PDA

View Full Version : 100% ILL

GreenEarthAl
12-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Or any others well versed in scripture.

I'm writing a book and it would help me greatly to have some scripture that affirms life and talks about the value of a spirit of brotherhood and cooperation and other such lovliness. Would you have any new testament type stuff like that onhand? Or could you show me how to find some?

Do you know how to get any similar type material from the Torah, Qu'aran, etc.?

Do you know which are considered to be the apocraphal books that people are mad at the Catholics for believing in? And what's in them?

I try to do my own research generally, but I'm pressed for time and hoping that someone can give me a head start.

dublirie04
12-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Revelations--------reveals the truth! :eek:

100% ILL
12-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Or any others well versed in scripture.

I'm writing a book and it would help me greatly to have some scripture that affirms life and talks about the value of a spirit of brotherhood and cooperation and other such lovliness. Would you have any new testament type stuff like that onhand? Or could you show me how to find some?

Do you know how to get any similar type material from the Torah, Qu'aran, etc.?

Do you know which are considered to be the apocraphal books that people are mad at the Catholics for believing in? And what's in them?

I try to do my own research generally, but I'm pressed for time and hoping that someone can give me a head start.

Luke chapter 6 starting at around verse 20-49
John chapters 15, 16 and 17 have some really good information also; if you read through them you may find a few verses you can use.
I Corinthians 13 is famously quoted as it mentions Love(charity) as it's theme.
Ephesians 4:31, 32 is also excellent.

The five books of the apocraphy(sp?) are found in the catholics bible between the book of Malachi and Matthew. It usulally explains the five books with a brief explanation as to why they are included at when and why they were written. It is from these five books, which are not included in the King James Bible, from which the Catholic church gets much of it's doctrine on purgatory etc. However I am not very familiar with them.

I hope this helped.

Ali
12-14-2004, 09:36 AM
lots of good stuff here (http://www.evilbible.com/)

racer5.0stang
12-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Psalm 14:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

GreenEarthAl
12-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah. Stuff that digs out the parts of the Bible that are, let's say "mean spirited", while interesting, are really not helping me in any way.

Verses that reiterate that God threatens to damn the nonbelievers to hell for all eternity... also not a help.

The 1 Corinthians 13 was good stuff. Thanks Ill. I found some useful stuff in there. The Beautitudes(?) weren't really what I was seeking either, but they may have put me on the right track.

Doesn't this crazy book suggest that people should love one another and be kind to one another somewhere up in there?

racer5.0stang
12-15-2004, 09:20 AM
You can not take the good without the bad. Before a cure can be found, disease must be present.

Sin = Death

Jesus Christ = Life

Take this verse for example...

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The first part of the verse plainly states that the wages or earnings of sin is death. Also in Romans 3:23 the Bible plainly states that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

The second part of the verse says that the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. So there is nothing you or I can do to earn this, it is a gift. No payment can be made by us, because it has already been paid by Jesus when he died on the cross. But we have to make a choice whether to accept the gift that God is willing to give us or to decline the gift.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

100% ILL
12-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Doesn't this crazy book suggest that people should love one another and be kind to one another somewhere up in there?

I'm sorry I thought I directed you to Ephesians 4:31-32 and

Matthew 22:39 Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

GreenEarthAl
12-15-2004, 08:05 PM
You did. Thanks.

Thanks for starting me off.