dublirie04
12-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I don't think that is very funny.........do you really? :eek:

cream cheese
12-10-2004, 02:17 PM
(n)

synch
12-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Irony doesn't come across very well in text.

Please tell me you were being ironic.

Whois
12-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Did anyone read the second link?

Irony is dead...dead like the dead of Fallujah.

synch
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I have now.

I wasn't really looking forward to clicking on another link after getting a peak of the first page you posted.

ima_zombie
12-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Good thing americans didn't do this. And how is it funny?

DroppinScience
12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Wow... you people aren't very intelligent. SARCASM and IRONY, these things you need to fucking grasp. :rolleyes:

synch
12-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Sorry for my poor grasp of irony and sarcasm, I must be really dumb not to get the irony in a corpse gallery page.

DroppinScience
12-10-2004, 02:42 PM
If he says "funny pictures from Fallujah" he's not meaning it's actually funny.

What he's lampooning is the American bloodlust for shooting down as many towelheads as possible. We clear? Good.

Whois
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM

What he's lampooning is the American bloodlust for shooting down as many towelheads as possible. We clear? Good.

Well, to be accurate that was how it was described by the person who posted it on his blog. He actually thought it was funny so I figured what the hell...irony being dead and all.

Whois
12-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Here is the story behind the pictures, the original poster...not the funny dummy:

Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches

December 09, 2004
Fallujah Pictures

Two weeks ago someone was allowed into Fallujah by the military to help bury bodies. They were allowed to take photographs of 75 bodies, in order to show pictures to relatives so that they might be identified before they were buried.

These pictures are from a book of photos. They are being circulated publicly around small villages near Fallujah where many refugees are staying.

The man who took them was only allowed to take photos and bury bodies in one small area of Fallujah. He was not allowed to visit anywhere else. Keep in mind there are at least 1,925 other bodies that were not allowed to be seen.

Information with some of the photos is from those identified by family members already.

One of the family members who was looking for dead relatives, shared these photos which were taken from that book.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, he told of what he saw in his village during the last few weeks.

“The Americans shot every boat on the river because people were trying to escape Fallujah by the river. They shot all the sheep, any animal people owned was shot. Helicopters shot all the animals and anything that moved in all the villages surrounding Fallujah during the fighting.”

He said that none of the roads into Fallujah, or around Fallujah were passable because anyone on them was shot. “I know one family that were all killed. There are no signs on these roads that tell people not to use them-so people don’t know they aren’t supposed to use them. No signs in English or Arabic!”

synch
12-10-2004, 02:49 PM

He seems to be saying that he wasn't strictly being ironic (not that I imply that he agrees with it being funny). I didn't start calling him names, I merely asked what he meant by his post.

Oh and I was being sarcastic in my last post. I don't appreciate being patronised.

Whois
12-10-2004, 02:51 PM
He seems to be saying that he wasn't strictly being ironic (not that I imply that he agrees with it being funny). I didn't start calling him names, I merely asked what he meant by his post.

Oh and I was being sarcastic in my last post. I don't appreciate being patronised.

Ah, don't worry...be happy.

I'm so medicated right now nothing really has any meaning, I love ADs.

synch
12-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Pah, forgotten already ;)

ASsman
12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Good thing americans didn't do this. And how is it funny?
I also think it's a good thing we didn't do this. I can thank my overwhelming ignorance for that. And my assumptions.

ima_zombie
12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I also think it's a good thing we didn't do this. I can thank my overwhelming ignorance for that. And my assumptions.

I love you ASsman. ;)

ASsman
12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
I love you ASsman. ;)
Don't ever address me again. Or say that you love me.

alexandra
12-13-2004, 10:11 AM
http://dahrjamailiraq.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album28&page=1
terrible.
what a fucking world.

and of course i had to look through all the pictures.....

paulk
12-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Oh it's for their own good. They'll thank the U.S. when it's all over.

Ace42
12-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Ah, don't worry...be happy.

I'm so medicated right now nothing really has any meaning, I love ADs.

"I'd be a lot angrier if I weren't so heavily sedated" - David Ivor St Hubbins.

Whois
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
"I'd be a lot angrier if I weren't so heavily sedated" - David Ivor St Hubbins.

Yeah, no shit...

My doctor wanted to up my meds for December due to 'issues'...it fucked me up, I've reduced my dose back to normal levels.

beastiegirrl101
12-13-2004, 03:37 PM
http://dahrjamailiraq.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album28&page=1

I really like the first one...reminds me of this:

http://archaeology.about.com/cs/military/bb/ludlow.htm

What is wrong with you?!

Whois
12-13-2004, 03:39 PM
What is wrong with you?!

To quote Mr Twain - "I've seen too much."

Irony is dead, in America...