PDA

View Full Version : If Canada disappeared, would anyone notice?

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Poor Canada. Canada is like Minnesota, but more boring. Culturally indistinct from America (except for the Quebecois, of course), Canada sits safe between two oceans and behind the might of America, sneering at her superior neighbor. America strides the world like a Colossus. Canada watches it pass by like a speedbump. Poor Canada. America has given the world rock and roll, jazz, hip hop, and the blues. Canada has given the world... nothing. America has produced Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, General Dwight D Eisenhower, MacArthur, Patton, and Kennedy. Canada has produced... no one. America has given the world the telephone, the telegraph, the phonograph, the electric light bulb, the airplane, the liquid fueled rocket, the personal computer, the birth control pill. Canada has given the world... nothing. America landed on the moon. Canada landed in Saskatchewan. Poor Canada. We don't begrudge you your bitter jealousy - we realized it is firmly based in the solid granite foundation of irrelevence and unimportance that is the hallmark of your nation.

Poor Canada.

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Wow, something got you all riled up alright.

If Canada is so culturally indistinct, and such a bad place to live, why can we smoke what we like, marry who we please, and get our health taken care of for free, while you can't do any of those things? Tell you the truth, I'd much rather live in boring old Canada than be loathed by the rest of the world as a symbol of greed and omnipotent incompetence. You talk about irrelevance and unimportance like they're bad things, but it wasn't three thousand Canadians who died on September 11th and it's not Canadian troops being sent to die in useless wars. You keep your relevance and importance, by all means, and we'll keep our bland, unimportant society - infinitely more peaceable, progressive, liberated, and forward-looking than your own.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I think a lot of people would notice if Canada disappeared. It's pretty big.

CSAR
12-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Poor Canada. Canada is like Minnesota, but more boring. Culturally indistinct from America (except for the Quebecois, of course), Canada sits safe between two oceans and behind the might of America, sneering at her superior neighbor. America strides the world like a Colossus. Canada watches it pass by like a speedbump. Poor Canada. America has given the world rock and roll, jazz, hip hop, and the blues. Canada has given the world... nothing. America has produced Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, General Dwight D Eisenhower, MacArthur, Patton, and Kennedy. Canada has produced... no one. America has given the world the telephone, the telegraph, the phonograph, the electric light bulb, the airplane, the liquid fueled rocket, the personal computer, the birth control pill. Canada has given the world... nothing. America landed on the moon. Canada landed in Saskatchewan. Poor Canada. We don't begrudge you your bitter jealousy - we realized it is firmly based in the solid granite foundation of irrelevence and unimportance that is the hallmark of your nation.

Poor Canada.

First of all, shut your hole dipshit. Canada created Peacekeeping, Canada produced Edgar Graham Bell (ahh, we wouldn't be using computers if it wasn't for him :p ). We also produced the first supersonic jet. We created hockey, we created basketball, plus we have way better beer than you do. :) By the way we never say we're "poor" because we don't whine like some Americans. Unlike America we don't go and hide because of some terrorists. Which, by the way, your country created ;). You know what go ahead and diss Canada because you know shit about it. Stay down there and do not come up here, we don't want you. I LOVE CANADA and damn proud to be a Canadian!! So fuck you!! :mad:

PLUS: Our country sent money to help the 9/11 victim's families. Our country sent firefighters and police officers to help out. I happen to know not all Americans feel the way you do about us, you're just the ignorant, arrogant example of America.

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 12:25 AM
America has given the world ... the blues.

Ha ha ha! It sure has! Especially Southeast Asia, Central and South America, and the Middle East.

Ohhhhhh, that's not funny.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Ha ha ha! It sure has! Especially Southeast Asia, Central and South America, and the Middle East.

Ohhhhhh, that's not funny.

Africa's not doing too well either.

Yay, go us. We've given the world the blues, while we're stuck with red.

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 12:30 AM
We've given the world the blues, while we're stuck with red.

Heh, mine wasn't funny but that's a good one.

DroppinScience
12-01-2004, 12:31 AM
What is this lame crap? (n)

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Aw sheeit dogg, iss my homepiece Paul Niggity Nice flip-wiggin' on why Cizanada gots to be stone cold frontin, y'all. He ain't had a syllable of that shit, yo: nigga got to lay down whass on his mind and strong-arm some of that bbmb, awwwww yeah.

*Note: I am using Paul Nice's lexicon in an effort to bridge the vast cultural gap between us.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Heh, mine wasn't funny but that's a good one.

Eh, I thought it was kinda lame myself. And it was my joke!

CSAR
12-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Would the World notice if Paul Nice disappeared?? Probably not, what has Paul Nice given us?? Uhmmmm....NOTHING!! Haha ;)

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Would the World notice if Paul Nice disappeared?? Probably not, what has Paul Nice given us?? Uhmmmm....NOTHING!! Haha ;)

I wouldn't.

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 01:18 AM
HE GAVE THE WORLD THE FRESH SHIT YO

Beth
12-01-2004, 01:32 AM
If Canada is so culturally indistinct, and such a bad place to live, why can we smoke what we like, marry who we please, and get our health taken care of for free, while you can't do any of those things?
let me preface my comments by saying i've never been to canada but i would love to go, i harbor no feelings of hatred nor do i think the u.s. is superior, etc. my boyfriend is canadian, and part of what makes him so great is where he was born and raised.

that said, your comments on smoking what you like aren't entirely true. my boyfriend just told me a story about how a 70 or 80 year old woman got busted for weed in canada. as for the u.s., it is up to each individual state. i don't know the drug laws of each state, but i do know for a fact that possession of a small amount of weed in alaska is legal (my friend went there last summer on an internship, and that's what she was told by criminal defense attorneys).

also, some states allow people to marry who they please, but the federal government will not recognize those marriages and will not allow other states to recognize those marriages should the couple move to a different state. i don't know canada's policy on such marriages; is it all of canada, or just where you live?

Mic-Logic
12-01-2004, 01:48 AM
You know what's irrelevant!? This topic in this forum. Another insightful thread by the genius who created this (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=38374).

Schmeltz
12-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Yes yes. You know, I got busted smoking down a couple of weeks ago and nothing came of it - didn't even get my pipe confiscated. Right now the laws are so vague that the cops might bust you or they might not, but they're getting more and more lenient. Decriminalization of up to 15 grams, if not outright legalization, is just around the corner. If you ask Deaf, I'm sure he'll tell you that Canadians in general have a much more relaxed attitude toward weed than Americans do in general. Thank God.

I think 11 of 13 Canadian provinces/territories now recognize gay marriages, and soon it will be the whole country. My province just legalized the procedure a few weeks ago, round about the same time one-fifth of the USA decided that private relationships are public business. I tell you, nobody in Canada would ever take seriously the notion of introducing to the Charter of Rights or Constitution an amendment banning gay marriage. Well, maybe some of the Albertans.

Alaska sounds like a nice place to visit.

Gazrock
12-01-2004, 03:05 AM
America has given the world the telephone
Poor Canada.

Alexander Graham Bell was scottish.

America landed on the moon.

Debatable.

We don't begrudge you your bitter jealousy - we realized it is firmly based in the solid granite foundation of irrelevence and unimportance that is the hallmark of your nation. .

I seriously doubt that Canadians are jealous of you or your country, they more than likely just pity fools (ala Mr T) like yourself for being a narrow minded idiot.
So you're american, and americans have invented plenty of good and useful things over the years - exactly what did YOU have to do with any of them??

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Alexander Graham Bell was scottish.

Debatable.

He was born in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1847. His family moved to Ontario in 1870. Hmm, what was all that shite about Canada, Paul?

Gazrock
12-01-2004, 03:28 AM
He was born in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1847. His family moved to Ontario in 1870. Hmm, what was all that shite about Canada, Paul?

I hate to shoot you down but I'd rather do it than that fool. He left canada after a year an moved to the U.S. Sorry :o

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 03:31 AM
I hate to shoot you down but I'd rather do it than that fool. He left canada after a year an moved to the U.S. Sorry :o

He died in Nova Scotia in 1922. So he clearly went back.

Gazrock
12-01-2004, 03:35 AM
He died in Nova Scotia in 1922. So he clearly went back.

Fair enough :p

synch
12-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Trolling.

Intentionally disrupting a Usenet newsgroup by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Fair enough :p

Well, to be fair, he DID become a US citizen in 1882. I guess we both win.

Ace42
12-01-2004, 03:59 AM
behind the might of America, sneering at her superior neighbor. America strides the world like a Colossus. Canada watches it pass by like a speedbump. Poor Canada. America has given the world rock and roll, jazz, hip hop, and the blues. Canada has given the world... nothing. America has produced Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, General Dwight D Eisenhower, MacArthur, Patton, and Kennedy. Canada has produced... no one. America has given the world the telephone, the telegraph, the phonograph, the electric light bulb, the airplane, the liquid fueled rocket, the personal computer, the birth control pill. Canada has given the world... nothing. America landed on the moon.

Again Paul Nice rewrites history.

The liquid fuel rocket was used by the Nazis, it was called the V1 & 2 and used to bomb the UK. The US accepted Nazi war criminals (against its own rules, yet again) who then perfected their designs. However fully functional devices were in operation in Europe first.

The telegraph was designed by Joseph Henry, but the theory and the technology he used was designed by Sturgeon, a British inventor.

Edison bought the lightbulb off of a canadian
http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ontario/first_electric_light_bulb.htm

The first electric computer was English, and was used as a decryption tool by the scientists at Bletchly park. Before this the English had been using valve computational devices for artillery ranging. The first mechnical calculatory device was created by Charles Babbage, also English. To be a "personal computer" you are only talking about size. At what point does a "big computer" become a "personal computer" ? When it is not a mainframe or multi-user? When it is portable?

Depending on your criteria, there are numerous candidates for first PERSONAL computer, the earliest publicly available example is indeed the Berkley Simon. However, numerous military and prototype units were made all over the world, and I do not beleive for a second you actually know authoritatively what the "first" personal computer actually was, or even what criteria you are using to define it.

America was not the first to put a man in space, nor even launch a rocket out there. That was the Russians.

Jazz originated with Creole blacks (french and spanish speaking with more european than continental American roots) who were often trained in PARIS. That's Paris, France.

This is the origin of all of the US's musical innovations (Rock and Roll, Hip hop, etc all has its origins in Jazz, which is as American as the statue of liberty, literally)

It seems from your list is that the US is only good at passing off the innovations of others as her own. So, "poor Canada - not a bunch of self-important idea-stealing assholes" would seemingly be more apt.

Ace42
12-01-2004, 04:05 AM
PLUS: Our country sent money to help the 9/11 victim's families. Our country sent firefighters and police officers to help out. I happen to know not all Americans feel the way you do about us, you're just the ignorant, arrogant example of America.

And Canada got fucked over when the US's shitty under-invested power system caused a wide-spread power black-out that extended North o' the border too. What a surprise that US energy companies' being stingy cheap-ass bastards ends up fucking over everyone!

God bless good ol' fashion US capitalism!

Frop
12-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Iam A PROUD Canadian!

But i just figured that i would list a few Canadian Inventions and i bet Paul Nice, uses a few of these Canadian USEFUL inventions:

acrylics (Plexiglas/Perspex/Lucite) - William Chalmers

Actar 911 CPR Dummy - Dianne Croteau, Richard Brault and Jonathan Vinden

air-conditioned railway coach - Henry Ruttan (1858)

antigravity suit - Wilbur R. Franks (1940)

Balderdash - Laura Robinson and Paul Toyne (1984)

basketball - James Naismith (1892)

batteryless radio (AC radio tube) - Edward Samuel Rogers Sr. (1925)

bovril

butter substitute

Canadarm - SPAR and the National Aeronautical Establishment (1981)

calcium carbide and acetylene gas (production of) - Thomas L. "Carbide" Wilson (1892)

carcino embryonic antigen (CEA) blood test - Dr. Phil Gold (1968)

cardiac intensive care unit (first)

cobalt bomb - University of Saskatchewan and Eldorado Mining and Refining (1951)

compound marine engine - Benjamin Franklin Tibbets compound revolving snow shovel (trains)

computerized braille

crash position indicator (C.P.I) - Harry T. Stevinson and David M. Makow (1959)

dental mirror

disintegrating plastic

ear piercer

electric cooking range - Thomas Ahearn (1882)

electric hand prosthesis for children - Helmut Lukas (1971)

electrical car

electric wheelchair - George J. Klein

electron microscope - Prof. E. F. Burton and Cecil Hall, James Hillier and

Albert Prebus (late 1930s)

electronic wave organ - Frank Morse Robb (1927)

explosives vapour detector - Dr Lorne Elias (1990)

fathometer - Reginald Fessenden

film developing tank

five pin bowling - Thomas E. Ryan (1909)

foghorn - Robert Foulis (1854)

frozen fish - Dr. Archibald G. Huntsman (1926)

garbage bag (green plastic) - Harry Wasyluk and Larry Hanson (1950s)

Gestalt Photo Mapper - G. Hobrough (1975)

gingerale - John J. McLaughlin (1904)

goalie mask - Jacques Plante (1959)

Green ink - Thomas Sterry Hunt (1862)

hair tonic

heart valve operation

helicopter trap (for landing on ships)

helium as a substitute for hydrogen in airships

Hockey

hydrofoil boat - Alexander Graham Bell and Casey Baldwin (1908)

IMAX - Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, Robert Kerr (1968)
instant potato flakes - Dr. Edward Asselbegs and the Food Research Institute (1962)

insulation

insulin (as diabetes treatment) - Dr. Frederick Banting, Dr. Charles Best and Dr. Collip (1921)

Java - James Gosling

Jetline

jolly jumper - Olivia Poole

kerosene - Abraham Gesner (1840)

lacrosse - played since the 1600s; William George Beers set out standard
rules (1860)

laser (sailboat) - Bruce Kirby, Ian Bruce and Hans Fogh (1969)

lightbulb- Henry Woodward (1874)

machine gun tracer bullet

MacPherson gas mask

measure for footwear

Muskol

Newtsuit - Phil Nuytten

news print - Charles Fenerty (1838)

Nursing Mother Breast Pads - Marsha Skrypuch (1986)

pablum - Drs. Alan Brown, Fred Tisdall, and Theo Drake (1930s)

pacemaker - Wilfred Bigelow

paint roller - Norman Breakey (1940)

panoramic camera - John Connon (1887)

Phi (position homing indicator for aircraft)

Pictionary - Rob Angel (1986)

pizza pizza telephone computer delivery services

portable high chair

Puzz-3D

(A) Question of Scruples - Robert Simpson (1984)

radar profile recorder - NRC (1947)

radio compass

retractable beer carton handle (Tuck-away-handle Beer Carton) - Steve
Pasjac (1957)

rollerskate

screw propeller

ski-binding

snowblower - Arthur Sicard (1927)

snowmobile - Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1937)

snowplow (rotary) - invented by J.W. Elliot (1869), first built by Leslie Brothers (1883)

steam foghorn

standard time - Sir Sanford Fleming (1879)

Stanley Cup - (Canada's Governor-General) Lord Stanley of Preston (1893)

Stol aircraft - de Havilland Canada (1948)

submarine telegraph cable

Superman - Joe Shuster and Jerome Siegel (1938)

table hockey - Donald Munro (1930s)

telephone - Alexander Graham Bell (1874)

Trivial Pursuit - Chris Haney, John Haney and Scott Abbott (1982)

variable Pitch Propeller - Wallace Rupert Turnbull (1918)

Walkie-Talkie - Donald L. Hings (1942)

washing machine

wirephoto - Sir William Stephenson (1921)

Yachtzee

zipper - Gideon Sundback (1913)

drobertson420
12-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Iam A PROUD Canadian!

But i just figured that i would list a few Canadian Inventions and i bet Paul Nice, uses a few of these Canadian USEFUL inventions:

batteryless radio (AC radio tube) - Edward Samuel Rogers Sr. (1925)....etc

What about Rush,man!?

Frop
12-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Here is some Canadian actors.

Aykroyd, Dan: Comedian, Actor. "Saturday Night Live", "The Blues Brothers"

Bain, Conrad: Actor. "Diff'rent Strokes", "Maude".

Bairstow, Scott: Actor. "Lonesome Dove: The Series"

Bluteau, Lothaire : Actor. "Jesus of Montreal", "Black Robe"

Bochner, Lloyd: Actor. "Dynasty", "Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear"

Burr, Raymond: Actor. "Perry Mason", "Ironside"

Candy, John: Comedian, Actor. "SCTV"

Carrey, Jim: Comedian, Actor. "The Mask", "Ace Ventura: Pet

Detective", "The Truman Show"

Carson, Jack: Actor. "Mildred Pierce", "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

Chaykin, Maury: Actor. "Dances with Wolves", "Whale Music", "Buried on Sunday"

Chong, Thomas: Comedian, Actor. Half of Cheech and Chong

Colicos, John: Actor. "Anne of a Thousand Days", "The Postman Always Rings Twice", played the first Klingon on "Star Trek", "Battlestar Galactica"

Cronyn, Hume: Actor. "Shadow of a Doubt", "Sunrise at Campobello", "Cocoon"

Doohan, James: Actor. Scotty on "Star Trek"

Elliott, David James: Actor. "Melrose Place", "JAG"

Foley, David: Comedian, Actor. "Kids in the Hall", "News Radio"

Ford, Glenn: Actor. "Gilda", "The Big Heat", "The Blackboard Jungle".

Fox, Michael J.: Actor. "Back to the Future", "Family Ties"

Fraser, Brendan: Actor. "Gods and Monsters", "The Mummy"

Frewer, Matt: Actor. played "Max Headroom", "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids", "Star Trek:TNG"

George, Chief Dan: Actor. "Little Big Man" (AAN), "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Goulet, Robert: Singer, Actor. "Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear"

Greene, Graham: Actor. "Dances with Wolves" (AAN)

Greene, Lorne: Actor. Played Ben Cartwright on "Bonanza", "Battlestar Galactica"

Greenwood, Bruce: Actor. "Exotica", "St. Elsewhere", "Nowhere Man"

Gross, Paul: Actor. "Due South", "Buried on Sunday"

Hartman, Phil: Actor, Comedian. "Saturday Night Live", "News Radio"

Hill, Arthur: Actor. "The Andromeda Strain", "A Bridge Too Far"

Huston, Walter: Actor. "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" (AA), "Dodsworth", "The Devil and Daniel Webster", father of John Huston

Ireland, John: Actor. "All the King's Men", "Spartacus"

Ironside, Michael: Actor. "Scanners", "Top Gun", "Total Recall"

Levy, Eugene: Comedian, Actor. "SCTV", American Pie Movies

Lockhart, Gene: Actor. "Abe Lincoln in Illinois", "The Devil and Daniel Webster", "His Girl Friday", "Algiers" (AAN)

McCormack, Eric: Actor. "Will & Grace", "Street Justice"

McCulloch, Bruce: Comedian. "Kids in the Hall"

McDonald, Kevin: Comedian. "Kids in the Hall"

MacDonald, Norm: Comedian, Actor: "Saturday Night Live"

McKinney, Mark: Comedian. "Kids in the Hall", "Saturday Night Live"

Mandel, Howie: Comedian, Actor. "St. Elsewhere"

Manners, David: Actor, Author. "Dracula" (1930), "The Mummy"

Massey, Raymond: Actor. "Abe Lincoln in Illinois"(AAN), "East of Eden", "The

Naked and the Dead"

Moranis, Rick: Comedian, Actor. "SCTV", "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"

Morse, Barry: Actor. "The Fugitive" (the original series), "Space 1999"

Myers, Mike: Comedian, Actor. Wayne Campbell on "Saturday Night Live"

Neville, John: Actor. "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen"

Nielsen, Leslie: Actor. "The Naked Gun", "Forbidden Planet". Brother was Deputy Prime Minister

Ontkean, Michael: Actor. "The Rookies", "Twin Peaks".

Perry, Matthew: Actor. "Friends"

Pidgeon, Walter: Actor. "How Green Was My Valley", "Forbidden Planet"

Pinsent, Gordon: Actor, Writer. "The Rowdy Man", "Who has Seen the Wind?", "John and the Missus", "Due South"

Plummer, Christopher: Actor. "The Sound of Music", "Star Trek VI"

Priestley, Jason: Actor. "Beverly Hills 90210"

Qualen, John: Actor. "Casablanca", "The Devil and Daniel Webster", "The Searchers", "Anatomy of a Murder"

Reeves, Keanu: Actor. "Johnny Mnemonic", "Speed", "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"

Rubinek, Saul: Actor. "Unforgiven", "The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick", "Star Trek:TNG"

Russell, Harold: Actor, Soldier. received two Academy Awards for role in "The Best Years of Our Lives"

Sarrazin, Michael: Actor. "They Shoot Horses Don't They?", "Joshua Then and Now"

Sawa, Devon: Actor. "Casper" Movie

Sennett, Mack: Director, Comedian, Actor, Producer. the Keystone Kops, "Tillie's Punctured Romance"

Shatner, William: Actor. Captain James T. Kirk on "Star Trek"

Short, Martin: Comedian, Actor. "SCTV", "Saturday Night Live", "Clifford"

Silverheels, Jay: Actor. Tonto on "The Lone Ranger", "Key Largo"

Sutherland, Donald: Actor. "M*A*S*H", "Klute", "Ordinary People", "Eye of the Needle", "Bethune"

Sutherland, Kiefer: Actor, Director. "The Bay Boy", "Stand By Me", "A Few Good Men"

Thicke, Alan: Actor. "Hope and Gloria",Growing Pains

Thomas, Dave: Comedian. "SCTV", "Strange Brew", "Grace Under Fire"

Thompson, Scott: Comedian, Actor. "Kids in the Hall"

Vernon, John: Actor. "Animal House", "Dirty Harry"

Wincott, Jeff: "Night Heat"

Wincott, Michael: "The Crow", "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves", "1492, Conquest of Paradise"

Wiseman, Joseph: Actor. "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz", played "Dr. No"

drobertson420
12-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Don't forget Terrance and Phillip :D

Frop
12-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Here is a link of Canadian Bands,
iam sick of typing stuff,

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicPopEncycloPages/a.html

Lindsey_1535
12-01-2004, 08:29 AM
I would notice cauee then I wouldn't live here
some good things came outta canada, not so much bands but oh well I know The Guess Who were from winnipeg

Ali
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Would the World notice if Paul Nice disappeared?? Probably not, what has Paul Nice given us?? Uhmmmm....NOTHING!! Haha ;)Seeing as he's on everybody's ignore lists, probably not.

Unless somebody chooses to rise to the bait and quote the little shit.

Qdrop
12-01-2004, 09:14 AM
what a stupid fucking thread.

who cares who came from where, who invented what first.....

the name of the game in world industry is not who invented it, BUT WHO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF IT.

the greatest nations and empires through out history RARELY invented much, but rather incorporated ideas and inventions of others (ok, explioted) and used them and fostered them better than the originators themselves.

the UK, i believe, is credited with the steam engine and advanced dyes.....but failed to take advantage of these inventions near the turn of the century.....
the U.S. and Germany were glad to, however....and went on to overtake Britian as the world powers in the next 50 years.....with ecomomies based largely on those industries.

japan and the transistor, quartz, ect......their new economy after WW2 was based on it.
they didn't invent it, though.......

because of the U.S.'s structure as a melting pot of cultures and ecomomic freedom......it was a magnet for new inventions and industries created elsewhere.......

the real question is WHO will take advantage of the next great industry: Stem Cells.

the country to foster that to a thriving industry will become the next superpower.....
mark my words......

CSAR
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
"Edgar" (I meant "Alexander") Graham Bell, who did come from Scotland (we wouldn't be using the internet if it wasn't for him :p ). We also produced one of the first innovative jets, the Arrow.

Just had to correct, my apologies, I was a little ticked off and tired last night. ;)

STANKY808
12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Vancouver is cooler than any American city

I pray I can move there someday....pipedreams I tell ya!

Good one... Vancouver and pipedreams! Ha ha ha ha.

Da Kine sells the best pipes.

100% ILL
12-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Alaska would feel kinda funny I bet

mickill
12-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Here is a link of Canadian Bands,
iam sick of typing stuff,

Right. Because you were typing. Not cutting and pasting.

Monsieur Decuts
12-01-2004, 05:00 PM
let's not pretend like the east coast of canada is as americanized as central canada. There are many distinct cultures within the maritimes that have exsisted for many many years.

Don't even get me started on that P.O.S. of a town WOOOOSTER, poor little town, living in Boston's shadow, producing nothing but a bunch of blue collar drunks who can only pronounce long As

paulb
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
AND DONT FORGET

We gave the world

PAMELA ANDERSON!!! damn man, i cant believe this topic, i feel like shooting Paul Nice. how could anyone diss canada... i dont even wanna get into it, but what a retard.

NurfBallJeaneus
12-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Don't sweat it....you are bound to get these types of post from people trying to stir up trouble every couple of months.

Just watch some old Beer commercials....it'll help ya out.

Here's some for ya...
http://www.canada4life.ca/videos/1.mpg
http://www.canada4life.ca/videos/2.mov
http://www.canada4life.ca/videos/10.mov

:)

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm glad Kids in the Hall was finally mentioned. Far superior than MadTv or the inane drivel that SNL has been reduced to.

HEIRESS
12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
OMG this one time my friend was all OMG I HAVE DIABETES and then she was all OMG I NEED INSULIN TO SURVIVE and then i was all THANKS FREDERICK BANTING THE CANADIAN CREATOR OF INSULINNnnnnnnnnnnnn

Canada rules
BC is heaven on earth

drobertson420
12-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Yea, There's a couple..........

I'm From Cleveland, so i'm ALMOST Canadian.....

We Broke Rush in the States, Dammit!!!

[read liner notes of 1st album for verification]

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Very true.

Also very true.

ROFL

Yes. Vancouver is far cooler than NY or Frisco or San Diego or New Orleans or Chicago or Boston or Austin or etc etc

Vancouver is known the world over as a cultural.. um.. well..

Never mind.

LOL

Poor Canada.

I won't even mention Canada's "military", which resembles a comedy troupe more than a fighting force. And don't forget the vaunted literature of Canada! Who is Canada's Hemingway, you ask? Their Twain? Who is Canada's Thoreau? Canada's Hawthorne? Canada's Miller? Canada's Whitman? Canada's Cummings? Who is Canada's Steinbeck? Who is Canada's Vonnegut? Who is Canada's Lowell, Ginsburg, Hughes? Who is Canada's Tennesse Williams? Who is Canada's Faulkner? Who is Canada's Fitzgerald? Their TS Eliot, Salinger, Frost, James, Jewett, Dickinson, Longfellow, Poe, Emerson -

Rick Moranis?

LMAO

:p

Poor Canada.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Yes. Vancouver is far cooler than NY or Frisco or San Diego or New Orleans or Chicago or Boston or Austin or etc etc

But I thought Frisco was the city with all fags!!! Gasp!

Shall I throw in a few LOLs to bring it down to your level?

Paul Nice
12-01-2004, 09:40 PM
But I thought Frisco was the city with all fags!!! Gasp!

Shall I throw in a few LOLs to bring it down to your level?

You'd need a ladder long enough to reach the sun to be at my level.

A rather appropriate image, I must say.

And I live in MA. I have nothing against picklesniffers or their rugmunching counterparts. Marry and be merry (or miserable, and get divorced like us heteros do), I say. I'm a libertine in that respect.

Rosie Cotton
12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
You'd need a ladder long enough to reach the sun to be at my level.

No thanks, incineration isn't my bag. I prefer to not develop infinite degree burns.

HEIRESS
12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
ROFL

Vancouver is known the world over as a cultural.. um.. well..

Never mind.

LOL

Poor Canada.

I won't even mention Canada's "military", which resembles a comedy troupe more than a fighting force. And don't forget the vaunted literature of Canada! Who is Canada's Hemingway, you ask? Their Twain? Who is Canada's Thoreau? Canada's Hawthorne? Canada's Miller? Canada's Whitman? Canada's Cummings? Who is Canada's Steinbeck? Who is Canada's Vonnegut? Who is Canada's Lowell, Ginsburg, Hughes? Who is Canada's Tennesse Williams? Who is Canada's Faulkner? Who is Canada's Fitzgerald? Their TS Eliot, Salinger, Frost, James, Jewett, Dickinson, Longfellow, Poe, Emerson -

Rick Moranis?

LMAO

:p

Poor Canada.

ILL BE MOVING TO VANCOUVER IN EXACTLY 8 MONTHS

jesus fucking christ
how can you live in such a vacuum
HEY HOW ABOUT I JUST LIST OFF A BUNCH OF AUTHORS SOME OF WHOM ARE JUST DRUGGED OUT SEX ADDICTS OR CHAUVINISTIC ASSHOLES AND THEN LIST OFF A RANDOM CANADIAN COMEDIAN AND ACT LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF PARALLEL COMPARISON AERRHEHEHARHARHARHARHRHAHARH

everthing canadian is under rated
especially our musicians
we have great talents in all artistic forums but I wish our culture didnt have such a tinge of modesty about it so that we could just go out and shove our best down the throats of foreigners like some countries

and also, we are a yooooung mufukkin country
we havent even hit the terrible twos yet

military shmilitary
we are a country of "peace-keepers" and I think that is fukkin great

DroppinScience
12-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok if Canada is so invisible, why did Bush come to Ottawa and is so desperate for help from Canada in terms of getting Iraq stabile... hmmm?

Go suck it, Pauly.

HEIRESS
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
hey, did those surfers in Halifax actually give bush their surfboard gift that said "make waves not war"

???????

paulb
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
OMG this one time my friend was all OMG I HAVE DIABETES and then she was all OMG I NEED INSULIN TO SURVIVE and then i was all THANKS FREDERICK BANTING THE CANADIAN CREATOR OF INSULINNnnnnnnnnnnnn

Canada rules
BC is heaven on earth

yes, one of best canadians ever! im diabetic! and man, i wouldnt be here today, if it werent for that great canadian.

DroppinScience
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Who is Canada's Hemingway, you ask?

Retard. Canada's Hemingway is Morley Callaghan. The two of them were chillin' in Paris in the 20s with all the other expats. They also chewed the fat while working at The Toronto Star.

Get an education before you make any presumptions.

Oh yeah and half of those American icons you listed hate America anyways. They're all commies. :p

lil richard
12-01-2004, 10:57 PM
at least you can take the spliff and tolk that green like there ain't no mo happy pot in the stash.

Canada, I solute you *hats off*

and at least it ain't a loud mouth, obnoxious, dirty, political-media place.

Paul Nice
12-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Retard. Canada's Hemingway is Morley Callaghan. The two of them were chillin' in Paris in the 20s with all the other expats. They also chewed the fat while working at The Toronto Star.

Get an education before you make any presumptions.

Indeed.

Interesting fact: Callaghan actually KNOCKED OUT Hemingway in a fight. A fight refereed by F Scott Fitzgerald! LOL No joke - look it up.

That being said Callaghan was no Hemingway. I don't think anyone would argue that point. I've only read a smattering of his short stories and they're actually great, but the man wasn't Hemingway for chrissakes.

Oh yeah and half of those American icons you listed hate America anyways. They're all commies. :p

What a fascinating irrelevancy. Thank you for that.

Schmeltz
12-02-2004, 12:57 AM
ROFL CANADA SUCKZ MY HOMIES LOL REPRESENT FO REAL

Schmeltz
12-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Jesus, Pauly. You don't fucking get it. Go and be the most "relevant" country on the planet. Jerk yourself off on all the message boards your wigger ass can find. Nobody fucking cares. People, including Canadians and, I would suspect, most Americans, just want to live their lives in peace and progress - something you and your like-minded onanist countrymen apparently have a hard time figuring out. I don't care how many Hemingways Canada has as long as it stays Canada, and not America.

It might come as a surprise, but not everybody wants to be like you. There's a reason your country is loathed by 90% of the world irrespective of all its past cultural achievements (which give you, personally, no bragging rights by association whatsoever). Canadian TV might not be broadcast around the world, but, concurrently, nobody calls Canada the Great Satan - and I'm pretty happy about that, myself.

Dumbass Randist moron.

DroppinScience
12-02-2004, 01:13 AM
What a fascinating irrelevancy. Thank you for that.

Your thread is equally irrelevant as well. Stop overcompensating.

Paul Nice
12-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Jesus, Pauly. You don't fucking get it. Go and be the most "relevant" country on the planet. Jerk yourself off on all the message boards your wigger ass can find.

"Wigger" = white nigger

It's so telling when someone uses that word to express their disgust that a white person would act like a lowly, depicable black. You might just cut to the chase and use the term "race traitor" next time.

Nobody fucking cares.

The fact that so many Canadians spend their time on this very forum badmouthing America belies this assertion. That means it exposes it as a lie.

I also find it amusing that most of you spend all day insulting the US but one person posts once about the mere fact that Canada is - and I think we can all agree on this - not important in any way whatsoever, and that it has contributed practically nothing to the progress of humanity, and all of a sudden whiners like yourself get red in the face and nearly rip their skirts jumping around in fury.

Hypocrites, you are.

People, including Canadians and, I would suspect, most Americans, just want to live their lives in peace and progress

You mean without having to read your country being slagged like you have here and like we have to every day from your lowly, irrelevant, culturally desolate ilk?

I agree.

- something you and your like-minded onanist countrymen apparently have a hard time figuring out. I don't care how many Hemingways Canada has as long as it stays Canada, and not America.

LMAO

I wouldn't worry about that! You should as soon aspire to be Rome or Britain, or any of the other great nations that have towered above the rabble throughout history.

It might come as a surprise, but not everybody wants to be like you.

Not everyone of course. Canada sure as hell does though.

There's a reason your country is loathed by 90% of the world irrespective of all its past cultural achievements (which give you, personally, no bragging rights by association whatsoever).

Indeed - it's called "blind envy".

Canadian TV might not be broadcast around the world, but, concurrently, nobody calls Canada the Great Satan - and I'm pretty happy about that, myself.

Nobody calls Canada the Great Satan because nobody thinks about Canada. Canada plays no great role in the scheme of things, and therefore Canada is neither envied nor hated nor respected nor emulated - by anyone, anywhere on earth.

Dumbass Randist moron.

LOL

Randian, old boy. The term you are misapplying here is Randian, not "Randist".

TAL
12-02-2004, 01:41 AM
But i just figured that i would list a few Canadian inventions:

This is always a fun thing to comment on.

Mr. Sundback was born in Sweden and lived in the USA when he invented the zipper (patent was made in Hoboken, NJ). He moved to Canada later.

But who cares, I like buttons.

DroppinScience
12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Paul,

Unless you singlehandedly were responsible for rock, jazz, rap, R&B, soul, Ernest Hemingway, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Emancipation Proclamation, etc. etc..... just shut it.

The only reason you're boastful is from a pure accident of birth. You just as easily could have been born in Thailand or Nigeria or Chile.

We're not gonna give you points because you come from the land of the brave when you yourself come off as a coward.

So proud of being an American? EARN your stars and stripes. Clean up the mess America has created (at home and abroad). When you've achieved world peace, then we'll talk, okay?

Schmeltz
12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Jesus, Pauly. I don't think anybody here spends too much time badmouthing "America" - a term that almost everybody on the planet would probably define differently. There's plenty of great things about America, as you yourself have pointed out. When people criticize American foreign policy, which is a perfectly valid line of thought, do you think they mean to criticize Mark Twain? When people criticize past American misdeeds, as many an observer of a superpower is wont to do, do you think they are implicitly slagging the principles in the Declaration of Independence? Do you honestly think we're slagging every single aspect of your country? What the fuck is going through your head? You've got to have one hell of an inferiority complex. And it is you who takes it upon yourself to assert that other countries are entirely valueless - it is you who displays the stupidity and prejudice here, and nobody else. Oh, the irony.

Again, you simply don't get it. You make fun of Canada being "neither envied nor hated nor respected nor emulated" without realizing that this is a good thing for us. I am perfectly content with Canada's ungreat position in the world, I don't care what anybody else thinks about it, and I envy nothing about your country, whatever you want to believe. I'm perfectly content with Canada's minimalist role on the world stage, as are the vast majority of my countrymen - especially since all we have to tolerate in return are the idiotic ramblings of Randist wiggers on diverse internet message boards.

DroppinScience
12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the 3rd world envies Canada... as well as the U.S., UK, France, Sweden, Netherlands... etc. That's why they are EMIGRATING to those countries. :rolleyes:

Schmeltz
12-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Man, this is too funny. Go look up "wigger" at urbandictionary.com. You'll find that it doesn't refer to somebody who "acts black" (as though there was a set definition of "black" to which every single black person conforms), it refers to a very specific set of wannabes trying to buy into a very specific subculture. Given that, I suppose I can understand why Pauly thinks everyone else is trying to buy into some set definition of "American" - he did after all give us a solid definition of psychological projection. It's just so telling when jackasses use their own prejudices to define what someone else is telling them.

Furthermore, if Canada wants so badly to be like America, why have we legalized gay marriage in nearly the entire country when Americans just voted in huge numbers to do the opposite in spite of what Pauly here thinks of the idea? Seems like Canada is more about dispensing freedom than restricting it... oh wait, I forgot that because Ernest Hemingway lived in America it is impossible for America to have any shortcomings whatsoever. My bad!

Documad
12-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Iam A PROUD Canadian!

batteryless radio (AC radio tube) - Edward Samuel Rogers Sr. (1925)

bovril

butter substitute

Canadarm - SPAR and the National Aeronautical Establishment (1981)

calcium carbide and acetylene gas (production of) - Thomas L. "Carbide" Wilson (1892)

carcino embryonic antigen (CEA) blood test - Dr. Phil Gold (1968)

cardiac intensive care unit (first)

cobalt bomb - University of Saskatchewan and Eldorado Mining and Refining (1951)

compound marine engine - Benjamin Franklin Tibbets compound revolving snow shovel (trains)

computerized braille

crash position indicator (C.P.I) - Harry T. Stevinson and David M. Makow (1959)

dental mirror

disintegrating plastic

ear piercer

electric cooking range - Thomas Ahearn (1882)

electric hand prosthesis for children - Helmut Lukas (1971)

electrical car

electric wheelchair - George J. Klein

electron microscope - Prof. E. F. Burton and Cecil Hall, James Hillier and

Albert Prebus (late 1930s)

electronic wave organ - Frank Morse Robb (1927)

explosives vapour detector - Dr Lorne Elias (1990)

fathometer - Reginald Fessenden

film developing tank

five pin bowling - Thomas E. Ryan (1909)

foghorn - Robert Foulis (1854)

frozen fish - Dr. Archibald G. Huntsman (1926)

garbage bag (green plastic) - Harry Wasyluk and Larry Hanson (1950s)

Gestalt Photo Mapper - G. Hobrough (1975)

gingerale - John J. McLaughlin (1904)

goalie mask - Jacques Plante (1959)

Green ink - Thomas Sterry Hunt (1862)

hair tonic

heart valve operation

helicopter trap (for landing on ships)

helium as a substitute for hydrogen in airships

Hockey

hydrofoil boat - Alexander Graham Bell and Casey Baldwin (1908)

IMAX - Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor, Robert Kerr (1968)
instant potato flakes - Dr. Edward Asselbegs and the Food Research Institute (1962)

insulation

insulin (as diabetes treatment) - Dr. Frederick Banting, Dr. Charles Best and Dr. Collip (1921)

Java - James Gosling

Jetline

jolly jumper - Olivia Poole

kerosene - Abraham Gesner (1840)

lacrosse - played since the 1600s; William George Beers set out standard
rules (1860)

laser (sailboat) - Bruce Kirby, Ian Bruce and Hans Fogh (1969)

lightbulb- Henry Woodward (1874)

machine gun tracer bullet

MacPherson gas mask

measure for footwear

Muskol

Newtsuit - Phil Nuytten

news print - Charles Fenerty (1838)

Nursing Mother Breast Pads - Marsha Skrypuch (1986)

pablum - Drs. Alan Brown, Fred Tisdall, and Theo Drake (1930s)

pacemaker - Wilfred Bigelow

paint roller - Norman Breakey (1940)

panoramic camera - John Connon (1887)

Phi (position homing indicator for aircraft)

Pictionary - Rob Angel (1986)

pizza pizza telephone computer delivery services

portable high chair

Puzz-3D

(A) Question of Scruples - Robert Simpson (1984)

radar profile recorder - NRC (1947)

radio compass

retractable beer carton handle (Tuck-away-handle Beer Carton) - Steve
Pasjac (1957)

rollerskate

screw propeller

ski-binding

snowblower - Arthur Sicard (1927)

snowmobile - Joseph-Armand Bombardier (1937)

snowplow (rotary) - invented by J.W. Elliot (1869), first built by Leslie Brothers (1883)

steam foghorn

standard time - Sir Sanford Fleming (1879)

Stanley Cup - (Canada's Governor-General) Lord Stanley of Preston (1893)

Stol aircraft - de Havilland Canada (1948)

submarine telegraph cable

Superman - Joe Shuster and Jerome Siegel (1938)

table hockey - Donald Munro (1930s)

telephone - Alexander Graham Bell (1874)

Trivial Pursuit - Chris Haney, John Haney and Scott Abbott (1982)

variable Pitch Propeller - Wallace Rupert Turnbull (1918)

Walkie-Talkie - Donald L. Hings (1942)

washing machine

wirephoto - Sir William Stephenson (1921)

Yachtzee

You had me at "hockey." :) But that list of entertainers was just sad. #2 entry was Conrad Bain! (Neil Young is enough to justify your existence.)
Canada is like Minnesota, but more boring.
Wow, thanks! Any comparison to Canada is much appreciated. I Heart Canada.

Slick89
12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
thread starter sound slike a real queer.

Happyrunr
12-02-2004, 04:10 AM

Poor Canada.

Hey- Minnesota is way cool! We have the arts, and Prince!!!!! We're movin' up in the world and goin' places- you just watch!

Happyrunr
12-02-2004, 04:19 AM
You had me at "hockey." :) But that list of entertainers was just sad. #2 entry was Conrad Bain! (Neil Young is enough to justify your existence.)

Wow, thanks! Any comparison to Canada is much appreciated. I Heart Canada.

Add Michal J Fox, Jason Priestly (yum), Thomas Cavanah from the old Ed sitcom (yummier), Matthew Perry (yummiest), John Candy, Dave Foley (celebrity poker) and Kids in the Hall, Tom Green (oops, sorry), Martin Short, Dan Akroid, Mike Meyers (Shrek!!), Jim Carrey, Leslie Nielsen (Naked Gun), Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion (oops again!), Rush, Sarah McLauglin (my favorite), Shania Twain, Wayne Gretzky, James Naismith (inventor of basketball!!!!!), Pamela Anderson........
I could go on and on.

Ace42
12-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Their TS Eliot

Hated America so much that he jumped ship, and his magnum opus (The Wasteland) was written in England about London.

Gazrock
12-02-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm still wondering why there is a need to offend Canadians over everyone else?

It's not like Panama, Guatamala or Honduras (or probably another 150 countries) have contributed alot to the world as we know it.
Not that they should be critisised to for it.

Why Canada?
Because it would get a rise out of people and start up another pointless debate?
Probably.

I also notice that Canada and Canadians get a lot of grief on American TV shows? Why?

Could it be that the same people critising it for no apparent reason are secretly jealous?
Like when you used to be nasty to the girl you liked when you were 9!

Qdrop
12-02-2004, 08:49 AM
all of these CAN vs U.S. threads amount to same fucking thing....
there should be separate "Frequent Post" section just the Politcal section.

"america is evil and imperialist!"

"yeah, well Canada has never done anything..."

"what?....canada has given the world <insert canadian actor, invention, writer, ect>"

"LOL, they suck.....America has given the world <insert the same here>"

"you're the great satan, the world hates YOU!"

"the world is just jealous"

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBL AHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

enough......

Helen_22
12-02-2004, 08:52 AM
*Dutch person enters thread*

Visits to US: about 5 i think
Visits to Canada: 3

Which country's better: Canada.

I'm looking for an apartment in Toronto right now.

(y)

Whois
12-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Why do you guys keep feeding the troll?

Qdrop
12-02-2004, 10:02 AM

who are you to decide who the trolls are?

i think you are a troll.....and people should stop feeding you.

but yeah, Paul Nice is being a complete idiot.....and comes off as someone with moderate education and no enlightenment.

Ace42
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM

Good point. Another inflammatory tosser on the shitlist.

synch
12-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Have been wondering since page 1.

Ah well, mysteries of the web.

synch
12-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Not really, but if the smart side of the thread posters stop paying attention to the troll it the thread dies.

Whois
12-02-2004, 11:03 AM
who are you to decide who the trolls are?

i think you are a troll.....and people should stop feeding you.

but yeah, Paul Nice is being a complete idiot.....and comes off as someone with moderate education and no enlightenment.

God made me Trollspotter(tm)

Thanks for proving my point one more time...ass.

Qdrop
12-02-2004, 11:12 AM

Thanks for proving my point one more time...ass.

sure thing...umm...pigfucker.

Whois....you need to get laid. badly.

Whois
12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
sure thing...umm...pigfucker.

Whois....you need to get laid. badly.

Wow...pigfucker...I'm all verklempt.

No, what I need is time in DC with a .50 cal and lots of ammo.

Ace42
12-02-2004, 11:37 AM

The trollspotter pursuivant.

Whois
12-02-2004, 11:43 AM
The trollspotter pursuivant.

Witchsmeller Pursuivant!

Percy: "Everyone's dying of the plague!"

Edmund: "Oh, yes, that's what they claim, those peasants! Any excuse to get off a decent day's work..."

Ace42
12-02-2004, 11:45 AM
I didn't expect anyone to get the reference, and within 5 mins, I get made to look a foo'.

I feel like Paul Nice.

LOL, ROFL, ROFLMAO, NASA, RSPCA, etc.

Whois
12-02-2004, 11:52 AM
I didn't expect anyone to get the reference, and within 5 mins, I get made to look a foo'.

I feel like Paul Nice.

LOL, ROFL, ROFLMAO, NASA, RSPCA, etc.

I have the complete Black Adder on DVD...WOOT!

Qdrop
12-02-2004, 11:53 AM
No, what I need is time in DC with a .50 cal and lots of ammo.

wow that's BANNING MATERIAL if i ever saw it.....

moderator? administrator?

keep it up...ummm.....ass.

Whois
12-02-2004, 12:31 PM
"The bullet is a mad thing, only the bayonet knows what it is about."
- Aleksandr V. Suvorov

NurfBallJeaneus
12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
My girlfriend is CRAZY!

Whois
12-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow...I'm still here Qdrip.

Maybe you should whine louder...

Qdrop
12-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Wow...I'm still here Qdrip.

Maybe you should whine louder...

i suppose i could forward that post to daisy, if you want......

Whois
12-03-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm solly...I seem to have put you back on ignore.

Try screaming louder...

Qdrop
12-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm solly...I seem to have put you back on ignore.

Try screaming louder...

is this why liberals lost the election?....due to COWARDICE?!?

gotta sit through 4 more years of this GOP.....then probably another 4 of some other GOP fuck.....
because you liberals are such spineless cowards.....
STAND UP AND DEBATE......!

Qdrop
12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
yeah maybe that's what happened.

Pollsters put the dems on ignore.

they didnt hear our votes.

true.....

Paul Nice
12-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Bump.

Documad
12-04-2004, 05:33 PM
That was lame! You are not "nice".

NurfBallJeaneus
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Canadians aren't so bad afterall.....

http://us.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/12/07/canada.tshirts.ap/index.html

Paul Nice
12-08-2004, 10:22 PM
http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL197/1344151/2555958/53085831.jpg

Rosie Cotton
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Paul, I have changed my mind about you. That last post showed a real depth and maturity, and it's quite refreshing.

Oh, I'm sorry. I apparently fell into an alternate universe. It was actually stupid and childish. My apologies.

olivier
12-08-2004, 10:41 PM
I think a lot of people would notice if Canada disappeared. It's pretty big.

The most intelligent thread. Everything else was crap.

Schmeltz
12-08-2004, 11:21 PM
http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images/micah_pointer.jpg

Frop
12-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Paul Nice and any other Americans should try coming to Fort Erie Canada for the Friendship Festival during the week of Canada Day & the 4th of July,

It is a HUGE party in the park right beside the Peace Bridge that connects Fort Erie Canada to Buffalo New York.

It is a celebration of the two best fuckin countries on earth, and all of its people.
the event is FREE, they have FREE concerts, Lots of beer and things that explode.

and the best part is that you never knbow who you are talking to when you are there,
you can learn alot about the people of both countries and if you have a beef with a certain country when you get there, then iam sure you will have a more positive outlook on that country by the time you leave there.

Check out the website: http://www.friendshipfestival.com