***MMM intro***
Root down
Triple Trouble
Sureshot
MMM
Body movin'
So watcha want
Sabotage

Theres the setlist, this isn't really a review, but i want to read other peoples. This is the setlist i got from the sound-desk, arent i cool! Little tip for people going to wembley if you want setlist, there are two kept at sound-desk. Also when they play Intergalactic, you might wanna stand to the rear of the standing area, you'll see what i mean :cool:

Anyway, better than i ever expected as my first beastie experience, i hope they play reading next year, i reakon they will

PEACE

p.s. tehy stopped the show because a few people were crowd surfing and went on about how it was crap and old and for MTV. One of loudest applauses of the evening! haha

ad-rockin'
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM
cheers for the set list...i expect something very similar at wembley, maybe the odd change. So they had their instruments...damn, can't wait for sabotage!

what is the 1 and a half hour like between opening the doors and them performing? I can see myself racing to the front, standing bored for 90 minutes

alastairw_smith
12-06-2004, 06:23 PM
i wouldn't bother going that early mate, even though Manchester is much more well organised than Wembley and nicer (i'm a southerner you see, up here for uni). I would get there about 7.15 and you'll still be able to get very near the front. Get their for Talib though, he's the real deal!

What a great night, the camera work on the screens behind is really cool too! Everything really!

Ive edited the set list so the songs with the instruments and their two session musicians are in a different colour.

landos_dad
12-06-2004, 06:44 PM
It was great! Loved the camera setup with moving screens and the on-the-fly visual effects.

The band stand was funny as fook... truely great! Reminded me of them adverts in between progs on E4 :)

Excellent!

paulb
12-06-2004, 06:47 PM
very tight man.. glad u had a good time.

cheets
12-06-2004, 07:05 PM
just got back now, it was worth the wait of all those years. best gig i have ever been to even though it was an arena one.

i was standing and got to the front, the whole set up blew me away, best song was body movin and 3 mc's. mix master and money mark just added to the experience, glad i went, and im hoping they tour in the future.

the crowd surfing was bad, i mean i got hit in the face and nearly fell over with about 15 over people. there where a few lads who where just off there heads. it was like a mosh pit.

might post some of my pics from my camera phone.

:D :D :D :D :D

executiverocker
12-06-2004, 07:06 PM
yeah the gig was tight! just ended all too soon tho:(:(

ILLMIX
12-06-2004, 07:54 PM
wow .........Best Show ever!!!

This was my First beastie gig and i wasnt dissapointed, only by the few tall lads that were outta their faces behind me (i was right at the front sorta only one girl infront of me) but yeh back to the gig it was soooooooooo good, to the intro with MMM with the wig and his walk onto the stage to the little beat changes in sure shot and body movin!! best song of the night for me was Skills with So watcha want second. in terms of effort from the boys........somethings got to give was stella!!! and class instrumentals i wanted them to play rickys theme and sabrosa.
and of course the crowd went mental for Sabotage!!! :D

P.S sorry to the girl who was in front of me again, she must have been crushed, it was not my fault... :( and i was on the screen yay!!!

timmie
12-06-2004, 08:02 PM
I listened to it on Radio 1....they played triple trouble as there first track!! I was so looking forward to hearing RootDown......bloody editing......and they only played Sabotage!!!! as an instument band!! no gratitude!!..but hey! Im going to Wembly....Im going to Wembly!!!..Paul Revere sounded cool!!! and so did shake your rump which lasted about 5 mins...very good getting the crowd involved!!!...oh I cant wait until Wembley!!!....only a few hours away!
Im glad you guys in Manchester had a great time....do they sell those Adidas tops they wear???....or any cool baseball hats??
I've got x4 disposable camera's....at the front so when im done you'll all see them... :D :D :D

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Best. Night. Ever.

Full Stop :D

BTW - ILLMIX- i think i spotted you in your green adidas jacket! (y)

SILVERBEASTIE
12-07-2004, 02:41 AM
It blowed me away....This is the 3rd time I've seem them, first time with Run DMC, way back in the day, and although they've grown up, they still have as much energy. 2nd time was in NYC, shortly after 9/11, they were good then, but a little rusty. MMM was awesome, the guy is so important to the Boys. Great set, also good to see them break out the instruments. What pleased me the most was they played something from every album, something for everyone. I just hope this isn't the last we have seen of them live in this country. (y) (y) (y) (y)

Fishfood
12-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Stood front row, centre for most of the gig. Crushed ribs but well worth it to see that show.

One word - immense.

Taco Zip
12-07-2004, 03:49 AM
Stood front row, centre for most of the gig. Crushed ribs but well worth it to see that show.

One word - immense.

That's awesome. How long before doors opened were you there?

ksbn mthr fckr
12-07-2004, 03:49 AM
the beasties were quality last night

so was the support guy (can't spell his name so aint even gonna try!), i was well suprised with how good he was

RICHARDAGNEW
12-07-2004, 04:01 AM
BEST SONGS WERE ROOT DOWN AND SABATAGE WHCIH WAS: "THE LAST SONG, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF A SHOW - YOU PLAY THE LAST SONG" - CLASSIC ADROCK LINE.

ALSO LOVED THE DANCIN OF MR DIAMOND AND MONEY MARKS ATTEMPT AT A HAND STAND ON HIS KEYBOARD.

:D

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 04:03 AM
"THE LAST SONG, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF A SHOW - YOU PLAY THE LAST SONG" - CLASSIC ADROCK LINE.

(y)

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 04:11 AM
Did anyone notice many people dressed up? I only saw a few - a group decked out in pirate gear and some right at the front in full Intergalactic ensemble! (y) I shudder to think how sweaty their hands were in those yellow rubber gloves.

Shona S
12-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Morning Everyone.

You're all not gonna be pleased with me, but I thought the Boys were a little 'rough' - to put it politely. I've seen them 4 times on 3 tours over 10 years, and am a massive fan, but thought they lacked a little professionalism (?). They still had all the energy and played the tunes we all wanted, but they stopped loads of tunes short and when AdRock stopped So Whatcha Want for the crowd surfing (fair enough) they couldn't really get the tune back and then sacked it off early. They seemed to forget lyrics and a couple of tunes seemed out of time (Mike D was looking a little concerned in the middle 'lounge' bit at times). They seemed a bit pissed off that the crowd took a while to warm up (AdRocks comment 'Is there anybody out there?')......but all in all it WAS MEGA and I had a wicked time and danced and jumped around all night! I could watch them everyday, and a slightly unpolished performance by the Beastie Boys is still a zillion times better than half the crap in the charts. Mix Master Mike was a star and it was cool to see Money Mark being so enthusiastic at the end (he nearly toppled over his keyboard during Sabotage!)

Maybe they hadn't rehearsed much before hand and it is the beginning of the tour. Not quite a perfect 10....but pretty close!! Also wanted to know why we didn't get the performing Dog Troup that were the support in the States.....what would've been wicked!

discopants
12-07-2004, 04:18 AM

One word - immense.

Same thing, I spent most of it trying to stay on my feet.
The best bit was when I calmed down and Mike was stood singing on a box and I thought "Christ- I'm within 15 foot of Mike Diamond!!!"

b0Z
12-07-2004, 04:24 AM
it was just fucking great. (y)

thats all i have to say right now

Taco Zip
12-07-2004, 04:46 AM
The concert is on the hub.

jambon
12-07-2004, 05:49 AM
hey there,i was dressed up as a pirate, i was the one with the sword, yeah. i'm sorry for crowd surfing, i hadn't done it before and after i could see that it wasn't exactly fun for other people i decided i'm not doing it again. all four pirates had to cr5owd surf in the same song though. please forgive me, it was around the time of shake your rump, before they stopped so whatcha want. yeh thanks anyway, had an ace time, hats off to the show, so much going on.

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Great review, Miramanee. I think you summed everything up quite well. You reminded me about the toilet roll! :D

I was in the front seats just behind the pageant pit - you lucky devil!

I agree with the BBoys stopping the show for a minute or two to sort out the rowdy lot down the front. From where i was it looked pretty harsh - i saw one poor bloke getting dragged out of there virtually unconcious. (n)

Other than that - awesome show!

ILLMIX
12-07-2004, 06:51 AM
BTW - ILLMIX- i think i spotted you in your green adidas jacket! ------yeh, i was wearing it with grey, blue stripe addidas bottoms and shoes. i also had a old skool black Bboys t-shirt on (check your head era).(i'm the one who wanted 26 songs) :p

I can't beleive people didn't know Paul revere!!!! my head kept on hitting one of the little intergalactic dudes helmet which hurt. Also to the girl who dressed as a cowgirl was it true that your hat cost £70!!!good paegentry (y) plus you survided all night without getting lifted off. my mate did his best not to crush you but the guy behind him was a lot bigger then him and probably squashed both of you. (n) hey but you got the setlist!!! :eek:

i would have loved it if Adrock threw me his guitar :rolleyes:

JustXCallum
12-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Its funny how Beastie Boys now frown upon stage diving since they became a Arena group, seeing as when they used to play normal shows theyd jump into the crowd themselves.

Good show, was tired from Madball the night before like, they should have played Pass The Mic.

camo
12-07-2004, 07:07 AM
they did brassmonkey. need i say more? :D

MikeyM
12-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Hi folks, I thought the Beasties rocked, I loved the back flip guy, bless his nun-chucks!! :p

I was lucky enough to be the guy that distracted Adrock to the point of forgetting what his next line was, it must have been my homemade goggles (fashioned with my left and right hands)
and cheeky winks that put him off..........

But yeh I thought they were very good, btw the two ladies trying to swap those 3 seated tickets for my two standing I hope you managed to get down to the floor because a friend of mine managed to get a pink wristband when one of the idiots dropped a load, I thought it was funny when that guy got carried away in a subconscious state, go hard or go home! :D

Though I did feel for some small girl who fell down for a long while, crazy but top night........................... Heyyy Adrock! ;)

splatter-house
12-07-2004, 07:24 AM

Taco, is this the BBC broadcast or the full concert?

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 07:25 AM
I thought it was funny when that guy got carried away in a subconscious state, go hard or go home! :D

Tut tut.... ;)

ShiggarFraggar
12-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Fecking awesome.

I am sure we passed their tour bus on the M6 on their way down south.

Hey guys, if your reading, we were the ones that blasted the car horn at approx midnight.

Tight set, but I must say that MMM made the night for me.

SF

bobroberts
12-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Never thought i'd see Mix Master Mike mix faster! Waited a long time to see the BBoys live. Worth the wait tight,funky and all so good :D

So how much is a ticket to Osaka then?

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 07:37 AM
So how much is a ticket to Osaka then?

I actually have a friend who lives in Osaka.

Place to stay - check

Now, how the bloody hell do i get there? ;)

MikeyM
12-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Sorry Rose I just thought he was pissed until I actually thought about which direction he came from and the mental moshing that was taking place there, ahh well he should be built for impact then :rolleyes:

I didnt see anyone get hit with a full bottle of water but the half full plastic pint pot of Stella on the head of one guy was greated with laughter, even he thought it was funny (y)

How good was mix master!!! I was loving it, though it was funny when he lost an LP mid track, and that cool camera giving the matix style shots, I really dont think you could have asked for more....apart from maybe the poodles jumping through the hoops that the yanks got :p

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Sorry Rose I just thought he was pissed until I actually thought about which direction he came from and the mental moshing that was taking place there, ahh well he should be built for impact then :rolleyes:

No need to apologise, i was only messing. :) I just felt sorry for the poor guy. I think i saw that person getting clonked on the head with a pint of lager - i myself got soaked at the end by some kind person a couple of rows behind me. All part of the experience. (y)

alastairw_smith
12-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Fecking awesome.

I am sure we passed their tour bus on the M6 on their way down south.

Hey guys, if your reading, we were the ones that blasted the car horn at approx midnight.

Tight set, but I must say that MMM made the night for me.

SF

did they have a tour bus? alot of the big bands these days don't have them and stay in hotels and get limo service live in people carriers etc.

if they did, cool, was an awesome show

Shona S
12-07-2004, 08:20 AM
did they have a tour bus? alot of the big bands these days don't have them and stay in hotels and get limo service live in people carriers etc.

if they did, cool, was an awesome show

Did you not see the bus behind the stage at the end, ready for them to run off straight down to London? And they did.

Laver1969
12-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Great review Miramanee. I wish is could have been there with ya!!!

Parkey
12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
------yeh, i was wearing it with blue stripe addidas jacket and shoes. i also had a old skool black Bboys t-shirt on.(i'm the one who wanted 26 songs) :p

I can't beleive people didn't know Paul revere!!!! my head kept on hitting one of the little intergalactic dudes helmet which hurt. Also to the girl who dressed as a cowgirl (sorta) was it true that your hat cost £70!!!good paegentry (y) plus you survided all night without getting lifted off. my mate did his best not to crush you but the guy behind him was a lot bigger then him and probably squashed both of you. (n)

Shit man! I was right near you stood outside waiting to get in. I didn't have the guts to come up and say hello in case it wasn't you. I had a space invaders jumper on, jeans and a pair of green and blue nikes.

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Shit man! I was right near you stood outside waiting to get in. I didn't have the guts to come up and say hello in case it wasn't you. I had a space invaders jumper on, jeans and a pair of green and blue nikes.

:o I was the same!

Parkey
12-07-2004, 08:40 AM
:o I was the same!
Ha! Aren't we the stereotypical Brits.

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Ha! Aren't we the stereotypical Brits.

Indeedy! :)

or maybe i'm just shy... ;)

Parkey
12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Indeedy! :)

or maybe i'm just shy... ;)
What were you wearing? Maybe I saw you too!

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 08:49 AM
What were you wearing? Maybe I saw you too!

Jeans, White/green velcro adidas, bright red coat :o

Parkey
12-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Jeans, White/green velcro adidas, bright red coat :o
I reckon I saw you too... We should have ahd this chat before the gig!

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
I reckon I saw you too... We should have ahd this chat before the gig!

:D It's weird isn't it? I bet we both saw loads of people off this board in those thousands of people...but just didn't know it!

Were you seated or standing?

Funkjazztical
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Does anyone have any way of downloading the gig so it can be burnt a CD and savoured for all eternity? It rocked. I was dressed in a boiler suit along with two other lads in exactly the same outfits.

Parkey
12-07-2004, 09:05 AM
:D It's weird isn't it? I bet we both saw loads of people off this board in those thousands of people...but just didn't know it!

Were you seated or standing?
I was standing, about midway between the sound booth and the stage.

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 09:09 AM
I was standing, about midway between the sound booth and the stage.

I was seated (although to be fair i spent about 2 minutes with my bottom actually on that seat :) ) I was block 102, right behind the lucky b****** pit - sorry Pageant Pit!, 8 rows back. We had a great view.

bug1408
12-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Does anyone have any way of downloading the gig so it can be burnt a CD and savoured for all eternity? It rocked.

I just tried recording it from the website but it came out all mushy sounding, hopefully someone will have a good FM quality version out there somewhere.

viper_6483
12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
amazing oh my god!! MMM is a god, good to see them throwin in some other records too givin them the bboys feel. shame they dont like liveprool anymore :-s but MEN is a cool arena.
To the fat guy who tried to ruin my night unlucky mate didnt even notice you and your fat mate, if it hadnt of been beastie boys night you would of been floored!!
hope that fat man didnt ruin anyone elses night, theres always one isnt there!!

i was seating so got some good pics, gonna sort them out tonight. (y)

peace

Taco Zip
12-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Taco, is this the BBC broadcast or the full concert?

The bbc one.

Parkey
12-07-2004, 09:28 AM
I was seated (although to be fair i spent about 2 minutes with my bottom actually on that seat :) ) I was block 102, right behind the lucky b****** pit - sorry Pageant Pit!, 8 rows back. We had a great view.
Who was in the Pageant Pit?

Parkey
12-07-2004, 09:30 AM
By the way, has anybody had a go with the free Beastie Boys graffiti stencils they gave out yet?

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Who was in the Pageant Pit?

Miramanee from the board said she got in there earlier. Not sure who else...usually competition winners and the like. There were only about 15 or so people in there.

Parkey
12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Miramanee from the board said she got in there earlier. Not sure who else...usually competition winners and the like. There were only about 15 or so people in there.
Where was it? I didn't even see it...

b0Z
12-07-2004, 09:40 AM
hey there,i was dressed up as a pirate, i was the one with the sword, yeah. i'm sorry for crowd surfing, i hadn't done it before and after i could see that it wasn't exactly fun for other people i decided i'm not doing it again. all four pirates had to cr5owd surf in the same song though. please forgive me, it was around the time of shake your rump, before they stopped so whatcha want. yeh thanks anyway, had an ace time, hats off to the show, so much going on.

yeh, you guys were standing behind me and 2 of my friends before talib came out. we had some popcorn. (y)

Yorkshire~Rose
12-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Where was it? I didn't even see it...

Right next to the stage on the left hand side - within touching distance if it took your fancy. There could have been one on the right too, but i couldn't crane my neck that far. :)

Fishfood
12-07-2004, 09:44 AM
My friend and I were the first ones on the floor and got front & center spot against the barrier. (It pays to have a friend who knows the venue intimately.) Maybe you were next to us, Fishfood? I was, umm, the American in the crowd. :D I didn't see/hear any fellow Yanks, except for the band and crew.

I was talking to an American so it was probas me next to you. I was wearing an orange cap. Mentioned Dizzee Rascal.

Nice review btw.

b0Z
12-07-2004, 09:47 AM

if anyone can hear someone shout "netty's girl" it was me

viper_6483
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
anyone know what decks mix master uses? (!)

b0Z
12-07-2004, 09:56 AM
who else noticed mca repeating the same verse in rrnn?

i went to get a loan and they asked my race...

ILLMIX
12-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Parkey man i was thinkin you gotta be sumwhere but i didnt know what u were wearing? :confused:
I did ask a few people if they were from the board and two other people i talked to were on here but i forgot their screen names.

My friend and I were the first ones on the floor and got front & center spot against the barrier. (It pays to have a friend who knows the venue intimately.) Maybe you were next to us, Fishfood? I was, umm, the American in the crowd. I didn't see/hear any fellow Yanks, except for the band and crew. ....where were u cus i was at the centre?? just infront of the matrix camera thing↕↕ :) did u see me at all?

fouronethirty
12-07-2004, 09:59 AM
well, having seen some of the greatest pioneers in hip-hop last night - it was a huge shame to see the whole audience pretty much dead for talib kweli's set - easily one of the greatest emcees not only of our time but ever.

quote from some stupid little kerrang! tv watching fuck behind me:

"well, that was shit - everything sounded exactley the same but i guess that's all rap is"

so to that lad and his mates - you ignorant little cunts - while kweli was giving a 110% performance you spent your time jumping up and down like twats seeing if you could see your head on the screen. *shakes head*

then what happened? after a dead audience - everyone thought it'd be a good idea to start a huge pit? let me say me, my girlfriend and two of my mates were on the second row from the front slap bang in the middle - we'd been waiting at the M.E.N since 5pm to then have a bunch of wankers knock the first 20 rows down to the floor? fucks' sake - i was quite literally strangled none of us could breathe and it basically pissed on watching a rare gig of one of the worlds greatest acts ... so fuck you very much to those guys.

other than that though it was an awesome set - so glad they played a load of the instrumentals from ill communication - it shon through how versatile and talented they are to all the kiddie's who thought check it out was their first single.

and oh yeah - i got on the screen, suckers! if only i could go back in time and i'd've scorn every one of you mosh-pit tossers! haha![/COLOR]
peace. -T.[/COLOR]

fouronethirty
12-07-2004, 10:04 AM
p.s - i was the dude in the yellow cap who asked for q-tip to come down and play get it together with them...

p.p.s - i got a load of cd quality tracks from the night and some dope photos

b0Z
12-07-2004, 10:07 AM
yeh, talib kweli was awesome, the black star track he did blew me away.

i've only recently found out about him and i think that was the same for at least half of the audience, but where i was standing there was alot of positive reaction and he got pretty big cheers at the end.

theres always gonna be dickheads in the crowd, i wouldnt let what one prick said in the audience bother me

fouronethirty
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM

10 points for that one. you were probably one of the people who put a downer on our night. luckily i thought they were tight as hell which made up for it.

robo-giraffe
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
who else noticed mca repeating the same verse in rrnn?

i went to get a loan and they asked my race...
Ah! I thought I was imagining things! Love that verse though so it's all good.

I ended up NOT wearing my crummy magician outfit (I was wearing brown cords, a Bert and Ernie tee and a brown coat with a blue hoody - also had a nice black hat but it's a bit big and hefty and makes me look like I belong in that Beck video for Devil's Haircut, so I didn't wear it much), although I did have the costume in my bag, so that was embarassing explaining it to the guy who checked it. They didn't frisk me though, so I felt well left out and could've had a gun! :eek:

First real live band experience and possibly the greatest night of my life! I usually hate to dance but I danced like a total gimp in spite of myself because it was so much damn fun. The guys sitting next to us were cool too, so that was a plus - although when Adrock started Paul Revere one of them started to do 3 MCs by accident (think he was defo waiting for that song in particular!), and I got all worried because not many people seemed to recognise it very quickly and my voice is too quiet to make an impression! (although I got back to the car in time to hear what I'm sure is me screaming proper loud at the end of Sabotage :D )

I tried to sing along to Paul Revere (I know all the words!), but since no-one else near me was I was waaaay too shy to. I at least mouthed along and sang MCA's bits, and when no-one really sang along at first I shouted "It's Paul Revere!!" dead loud.

Favourite track was either Skills To Pay The Bills or Body Movin', but I was well impressed with the substitution of Manhattan with Manchester in Super Disco Breakin' - what are the odds?! ;)
Bestest bits were Adrock starting to sing on his own at the end about how everyone in the audience was beautiful ("most of them anyway") and them stopping halfway through So What'cha Want to tell people to stop climbing on each other and to explain that "we're here to party together" - we didn't go to a Beastie Boys gig we partied with them!

My friend Tash wasn't a big fan before the show but I've had to lend her some CDs now and she demands that I call her (The Queen) Tashrock. (y)

Oh, and mad props to the peeps I spotted in standing who were dressed to impress - at the mo all I can really remember is the people in the Intergalactic suits and a pirate, but I know I saw more. Quite a few people in ultra cool green adidas tracksuits, was gonna go and buy one quickly before the show after I saw someone with one a few hours before hand (we were waiting outside for ages - and we were sitting anyway!).

...and apologies if a weird ginger kid was staring at anyone, just there was a guy I saw before the gig when I was waiting to get in who looked like Mike D!

p.s. Loved Talib - hearing someone rap about The Happy Mondays is surreal enough, then he samples Eleanor Rigby?! (y) :D Felt sorry for him though because loads of people were still coming in during his set...
p.p.s. Who was wearing the "showercap beret"? The lucky bugger - if that won't get you remembered I don't know what will!

fouronethirty
12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
yeh, talib kweli was awesome, the black star track he did blew me away.

i've only recently found out about him and i think that was the same for at least half of the audience, but where i was standing there was alot of positive reaction and he got pretty big cheers at the end.

theres always gonna be dickheads in the crowd, i wouldnt let what one prick said in the audience bother me

yeh fair do's man - i just get bugged when people just use a gig as an excuse to act like pricks. it was easily one of / if not the best gig i've been to i reckon. so i was smiling. :D

http://4130.deviantart.com/gallery - if you wanna check out my photos. and to anyone else - they're copywritten so don't be naughty! :)

fouronethirty
12-07-2004, 10:16 AM
p.s. Loved Talib - hearing someone rap about The Happy Mondays is surreal enough, then he samples Eleanor Rigby?! (y) :D Felt sorry for him though because loads of people were still coming in during his set...
p.p.s. Who was wearing the "showercap beret"? The lucky bugger - if that won't get you remembered I don't know what will!

yeh man i remember that - it was a huge manchester based freestyle - he namechecked joy division, new order, manchester united and a whole load more in there...

as for "lonely people" im glad he played it - he wasnt allowed to release it due to the sample - on the downside he didnt play "peace of mind" :(

but he bumped "the blast" which is easily one of the finest hip-hop tunes ever

anyone know if the DJ was hi-tek? couldnt tell - and if it was - he didnt do his verse during the blast...

Fishfood
12-07-2004, 10:22 AM
yeh man i remember that - it was a huge manchester based freestyle - he namechecked joy division, new order, manchester united and a whole load more in there...

as for "lonely people" im glad he played it - he wasnt allowed to release it due to the sample - on the downside he didnt play "peace of mind" :(

anyone know if the DJ was hi-tek? couldnt tell - and if it was - he didnt do his verse during the blast...

I'm pretty certain it was Hi Tek. Talib's set was brilliant and I definately felt a lot of people got into it.

cheets
12-07-2004, 10:42 AM
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb1.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb2.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb3.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb4.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb5.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb6.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb7.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb8.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb9.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb10.jpg
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb11.jpg BEST ONE did any else notice the tags still on there jeans
http://www.cheets.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb12.jpg

wooo, some good pics and so bad ones

executiverocker
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
i was wearing my cheapy black blazer jacket thing an i was pissed in manchester in the afternoon and fell into a lamppost that had just been painted grey! jacket RUINED hahhaa

executiverocker
12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
btw, http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/stevelamacq/index.shtml now online

camo
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
i had a pink tshirt on, did anyone see me?

alexandra
12-07-2004, 11:04 AM
i had a pink tshirt on, did anyone see me?
nice seeing your posts again. (y)

splatter-house
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
p.s - i was the dude in the yellow cap who asked for q-tip to come down and play get it together with them...

Wow, I remember you! The crowd cheered when you mentioned that. It's amazing being able to speak to people who were there...

p.p.s - i got a load of cd quality tracks from the night and some dope photos

For real? Did you get the whole show?

Jeni
12-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Well I agree with a lot that's been said.

I was at the barrier, more or less in the centre (maybe a bit to the left). We got to the MEN about 5ish, then queued for what felt like an age to get in the standing bit. Me and my mate stood chatting to some guys (he came from Bradford, all I know). Chatted about random crap like Timmy Mallet e.t.c (if you're here say hi!).

Talib Kweli was on for about 40 minutes, maybe. I wasn't into him at first, but he impressed me live, I don't think the crowd where very impressed, but you're gonna get that with support acts.

The set list was top notch, a fantastic mixture, and the video feed from the start was ace, where it started in the dressing room with the band then MMM coming to the stage. Loved the touch with the trophy, and the video clips. It seems that everyone who was stood round me got on it. Saw the Intergalatic people (one came out) and the pirates where stood a bit behind me. (I was the girl with the brown hair, glasses, and the black and white New York City top on).

When the Beasties first came on, the barrier wasn't so squashed, but more and more people started surging forward, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, I can usually handle it but it just took the piss. They where in the middle of So Whatya Want when the crowdsurfers came over, and that's when they stopped. All of them landed right on my head, i sunk and blacked out out for a couple of seconds, got up, and got on with it. It wasn't nice, stupid place to stand I know, but come on. Ended up with one of my infamous panic attacks at the end, but that's enough of my moaning!

they played triple trouble as there first track!! I was so looking forward to hearing RootDown......bloody editing......and they only played Sabotage!!!! as an instument band!! no gratitude!!..but hey! Im going to Wembly....Im going to Wembly!!!..Paul Revere sounded cool!!! and so did shake your rump which lasted about 5 mins...

Check the setlist Timmie, they started with Root Down, Radio One fuck the setlist up due to time restraints, editing, continuity, e.t.c. I have to agree, Paul Revere was ace! Also enjoyed Skills To Pay The Bills (listening to it now, from the recording). And of course Sabotage, which took a bit of building up to get to! I think Intergalatic was great, for the first couple of seconds the film crew wern't covering it, I was like, eh?! Then the screen lit up, who was expecting that?!

Pissed off that I couldn't get a shirt or whatever at the end, I was in the first aid and by the time we got out the concourse was shut, oh, well, ebay I think it is!

If you're going to see them hope you all have a good night, and keep safe!!

_sabrosa_
12-07-2004, 12:47 PM
The show was amazing last nite, best live music ive wathced ever. I had seating tickets, but jumped the barrier, and managed to get rite to the front, about two rows from the stage. I was loving the instrumental bits, Ad-rock looked a bit wasted as he cracked out the old waa-waa pedal. Was great tho, really was :)
I also appeared on the screen, think i was on about how my mate sold his kidney to get a ticket lol (whihc isnt true lol) and i had some cool red sun glasses on. I thort the crow was pretty fun, adds to the experience, i've been to worse..

reubenb46
12-07-2004, 01:28 PM
yo yo yo i was wearing my very stylish black jacket with a masking tape VW sing on the back (which i prepared on the bus to manchester :)). it was an absoloutly amazing night. me and my mate were in the seating blok 104 which was quite disappointing because we were dyin to jump the barrier but thort we would get caught and thrown out completely! next tour we will get standing tickets no problem ;) i seen the intergalactic guys, the pirates, the sabotage guys, the chiken and rabbits, and the jumpsuits!!!

BEST BITS

*the beginning of intergalactic (the lights were amazing :D)
*mix masters vinal bending
*the make up room warm up for mix master
*sabotage crescendo
*surprising appearance in the center sound station

the best fukin gig ive ever been to... :D :) :D :) :D

btw is there any bootlegs aside from the bbc one??????

Beetlebum
12-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Did anyone see my friends 1980s Together Forever tour t-shirt with Run DMC(signed by the Boys aswell).The older tunes didnt get as big cheers as usual but i guess they are attracting alot on new fans now,probably why not so many people dressed up or were wearing old t-shirts.The mosh pit situation has been totally blown out of proportion.We we standing about seven rows back and it was easy to join in or get out when you wanted.To the person complaining because his drink was getting spilt at the opener Root Down,dont stand at the front during a Beasties gig if you want a quiet pint!The instrumental section was top,lots of bass that shook the Arena and groovy lights!
The set list was a good variation and im sure the most ardent fan cannot recite every lyric so we can excuse them for that.The BBoys have still got it and lets hope they return soon.

Parkey
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Was the switching on of the main lights during Gratitude a mistake?

Matt.D
12-07-2004, 02:15 PM
^^^ I don't think so... they said they wanted it to be 'intimate' ;)

Matt.D
12-07-2004, 02:22 PM
EDIT> I'll post later

Jadge Fucking 1
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
I was there in a leather jacket and yellow 3D specs. If you saw me tell the world how good I looked.

swalker
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Did anyone see my friends 1980s Together Forever tour t-shirt with Run DMC(signed by the Boys aswell).

i spotted him walkin past the bar on the concourse near block 114, pointed it out to my mate, didnt notice the signatures though!!

Ive ripped the bbc set & have it on soul seek if anyones interested also got a DJ Green Lantern Beasties Megamix, both are at 128kbps.

username : stevewal

hotzappa11
12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=51822719&cdi=0

anyone see that, look at security trying to get the crowd in order. there is a few pics on gettyimages.com

b0Z
12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
yeh fair do's man - i just get bugged when people just use a gig as an excuse to act like pricks. it was easily one of / if not the best gig i've been to i reckon. so i was smiling. :D

http://4130.deviantart.com/gallery - if you wanna check out my photos. and to anyone else - they're copywritten so don't be naughty! :)

yeh i know what you mean though man

it was such a fucking great gig

chimp_deluxe
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
i was at manchester, i thought i was rad. twas a bit disapointed that i couldnt get standing tickets, but my seat was next to the aisle, so it was ok as i had a bit more space to get my game on. and on another note why did you que up so early to get in??? i was still asleep in liverpool when some people were queing up!!! from experiance it doesnt get you any nearer to the front either (big elbows does!!!)

talib was cool, i liked the freestyle over 'get em' high' by kanye west, but he should have stuck with the heavy tracks as he did some mellow ones at the end of the set and it was a bit boring compaired to the rest of his set.

But the beasties...man, they were awesome. i cant complain about anything, apart from the lack of people in my block (107) wanting to dance?!?! it was a party for crying out loud, but it was one of the best gigs ive been to...

highlights were...root down (the bassline :eek: ), the bangra beat over sure shot, those stupid video clips (ACE!!! (y) ), SKILL TO PAY THE BILLS!!!, mix master mikes performance (as i watched the $2 bill gig on mtv that night and HE WAS SLOPPY!!!, so im glad he was on his game tonight). the ill comuntcation instumentals, super disco breaking (i forgot how much i liked this song) and the whole encore...plus my train being under the arena so i didnt have to walk anywhere.

top night!!!

tpk
12-07-2004, 06:49 PM

anyone know if the DJ was hi-tek? couldnt tell - and if it was - he didnt do his verse during the blast...dj chaps is supporting kweli for the tour and has been for the last few years basically. apparently hi-tek is rather sitting behind the boards mixing than doing shows which i believe is the major reason why he isn't supporting kweli live.

mango
12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
------yeh, i was wearing it with grey, blue stripe addidas bottoms and shoes. i also had a old skool black Bboys t-shirt on (check your head era).(i'm the one who wanted 26 songs) :p

I can't beleive people didn't know Paul revere!!!! my head kept on hitting one of the little intergalactic dudes helmet which hurt. Also to the girl who dressed as a cowgirl was it true that your hat cost £70!!!good paegentry (y) plus you survided all night without getting lifted off. my mate did his best not to crush you but the guy behind him was a lot bigger then him and probably squashed both of you. (n) hey but you got the setlist!!! :eek:

i would have loved it if Adrock threw me his guitar :rolleyes:

Hi! I remember you and admiring your t-shirt before we went in. Yeah, the crush at the barriers was really tight! It wasn't your mates fault. The security guy asked me if I wanted to get out, really glad I stayed in though. My friend Diane says don't worry, it's no problem about the pushing :) And yeah, I did pay that much for the hat! I can always console myself in the knowledge it's an original 70's Miss Dior :rolleyes: My jaw dropped when they came on stage. One of the highlights for me was when Adrock looked right at me and my friend and bent down and tipped his hat to us during the line, 'The beat was a bumping and the ladies was hot'. SHIT!! I'll never forget that. Mix Master Mike was amazing! I had 3 MC's and 1 DJ in my head all the way home. It was fantastic seeing Mike D dancing, in person :D He looked really nice when they had a joke about something, smiling... and the part with instruments and lighted float was wonderful.
Hello also to the two friendly lads were were queued up and at the front with with :D

camo
12-08-2004, 03:13 AM

ive been hiding them from you! :rolleyes:

camo
12-08-2004, 03:15 AM

discopants
12-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Does anyone have any way of downloading the gig so it can be burnt a CD and savoured for all eternity? It rocked. I was dressed in a boiler suit along with two other lads in exactly the same outfits.

Did I see you running for the train?

discopants
12-08-2004, 03:39 AM
I actually have a problem. After being in the presence of my Gods, where does my life go from here?

Matt.D
12-08-2004, 05:05 AM
EDIT> Sorry guys, I keep trying to post links to my pics, but they're not working :(

MojoPin
12-08-2004, 06:19 AM
hi,

another annoying guy who was at manchester and is wondering where he can get hold of a recording of the gig? :confused:

it was EXCELLENT. soooooooooooo great. just don't want to wait another 6 years this time!!!! come back soon!!! :)

b0Z
12-08-2004, 06:25 AM
search for threads regarding "THE HUB" its on there

alexandra
12-08-2004, 07:40 AM
you're a good hider, i haven't seen your posts since 6th august. :rolleyes:

robo-giraffe
12-08-2004, 08:04 AM
I actually have a problem. After being in the presence of my Gods, where does my life go from here?
Yep, I actually came close to tears yesterday when I thought about it and realised that my life won't ever be as perfect as it was on the 6th ever again.

camo
12-08-2004, 09:20 AM
you're a good hider, i haven't seen your posts since 6th august. :rolleyes:

sasquatch stole them

im_country_mike
12-08-2004, 09:25 AM
WOW! what a nite! me and my sister were rite at the front, well happy they played lighten up :)
the crowd were safe!
Mike D...love those glasses, u work em (y)

Parkey
12-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Highlight of the show was Ad-Rocks bumbling 4 minute banter at the end before Sabotage. Very funny.

Moorish
12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
I really enjoyed it. We had standing tickets but stood towards the back of the crowd where it wasn't as squashed. I wanted to make a move towards the front but in the end we didn't bother.

We got there really, really late due to getting lost several times on the way up to Manchester. Getting into Manchester city centre was a nightmare as was finding our hotel, which was only 5mins from the MEN Arena!

When we got in we'd missed Kweli, which was a shame. Saw all of the Beasties gig which I really enjoyed. My fave part was probably the intstumental stuff actually, I loved the cheesey stage and MCA's funky shades! I love The In Sound From Way out and was kinda gutted when I heard there'd be no instrumentals on TT5B.

The Intergalactic thing was cool - didn't expect them to do that over here. Was funny turning round and a lot of the crowd not realising what we were all looking at.

Dissapointed they didn't do the video pose prior to 3MCs :D . Loving AdRock's goofy dancing though!

I also noticed MCA repeating his verse in RRNN - odd!

Mix Master Mike was flat out AWESOME. I wish he'd played some solo gigs while out here. Please do a tour in the UK MMM!

First arena gig I've been to and it was good but I thought the atmosphere was lacking a bit. The crowd didn't seem as up for it as I expected which was a shame. Would have preferred a smaller all-standing venue but with an act the size of the Beasties I suppose it isn't really practical or profitable.

tomsanderson86
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
That concert was the best and I've seen AC/DC at Milton Keynes bowl!!

I waited so long for it..I was not disappointed. All the lines you've sang over and over in your bedroom or in my case with your gf/friends were delivered and enjoyed just like I wanted them to be

They did mess up a few times and shouldn't have gone on the mixing desk for integalactic (MCA on 'Right right now now...) they completely rocked the joint. (speaking of 'joint' the place was completely weeded out) I think 'Right right now now' (Have an excellent video of the 'Well I'm a funky ass Jew...' bit) 'The move' and 'Root down' were among the best songs.

The dancing and interaction from Mike D and Ad Rock was top class and I think MCA was being a bit too sensible.

The crowd were really having a good time and my girlfriend (who is about 5'5, prim and proper but was moshing and grooving with the best of them) seemed the only young folk who knew the likes of gratitude and Brass monkey.

I was stood next two pirates who were quite a laugh...we have some excellent photos which I'd be happy to share.

Please come back Beasties and hurry up with another album...

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks that Ad Rock was possibly pilled up on E, it was hilarious the gurning he was doing at the front of the stage twisting his mic in anticipation.

11 out of 10.

PLEASE COME BACK

p.p.s. at the time of this post I was most probably getting down to 'Sure shot'

Beer_MonsterUK
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM

i saw you dude!!!.......when they pulled you out, the security bloke had to half drag you down the moat because you were jibbering so much. i asked our doris if she thought that you could sort us out with whatever you were doing, coz it looked like good shit. :cool:

Totto
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi - just looking at what people had to say about the gig, definetely the best gig I've been to!

Been waiting a good 10 years to see them, and they didn't disappoint. Was right down the front for most of it, but I had a tip off about the Intergalactic at the back so as they went off, I made my way to the back with people shouting at me "where are you going, they'll come back in a second!".

Made it to the back in time to stand within arms length of them for intergalactic, and got some great photos on my phone.

Can't wait to do it again!!

tomsanderson86
12-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Hi - just looking at what people had to say about the gig, definetely the best gig I've been to!

Been waiting a good 10 years to see them, and they didn't disappoint. Was right down the front for most of it, but I had a tip off about the Intergalactic at the back so as they went off, I made my way to the back with people shouting at me "where are you going, they'll come back in a second!".

Made it to the back in time to stand within arms length of them for intergalactic, and got some great photos on my phone.

Can't wait to do it again!!

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

just kidding :D

Parkey
12-09-2004, 09:06 AM
I just remembered Ad Rock's touching cover of 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilaria(?). Quality.

Parkey
12-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Something else I remembered, which might possibly be heard on the BBC recording (I haven't listened to it yet), is Horovitz giving a shout out to a guy who was wearing an oxygen mask as his pageant gear. Horovitz said something about getting high with him and laughed like it was cool to get high. (n) I wonder if Horovitz is aware that a lot of fans think he's doing that kind of shit today.
I remember that. he said he was going to get some crazy glue them meet him out back afterwards to get high :D

funkycains
12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Missed Talib Kweli, only caught last 10 mins. Anyone reckon they started too early and so it was over by 10.30! not even up to 12. Open letter to NYC, Brass Monkey, Triple Trouble, Intergalactic, Sabotage and the chilled Something's gotta give were cool tracks.

Parkey
12-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Missed Talib Kweli, only caught last 10 mins. Anyone reckon they started too early and so it was over by 10.30! not even up to 12. Open letter to NYC, Brass Monkey, Triple Trouble, Intergalactic, Sabotage and the chilled Something's gotta give were cool tracks.
Arena's get fined if the main area isn't clear by 11:15pm.

Parkey
12-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I really missed the dogs. The tour just isn't the same without those furry, fluffy, talented critters.
I've told you before, they're a local delicacy. They even sell chocolate covered ones in Selfridges now.

Parkey
12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I was in the food court in Selfridges. I didn't see any chocolate-covered dog. Cat? Yes. Dog? No.

You weren't kidding when you said that they eat everything in Manchester. The thing that made my stomach turn the most was the steak-flavored crisps. They smelled like catfood to me.

Imagine not liking steak crisps. Heathen ;)

Parkey
12-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Press photos of the Manchester show...

Yauch (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester1.jpg)

Yauch (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester2.jpg)

Horovitz (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester3.jpg)

Horovitz (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester4.jpg)

Horovitz (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester5.jpg)

Horovitz (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester6.jpg)

Diamond (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester7.jpg)

Yauch (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/miramanee1/pageant_tour/manchester8.jpg)
Nice one (y)

Parkey
12-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but have you got any with all of them on

Moorish
12-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Pics are up for the Manchester gig here:

http://www.beastieboys.com/blog.php?page=3

They got Money Mark's handstand:

http://www.beastieboys.com/tour/2004_12_06_Manchester/Manchester%20UK%20179.jpg

Pics are up for the other UK gigs too, Manchester seems to have quite a few though, including ones of AdRock with some inspired gurning whilst packing what looks like a House Of The Dead III gun :D .

Moorish
12-11-2004, 07:14 AM
There are a few pics on the tour blog of the group together:

http://www.beastieboys.com/tour/2004_12_06_Manchester/Manchester%20UK%20124.jpg

Parkey
12-11-2004, 12:11 PM
There are a few pics on the tour blog of the group together:

http://www.beastieboys.com/tour/2004_12_06_Manchester/Manchester%20UK%20124.jpg
Nice one! Cheers.

discopants
12-13-2004, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=Miramanee]Press photos of the Manchester show...

Those pics are great, cheers.

discopants
12-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Yep, I actually came close to tears yesterday when I thought about it and realised that my life won't ever be as perfect as it was on the 6th ever again.

Cheer up, Christmas is just around the corner! :D

Parkey
12-13-2004, 01:11 PM
A whole week ago. I'm getting wistful...

Yorkshire~Rose
12-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I've been wistful all day Parkey.... :)

Parkey
12-13-2004, 01:22 PM
I've been wistful all day Parkey.... :)
We can hold hands and be wistful together...

Yorkshire~Rose
12-13-2004, 01:26 PM
*holds Parkey's hand*

*Sigh*

:)

discopants
12-14-2004, 03:51 AM
A whole week ago. I'm getting wistful...

8 days since money mark's handstand, Paul Revere dying on it's arse (I sung it- especially the wiffleball bat line), Grattitude shaking the foundations, MMM's awesome intro and much much more.