true to the game . in my minds eye he is the middle child in the b-boys sophomoric . on crawlspace even a little wierd ! thats my boy ;) mike to the d you go and see him and you pay a fee. mike seems to be the comedian in the crew ex.who's country mike and the guy in the hefty bag comercial. thats al from happy days , is he alive or did he die of a heart attack hmm ? lol . i think that together shadrach mesach and abednego bow to no idols and additionaly as a solo opperation would be dissapointing unlike sir paul mcartney but very similar to ringo thats not to say individualy ringo mca mike d and ad rock dont hold there own , there is just better harmony together . this is an opinion,like an armpit,we all have them and they all stink. there isnt an answer for this question .

miss pie
11-11-2005, 09:12 PM
They're all choice, but my all time favourite would have to be Adrock's 'I like my sugar with coffee and cream.'

fucktopgirl
11-11-2005, 11:03 PM
adam horoviz+isthe fucking "quiuty" of the gang

Jmoney77
11-11-2005, 11:11 PM
MCA

Subculture
11-14-2005, 12:01 PM
MCA!!!!!!!!!!!

z-boy
11-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Mike-D invented rhyming

paulb
11-15-2005, 03:02 AM
MCA

kleptomaniac
11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
MCA

that says it all ;)

paulb
11-15-2005, 03:28 PM
are you flirting with me?

PS: i didnt realize i already responded to this topic, back in November 2004!

kleptomaniac
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
are you flirting with me?

:rolleyes:

paulb
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
ill take that as a yes. :cool: (y)

singletone
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm a bank cashier, engineer, I wear cotton but I don't wear sheer.

Yeah, you motherf@%#ers! I am all that. I see you looking at me and saying "how can he be so skinny and live so phat!"

Two girlies and a beer,

Paul Revere

camo
11-16-2005, 09:34 AM
It would be like me saying which one of my kids I love the most.

But then again maybe not because I don't have any....

NURSE,NURSE!

hitekk
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
the 3 are very good but i really that mike d is the best

laurie_hammy
11-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm a bank cashier, engineer, I wear cotton but I don't wear sheer.

Yeah, you motherf@%#ers! I am all that. I see you looking at me and saying "how can he be so skinny and live so phat!"

Two girlies and a beer,

Paul Revere

YOU KNOW WHY ! Cause Im, The MAESTRO, Yeah You Know AN IM !!!!!!!!!
Wicka Wicka Wicka

Movin On My Wheels

kleptomaniac
12-23-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm still sticking with Mike but they all have some unique rhymes, especially Adrock noone has rhymes like him.

except for maybe his evil twin...."Badrock" :cool:

Funkyfreshgrape
12-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I think mike d has the best! :D
but i also like adrocks' too...

They both have the best rhymes!

:D (y)

Funkyfreshgrape
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
except for maybe his evil twin...."Badrock" :cool:
:rolleyes:

Chicka B
12-27-2005, 09:44 AM
I think Mike D has the best style, MCA has the best flow, and Adrock has the best rhymes. In other words they all have the best rhymes. :p

Funkyfreshgrape
12-27-2005, 06:09 PM
What about Yauch? :(
sorry! :( I also like his rhymes too, so they all have great rhymes!!!!!!!! :D (y)

burbboi
12-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Mike D for me, although his 'Everybody rappin' like its a commercial, acting like life is a big commercial' rhyme on Pass the Mic was suspect :D

kleptomaniac
12-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Mike D for me, although his 'Everybody rappin' like its a commercial, acting like life is a big commercial' rhyme on Pass the Mic was suspect :D

he's the only guy i'll let get away with rhyming the same word twice :cool:

Chicka B
12-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I read that he really meant to say "Everybody's rappin like it's a commercial, actin like life is a big rehearsal" but he just fucked up and they didn't let him fix it. It's ok Mike, I forgive ya. He obviously didn't rehearse the rhyme enough. :D ;)

Chicka B
12-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I read that too somewhere i didn't think it was true though because why wouldn't they let him redo it over again?

I know! That seems kinda shitty huh. Well I guess it's not true, but rehearsal would make more sense now wouldn't it. It's all good though. :D

Jmoney77
02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
MCA, hands down

maggz
02-24-2006, 04:43 PM
i've always enjoyed ad rock's lines the most....then mca....i love ad rock's energy when rockin a show

Guy Incognito
02-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Probably Adrock but they all have their strengths.

Adrock - funniest
MCA - most thought provokin
Mike D - surreal

Jmoney77
02-25-2006, 02:24 PM
i've always enjoyed ad rock's lines the most....then mca....i love ad rock's energy when rockin a show

Adrock really gets into it i love that

OhwordBBGURL
02-26-2006, 09:14 AM
dude serousliy are u asking that? why would u wanna pick a fav out of the
three beastie boys if u say u like them then why would u pick between them there all good they all have good rymes they all work togther to make a song all three of them make good rymes u should know that

Guy Incognito
02-26-2006, 12:03 PM
dude serousliy are u asking that? why would u wanna pick a fav out of the
three beastie boys if u say u like them then why would u pick between them there all good they all have good rymes they all work togther to make a song all three of them make good rymes u should know that

But maybe whoever started this thread thought they would start a thread to discuss the various merits of each bboys rhymes and that was the best thing to call it. I'm sure everyone agrees that they are all good. Its good to talk about how different their styles/subject matter are.

TimDoolan
06-02-2006, 10:54 PM

I love this!!!!!! THA HIGH PITCH BROTHAS, FROM THA EAST COAST

alexandra
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
dunno how DapperDiverge made that up, but it's good. :D

vickista
06-06-2006, 02:18 AM
I think Mike D has the best style, MCA has the best flow, and Adrock has the best rhymes. In other words they all have the best rhymes. :p

im in agreemen t with chika b