PDA

View Full Version : Curious why don't they play Girls & Fight for your right more often

Danielle
12-01-2004, 11:22 PM
I was looking at setlist stats and how often songs were played on beastiemania.com and I was suprised that three of their most popular songs off Licensed to Ill were played so infrequently live....

"Girls" has only been played 1 time live
"Fight for your right" has only been played 13 times
"Brass Monkey" has been played 45 times, and before 2004 it had only been played 12 times live

This shocks me because Licensed to Ill was the cd that hooked me on the Beastie Boys when I first heard it when I was 12, and 8 years later Q101 in Chicago still plays all of these songs on a regular basis. Does anyone know why they have not performed these songs live that often?

paulb
12-01-2004, 11:33 PM
they dont have every setlist from those days.. FFYR was always played back in the day.. Girls i thought has never ever been played... all those songs are disrespectful to woman... and they dont wanna portray that kinda image.

kellmenow
12-02-2004, 06:01 AM
ditto... about the songs being disrespectful to women. but i do not think the boys are that interested in the image they portray when choosing not to play "girls" or "fight for your right", i think the fantastic thing about why they choose not to play those songs live anymore is because they do respect women a great deal. they are both great songs, but the beastie boys are greater. (y) (y) (y)

respectfully, the Boys have Entered thier Anarchistic State Towards Internal Excellence

tony the stoner
12-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Last time this question was asked, a few months ago I think, the answer was given as
The Beastie Boys can no longer relate to living with their parents and generally being a teenager so they dont play them anymore.

So which is it?

Just out of interest, are there any women on this board who dont like Fight for your right or Girls because they are disrespectfull? No didnt think so.

Most of you need to just calm down. I really like the Beastie Boys a lot of you are crazy.

PaddyBoy
12-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Last time this question was asked, a few months ago I think, the answer was given as
The Beastie Boys can no longer relate to living with their parents and generally being a teenager so they dont play them anymore.

So which is it?

Just out of interest, are there any women on this board who dont like Fight for your right or Girls because they are disrespectfull? No didnt think so.

Most of you need to just calm down. I really like the Beastie Boys a lot of you are crazy.

There are a few girls here who don't like those songs, definetley. Girls, in particular. Theres nothing offensive about FFYR.