PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to become a bushwad!

infidel
11-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I know this will come as a shock to most, but yeah. I'm serious.

I've decided it is just easier.

I've been thinking about the phrase "embrace the full horror of the nightmare that is bush" and I realized I really haven't fully embraced it.

The main advantages are:

1. I no longer have to care about anything but tax cuts. I no longer have to care about anyone but myself and my family. Poor people? Who gives a shit? Children with no health insurance? Fuck 'em. I got mine.

2. Once my family and friends have realized and accepted that I am a bushwad, they will no longer expect me to understand much. Or even know much. I can get away with saying things like "Oh yeah, if there's global warming, why's it so COLD, Mister Smartypants?" and "You're just a fucking traitor" everytime anyone disagrees with me. I can even get away with threats of physical violence towards people, as long as they are liberal. Or just weird, in my opinion.

3. I will get carte blanche to judge people. A lot. Like that Christian guy told me who was poll greeting for a republican on Election Day, the book in the Bible called Judges not only gives us permission to judge, but DEMANDS it. So now I get to make fun of whoever I want, look down my nose at people (especially people lower on the socio-economic scale than I am) and sneer at other people's beliefs openly. I can be as hateful as I want, because all I have to do is use projection and accuse them of doing all the things I am doing.

4. I now get to remind people, all the time and in a rather chest-beating way, how moral I am, how upstanding, how honest, how CONCERNED I am for.....the....children and all the demonic influences our society puts on them.

5. I also get to remind people about September 11th. A lot.

Now that I've said all that, I realize as a true bushwad, I cannot have this kind of metacognitive awareness of what it is I do, so I am being picked up shortly for a 1:30 appointment at the Dallas County Republican Party offices, jokingly called, by other bushwads, the "Reeducation Center." They are funny!

You all are pretty great. But take it from me---it's easier to simply embrace the horror. Let go. You'll feel so much better. I already do, just from the not having to care about anyone part!

phinkasaurus
11-30-2004, 02:16 PM
"If ignorance is bliss, then wipe this smile off my face"
-Zach de la Rocha

Funkaloyd
11-30-2004, 02:42 PM
sadly you failed you satan worshipinger your post has too man big words in it

It also brings up the issue of class. That's a big no no, but at least he didn't use the c word itself.

ASsman
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Also the youth sees as being against MTV, thus not pop. And if it's not pop, it's cool.