PDA

View Full Version : There goes another one

Rosie Cotton
11-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, Tom Ridge has now resigned:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041130/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/bush_cabinet

Ridge sent his letter of resignation to President Bush at midday Tuesday, after attending a morning White House threat briefing with CIA and FBI officials. The former Pennsylvania governor, Ridge thanked Bush for giving him the opportunity to fight back against terrorists, as did the passengers on Flight 93, who forced their hijacked plane down in a Pennsylvania field.

"There will always be more to do, but today, America is significantly stronger and safer than ever before," Ridge wrote Bush.

I sure feel safer, don't you? What a tool.

D_Raay
12-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Forgive my ignorance here, but is this unprecedented? All these resignations and you would think they just LOST the election..

Oh but wait they all did such good job didn't they?

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
I don't know, but I get the feeling something's up.

Gazrock
12-01-2004, 04:05 AM

It might be Blairs head up Bush's arse.

drobertson420
12-01-2004, 06:45 AM

"I would like to resign, but for no specific reason......err, i mean to spend time with my family...in Europe." :cool:

drobertson420
12-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Maybe the recount will prove they stole the election and none of these jerks want to be complicit

Or be anywhere near the ensuing riots.

D_Raay
12-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Or be anywhere near the ensuing riots.
Ah yes, hadn't thought of that.

Qdrop
12-01-2004, 02:00 PM

agreed.

i think the REAL NeoCon hawks are about to be appointed.....

or perhaps we are all just overreacting.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 08:50 PM
agreed.

i think the REAL NeoCon hawks are about to be appointed.....

or perhaps we are all just overreacting.

No, I think fear is justified. Everyone I know (liberal or moderate, no neo-cons) is scared shitless.

ASsman
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Forgive my ignorance here, but is this unprecedented? All these resignations and you would think they just LOST the election..

Oh but wait they all did such good job didn't they?
Cabinet changes aren't unusual... But as for made up cabinet positions.. I don't really know.

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps, they were INCOMPETENT, and perhaps, just perhaps, Bush couldn't say so before the election for political reasons, and perhaps, maybemaybemaybe, they're "resigning" for that reason.

God you people are obtuse.

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
No, I think fear is justified. Everyone I know (liberal or moderate, no neo-cons) is scared shitless.

A testament to the cowardice of this generation, to be sure.

Less than twenty years ago and for the four decades before that the western world sat in the crosshairs of nuclear annihilation every single day. Now everyone is "scared shitless". I would call you a pussy if I didn't know you were lying.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 09:20 PM
A testament to the cowardice of this generation, to be sure.

Aside from a couple of people in their early twenties, I was mainly talking about people between the ages of forty and ninety. People who clearly remember the heyday of the Cold War. What was that about this generation, dipshit?

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Aside from a couple of people in their early twenties, I was mainly talking about people between the ages of forty and ninety. People who clearly remember the heyday of the Cold War. What was that about this generation, dipshit?

Another lie from Samwise's girlfriend. How cute.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Another lie from Samwise's girlfriend. How cute.

How was that a lie?

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
How was that a lie? Because the people you were referring to were not primarily between 40 and 90, and they aren't "scared shitless", and neither are you. You are feigning it. It's a sham, and it's obvious.

People who are "scared shitless" don't spend their days twiddling away on a Beastie Boys message board, so you can cut the act.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Because the people you were referring to were not primarily between 40 and 90, and they aren't "scared shitless", and neither are you. You are feigning it. It's a sham, and it's obvious.

Oh, and how do you know how old they are? Have you met my grandma? My great-grandma? My parents? Have you met anyone who places a major part in my life? Fucking tard.

People who are "scared shitless" don't spend their days twiddling away on a Beastie Boys message board, so you can cut the act.

Again, how do you know? You are saying this from YOUR point of view, stating it as if it is fact. And I've got news for you; it ain't. Perhaps going on a message board brings comfort to some. Perhaps some go on a message board to learn other's opinions. Perhaps people who are under stress get comfort from just talking to others. It's basic psychology, I suggest you learn it.

D_Raay
12-01-2004, 11:03 PM
No Rosie, you see you have to be running down the street screaming and pulling all your hair out and knocking down old people and small children to be really scared... Any sense of impending doom must be acted on irrationally and with great zeal. In which case Paul would never know....

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh, my bad. I guess I'm just scared to the point of vomiting.

Wait. No. it was something I ate. Nevermind.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps, they were INCOMPETENT, and perhaps, just perhaps, Bush couldn't say so before the election for political reasons, and perhaps, maybemaybemaybe, they're "resigning" for that reason.

God you people are obtuse.

Yeah, because Colin Powell had to be the most incompetent person there, right? If all of these people were really that incompetent, doesn't that say something about Bush's competency as well?

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Admit it Pauly, you got served! You got served by a freaking hobbit!

Paul Nice
12-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah, because Colin Powell had to be the most incompetent person there, right? If all of these people were really that incompetent, doesn't that say something about Bush's competency as well?

Yes. It says that GWB is an incompetent boob and the worst president we've had since LBJ. What's your point? Or are you so mortally terrified that you forgot to make one?

Paul Nice
12-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Admit it Pauly, you got served! You got served by a freaking hobbit!

:p