PDA

View Full Version : Depeche Mode

DroppinScience
11-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Anyone fans of these guys?

I think they are one of the greatest 80s groups (especially one of the best 80s groups to survive long into the 90s!). Their synth-y, goth-y is just awesome!

I acquired the "Remixes 81---04" today as well as "Some Great Reward"

I just can't get enough (hey, that's ALSO a Depeche song) of the Depeche Mode! :D (y)

Discuss!

mickill
11-28-2004, 02:36 AM
Huh (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=39130)

Spanishbomb808
11-28-2004, 02:40 AM
(See "Spanishbomb..." post for my thoughts regarding Violator)

Well, I do have some tracks from "Catching up with Depeche Mode" and "Music for the Masses," and they're pretty darn neat (see other threat to know why I have "some).

I found "Exiter" to be a piece of shit, though.

DroppinScience
11-28-2004, 03:14 AM
Just read your Depeche comments in the "Hey Spanishbomb" thread.

You really should actually acquire "Violator." By far their best album, Espanol...

Once you get it, I'm sure you can add it to the list of "post-89" exceptions!

Spanishbomb808
11-28-2004, 03:34 AM
Probably, athough keep in mind what my Maxim states: Depeche Mode was hip BEFORE 1989, and thus, their works can be considered acceptable.

DroppinScience
11-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Spin it anyway you like, but your list of "exceptions" will likely grow, whether they be artists who've made their name before or after 1989. :p

You can't be a toddler forever. ;)

tomsanderson86
11-28-2004, 04:06 AM
I love Depeche Mode...massive in the US filling 50,000 capacity stadiums but never taken that seriously. However I have nearly all the albums on vinyl and cd, the 101 album on cd and dvd, the other two dvds and a singles box set with the other 4 to collect.

Cracking camp techno that's so dark and heartfelt, I'm doing my English Language investigation into their lyrics....

The Notorious LOL
11-29-2004, 12:40 AM
depeche mode fucking rules.

ASHLEY
11-29-2004, 12:45 AM
The best band ever, no doubt. (y)

Spanishbomb808
11-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Spin it anyway you like, but your list of "exceptions" will likely grow, whether they be artists who've made their name before or after 1989. :p

You can't be a toddler forever. ;)

However, my list of "Good stuff from 69-89" will increase at an exponential rate compared to the "post 89 acceptable stuff." In the end, the Golden Age treasures will heavily outweight the "Twat Era" tunes.

Gotta maintain the status qou.

P.S. Who's that cowbell fella on your avatar? Is it the so-called Hank Williams? That's the only hat-wearin' fella I've heard of (I saw him on a shirt once).

Oh well, Liberate Palestine...

poist
11-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Depeche Mode (y)

Remix of Enjoy the Silence is brilliant.

DroppinScience
11-29-2004, 03:11 AM
P.S. Who's that cowbell fella on your avatar? Is it the so-called Hank Williams? That's the only hat-wearin' fella I've heard of (I saw him on a shirt once).

Damn straight, it's Hank Williams indeed! :cool: (y)

Easily the best country singer ever. Truly puts all this Nashville "establishment" bullshit that tries and pass for "country" to hell (I'm looking at YOU Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and everyone else). Heh, more like "Trashville" (as Hank Williams III refers to Nashville).

Oh yeah, and your pre-1969 stance is just as ignorant and close-minded as your post-1989 stance.

aenema
11-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Enjoy The Silence
Strange Love
I Feel Loved
I Feel You

best songs a mon avis (y)

SpuffyRJ
11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Depeche Mode rocks :cool:

Audielicious
11-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Depeche Mode are my FAVORITE 80's synth pop band. Dave Gahan= <3

I've already gone into detail about my love for them in other threads so I won't repeat myself too much here.

Enjoy The Silence, Somebody, Sometimes, Shake The Disease, Strangelove- just a few of my all-time favorites.

Spanishbomb808
11-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Damn straight, it's Hank Williams indeed! :cool: (y)

Easily the best country singer ever. Truly puts all this Nashville "establishment" bullshit that tries and pass for "country" to hell (I'm looking at YOU Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and everyone else). Heh, more like "Trashville" (as Hank Williams III refers to Nashville).

Oh yeah, and your pre-1969 stance is just as ignorant and close-minded as your post-1989 stance.

Hick music is as reprehensible as street music.

And hey, borders and boundaries are necessary ;)

DroppinScience
11-29-2004, 10:29 PM

And hey, borders and boundaries are necessary ;)

Hank Williams is NOT a hick, mister!!!! :mad: (n)

DroppinScience
11-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Dammit man, these 3-disc Depeche Mode remix album is AMAZING!!! :D

So much diversity to these mixes, so... so... *drool* :)

A few of them I can do without (I don't like the sound of the Linkin Park remix of "Enjoy The Silence"), but overwhelmingly this shit kicks ass (especially Air's remixes). (y)

Spanishbomb808
11-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Wasn't he an illiterate guy who died whilst drinking in a limo?

If so, that constitute hick-ness. Plus, I don't trust anyone who wears a ten-gallon hat.

DroppinScience
11-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Wasn't he an illiterate guy who died whilst drinking in a limo?

If so, that constitute hick-ness. Plus, I don't trust anyone who wears a ten-gallon hat.

He wasn't illiterate. He was an awesome songwriter. I love his songs of heartbreak. Ain't nuthin' like a tear in my beer. ;)

He died whilst drinking whiskey and shooting up morphine. That's the first premature rock star death and he'd usher in the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and too many more to die too quickly. :(

Spanishbomb808
11-29-2004, 11:10 PM
That still doesn't excuse the ten-gallon hat.

Beth
11-30-2004, 12:20 AM
<3 depeche mode.

i saw them in concert soon after violator came out. one of the best shows i've ever seen (nitzer ebb opened up for them).

cosmo105
11-30-2004, 12:22 AM
if ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest kid on the planet. sheesh.

Spanishbomb808
11-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Look at my damn avatar.

If you don't get it by now... geez.

Undeadjesus
11-30-2004, 01:50 AM
2 words can only describe this band.

Fucking Genius.

ms.peachy
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
<3 depeche mode.

i saw them in concert soon after violator came out. one of the best shows i've ever seen (nitzer ebb opened up for them).

oh my god, I remember that tour. Like 1990-ish, right? I went in both NJ and PA.

Beth we is old LOL

laura
12-01-2004, 10:50 AM
I love depeche mode

a friend of mine is a huge fan and I listened all the discography!!
they're just great!!

we saw them durnig the last tour and we celebrate it every year..
probably one of the three best concert ever see!!
I had also a "I want to listen only depeche mode" period! :cool:

and I love the remixes.

the only sad point of the story is the drug probs..

hutch01
12-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi Laura

i think you really love Depeche Mode. I know a lot of people having the same feelings like you. But they´re not as good as you are. You even use to quote from Depeche Mode when being mad about them.

Cool! :cool:

Anyone fans of these guys?

I think they are one of the greatest 80s groups (especially one of the best 80s groups to survive long into the 90s!). Their synth-y, goth-y is just awesome!

I acquired the "Remixes 81---04" today as well as "Some Great Reward"

I just can't get enough (hey, that's ALSO a Depeche song) of the Depeche Mode! :D (y)

Discuss!

DroppinScience
12-05-2004, 10:07 PM
A question for the hardcore Depeche Mode fans:

I'm wondering about those six different sets of singles (which compiles all the A-sides and B-sides plus the numerous remixes). Is that worth getting?

So far, I've got ALL the studio albums ("Exciter" being the exception, but I'll be on to that one pretty soon), their "People are People" and "Catching Up With Depeche Mode" comps, their "101" live album. As well, I got the 3-Disc remix album. Having all those, is the singles set worth it or would it just be redundant?

Bitchamachacha
03-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Depeche Mode is my other fave band besides the Beasties.

I started listening to them when I was fourteen and it was love at first listen. Since Alan left, they haven't been the same. I haven't really enjoyed anything by them since "Violator". :(

I think I watched the film "101" a zillion, billion times.

A gift (http://serge.kozlov.ru/depeche/songs.asp?id=278) for you kids. It's all of DM's songs and you can listen to them on the site. I LOVES IT!

Matt
03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
A gift (http://serge.kozlov.ru/depeche/songs.asp?id=278) for you kids. It's all of DM's songs and you can listen to them on the site. I LOVES IT!

I clickeed that link in your journal. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU thats so awesome.

DroppinScience
03-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Really cool! (y)

I feel like thanking you in Depeche Mode lyrics....

"And I thank YOU
For bringing me here
For showing me home
For singing these tears
Finally I have found
That I belong here"

Bitchamachacha
03-16-2005, 01:26 PM
You're very very welcome!!!

:D

paulk
03-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm a fan.

ericlee
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
i just bought their remixes cd and I'm not impressed. I'm sure it'll grow on me within time..I hope

DroppinScience
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
i just bought their remixes cd and I'm not impressed. I'm sure it'll grow on me within time..I hope

Did you get the 12-song version or the 3-Disc Limited Edition version?

The 3-Disc version is hands-down awesome.

ericlee
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Did you get the 12-song version or the 3-Disc Limited Edition version?

The 3-Disc version is hands-down awesome.

I just had to bring this thread back up cause I'm listening to the cds now. It's the 3 disk version but now I'm starting to get into it. I'm picky about remixes and it usually takes me a while to get used to them.

Sandinista!
04-01-2005, 09:13 PM
I just had to bring this thread back up cause I'm listening to the cds now. It's the 3 disk version but now I'm starting to get into it. I'm picky about remixes and it usually takes me a while to get used to them.

How much was it? Are the early mixes more in touch with the original songs, or do the latter ones feel like better creations?