PDA

View Full Version : I just met AD Rock in Portland.

smutpdx
12-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I work at my vintage and retro furnishings store, which includes records and clothing. Adam Horovitz and his girlfriend from Le Tigre shopped around in my store for about 10-15 minutes, then upon leaving he turned around to thank me and wave goodbye, I finally looked up from my stupid online typing lessons and recognized immediately who he was. I jumped up to greet him and scurry around for something for him to sign. All my Beastie Boys CD's were in my car, of course, parked 4 blocks away. He was nice enough to sign Funkadelics "Cosmic Slop" and engage in small talk. He almost seemed suprised that I recognized him which prompted me to ask, "are you able to just get around without being spotted?" he replied,"Yes, All the time." He did seem totally unassuming and just like any other friendly guy, no flashy jewelery or adornments. We were wearing practically the same thing, thrift store coat, khakis. I fell lucky to have met him, it gave me a new perception of how famous people live, very much like the lot of us.
Thanks for reading, I just had to share my brush with greatness.

cj hood
12-01-2004, 11:59 AM
like i've posted before.......based on their 'street' appearance.......you'd never know they were millionaires......

bgirl1929
12-01-2004, 12:08 PM
congratulations......I would die

Holy Cow
12-01-2004, 12:20 PM
:)
Nice story

I wonder what he's doing in Portland...

alexandra
12-01-2004, 12:29 PM
yep, sounds like Adam. i bet they're all very down-to-earth.

Extra Cheese
12-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I wonder what he's doing in Portland...

i think thats where k. hanna is from.

sarahd
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
So jealous................... I can't imagine if that happened to me, I really don't know what I would say. Same thing happened when I ran into Adam Sandler at a Lakers game a few years back, total loss for words.

TrillionMillion
12-01-2004, 06:44 PM
that is so cool!

paulb
12-01-2004, 06:48 PM
when did u meet him? today, Dec 1st? hes not in europe yet?

timmie
12-01-2004, 09:30 PM
mmmmmm. the plot thickens....yer, he's not in Europe yet! maybe it was a look-a-like, like they have in this country(UK) of David Beckham & Posh Price! (spending all his money....gggrrrr.....kill her!).....sad people...GET A LIFE....sorry going off on one....... :mad:

pass_the_mic
12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
did you meet him on nov.22? because thats when le tigre was in town.
dammit i went to the le tigre on the twenty first, i bet he was there, i should have looked around for him.