PDA

View Full Version : Video game celebrates Fallujah slaughter

D_Raay
12-13-2004, 12:14 PM
http://www.infowars.com/articles/iraq/game_celebrates_fallujah.htm

If you thought the new video game inviting players to try their virtual skills at assassinating JFK was tasteless , hold on to your hat. A just-released mission in the Kuma wargame series is themed “Fallujah: Operation al-Fajr." It re-creates the recent assault on Fallujah, which may have left thousands of civilians dead.

Players join U.S. Marines and Army soldiers in their attack on the Jolan district in Fallujah. For the making of “Fallujah: Operation al-Fajr,” Kuma Reality Games used detailed satellite imagery of Jolan.

Publicity material for yesterday's new game says players "dodge sniper fire and protect civilians," while fighting to secure the Jolan district.

"Protect civilians"?

UNREAL REALISM

Perhaps the action isn't really that "realistic" after all. Civilians in Fallujah outnumbered rebels by perhaps thirty to one. They bore the brunt of a relentless US bombardment of Jolan. News media reports say this included 2,000-pound bombs, helicopter gunships and artillery.

Independent journalists and Arab media say napalm-like weapons and poison gas were also deployed. Reporter, Dahr Jamail told BreakForNews.com that witnesses saw people poisoned, fall to the ground and die. Other reports describe firebombs spewing lethal contents which adhered to skin and burned unquenchably.

Only later did the soldiers --the real ones-- come to root out any "resistance" left alive. This involved the use of cluster bombs and grenades tossed into homes, with devastating results in at least one case. Cowering inside was a family - not virtual terrorists. A young boy was hospitalized with grenade fragment injuries.

Don't expect that kind of realism from the latest Kuma offering. “Fallujah: Operation al-Fajr,” is the sanitized electronic world of good guys and bad guys. Just like Bush's war. And you can guess who the good guys are.

The Kuma /War series is lovingly following the action around Iraq, and modeling game chapters on set-piece recreations of real military operations. Players have battled the Medi army in the south and hunted down Uday and Qusay Hussein . We are now up to Mission #28.

In the coming weeks, game subscribers will get missions that re-create current combat in Fallujah and elsewhere in Iraq.

SEAMLESS INTEGRATION

Many missions are being developed in cooperation with the US military.

“Fallujah: Operation al-Fajr” even contains a discussion with Major General Thomas L. Wilkerson, USMC (ret) on the strategy behind the fight for control of Fallujah. The last mission before Fallujah, was " Ramadi Convoy Exercise ,"
based on the same training mission Kuma\War modeled for CASCOM - the US Army Combined Arms Support Command.

Kuma Reality Games has just opened voting for its " Stories from the Front " contest. The contest asked soldiers to contribute stories from their actual experiences in the battlefield. The winner's story will become an upcoming mission. The winner will be featured with three friends as characters in the re-creation of the winning story.

The eligible entries have been slimmed to finalists like: Beneath the Saddam Mosque, the story of a rescue team searching for a kidnapped woman in the tunnels beneath a mujahedeen-controled mosque; Baghdad Cowboy details an ambush on enemies to rescue a troubled Fallujah convoy; and Saddam City Shocker centers around a squad that fights its way across a bridge into Saddam City.

This is the seamless integration of military gaming and real military action. The two have become one. Virtually. A seamless virtual reality whose barbarity and insensitivity is puzzling to the "reality-based" community.

In Fallujah, during the bombing families could hear the screams from those whose homes had been hit, but they had to keep their heads down and pray.

Kuma should have taped those screams.

yeahwho
12-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Welcome to Hell on Earth

Stino
12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
reminds me of Hollywood blockbuster movies

the creator of a videogame/movie who wants assistance for his project of the US army (gov.) will have to make a patriotic product that sells American values all over the globe,

this will not be the last Falujah game,
I expect some "Medal of Honour" kindagame that will take place in Irak, and people will love it :O

Rosie Cotton
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Oh great, I thought the Great Video Game Debate was over with. Now it's gonna start all over again, only this time it's about Falluja instead of JFK.

Ace42
12-13-2004, 07:58 PM
This happen just a few weeks ago. All these articles in the paper. "Is Gladiators too violent? And what are we doing watching it? Is it really good for us to watch? Is it too violent?" NO! Fuck it! Give these guys chain saws! Let them fuck each other up good. It's not violent enough. Let these fuckin' morons kill each other in that God Damn pit! Give them chain saws an... I want to see a fuckin railway spike go through their eyeballs. How about this? give everyone in the audience a pistol. "There you fuckers, bchh bchh, See who comes out alive, bchh." You know, I'm tired of this false fuckin sanctimonious morality about life. "Ain't life keen, haha. Let's pat ourselves on the back." Fuck you! They want to kill each other, I'm filming it. You know.

- Bill Hicks (http://www.gavinsblog.com/revelations.htm)

Apply that to video games.

ASsman
12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
I think we have already reached the conclusion that as long as we didn't know the person enough, e.g wasn't the president of our country.. It doesn't matter.

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Uhh....thats cool. I mean honestly who cares? its a game....and i'm sure we all want to kill osama. and yo uprotect people. it's just a agme, thats going to fail on the market...actually the game isnt even going in stores...its just a downloadable that you pay for, and there's been plenty of games like it before. so why care? afraid video game nerds might get obbsessed and kill middle eastern citizens? even though in the game you have to protect them...it seems kid of like counterstrike...except more realistic

Ace42
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
and i'm sure we all want to kill osama.

Who has nothing to do with Iraq whatsoever. And, I don't feel the need or desire to kill him.

Also, capitalisation if your friend.

Ace42
12-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Also, capitalisation if your friend.

Although, capitalism is not your friend. And slavery. And a bit shit really.

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Osama is in the game though. ;) and the game is actually a series of missions in iraq. i see no harm in the game. but i'm just a covervation capitolist pig. ;)

Ace42
12-13-2004, 08:51 PM
but i'm just a covervation capitolist pig. ;)

Which is?

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Which is?

*conservative.....i'm watching south park at the same time.

Ace42
12-13-2004, 08:58 PM
*capitAlist."

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 08:59 PM
*capitAlist."

whatever, as long as you know what i mean. :)

ASsman
12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Uhh....thats cool. I mean honestly who cares? its a game....and i'm sure we all want to kill osama. and yo uprotect people. it's just a agme, thats going to fail on the market...actually the game isnt even going in stores...its just a downloadable that you pay for, and there's been plenty of games like it before. so why care? afraid video game nerds might get obbsessed and kill middle eastern citizens? even though in the game you have to protect them...it seems kid of like counterstrike...except more realistic

http://68.75.181.62/files/2745BANDEJA_EAT_THIS.jpg

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 09:04 PM
http://68.75.181.62/files/2745BANDEJA_EAT_THIS.jpg

k? whats that have to do with anything?

ASsman
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
and i'm sure we all want to kill osama.
Dipshit. That is why I quoted you the first time. God.

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Dipshit. That is why I quoted you the first time. God.

sure...but i was talking about a video game in fallujah....whats that have to do with a parody on the Golden arches? just explain your purpose to me and don't argue..you should have learned by now its pointless to argue with me... :rolleyes:

Ace42
12-13-2004, 09:10 PM
you should have learned by now its pointless to argue with me... :rolleyes:

Indeed, it is like flinging shit at a quadro-spazz.

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Indeed, it is like flinging shit at a quadro-spazz.

you fling shit at quadro-spazz's? weird. most people wouldn't like to touch shit...even with gloves.

ASsman
12-13-2004, 09:12 PM
sure...but i was talking about a video game in fallujah....whats that have to do with a parody on the Golden arches? just explain your purpose to me and don't argue..you should have learned by now its pointless to argue with me... :rolleyes:
No I've known that since your first post. This is for my own entertainment.

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 09:13 PM
No I've known that since your first post. This is for my own entertainment.

alright. i'm really tired/depressed. bye.

ASsman
12-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Look closer at those arches.... What do they look like. Possibly a pair of identical buildings?

ima_zombie
12-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Look closer at those arches.... What do they look like. Possibly a pair of identical buildings?

i get the picture, i just dont get the reason for posting...bye

D_Raay
12-14-2004, 02:48 AM
You know this particular game , along with that America's Army bullshit, are made with input from the US government. They even track the stats and have a disclaimer about joining up hidden in the software. THAT is my problem with it. The JFK game was just in bad taste.

Mic-Logic
12-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Fuck Metal Gear Solid 3. I need to cop that for Christmas. Word is bond. A videogame based on an immoral war in which you get to kill oppossing sand niggers. Can't beat that. I'm patiently waiting for the game where I get to kill that nigger who advocated non-violence and made integration a reality to come out. That's going to be the bomb yo. I'm sure the U.S. government will provide input for that too. Scratch that. Maybe not.

ima_zombie
12-14-2004, 05:31 AM
www.kumagames.com there's the game website. it really isn't that bad. i might play it..

ima_zombie
12-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Oh so you play as Saddam and you have to kill Osama? Or are you Osama trying to kill Saddam? LIke someone else said wat the f*ck does Osama have to do with Saddam. Oh maby that Osama wanted to kill him, and not buy invisible non-existing wmd from him. but wait, what did bush say about it?osama and saddam are friends and trade weapons. Someones lying...........well i think this game is disgusting. think about all those innocent people killed. wat a nice issue to make a game about. well i'm so ruffled i'll go and listen to bohemian rhapsody. Bid you farewell :confused: (y) (n) (!)

You play as people in the US military, and PROTECT the citizens, and kill insurgents. One of the missions in the game is that a general is in Falluhjah...and then he's ambushed by insurgents.

Ali
12-14-2004, 07:38 AM
www.kumagames.com there's the game website. it really isn't that bad. i might play it.. You'll especially enjoy the bit where you get to mow down unarmed people as they try to escape. Extra points for hitting children, 'cos they're smaller.

And later on there's a bonus level where you get to torture prisoners.

ASsman
12-14-2004, 07:44 AM
You should try the real thing. In what? 2 years?

http://www.goarmy.com/
"Try one" .. get one free.

Whois
12-14-2004, 10:39 AM
...and after the war you can be an Army of .75 or .5 or .25, depending on how many limbs you still have.

Ali
12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
...and after the war you can be an Army of .75 or .5 or .25, depending on how many limbs you still have. or go on the rampage with a .45

Funkaloyd
12-14-2004, 02:18 PM
it really isn't that bad. i might play it.

No, apparently it's pretty crap (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/kumawar/review.html).

ASsman
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Actually, that is what the word "insurgent" means... loosely.

ASsman
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Loosely.

ima_zombie
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
so it's like a fantasy game. America helping Iraq, and not bombing families and throwing bombs into houses filled with civilians. ooooo i wondered who dreamed that up. The "insurgents" as you call them might only be civilians defending their country and homes, not defending saddam and osama as many people believe. If a foreign country came to my city and said fet out of here so we can bomb you churches, homes and communities, i wouldn't leave. I'd fight to my death. I can't believe they release that makes the war in Iraq look good. back to bohemian rhapsody for me.

Well what do you want our troops to do if attacked by insurgents? just stand there and die?

and the insurgents are kicking people out of their homes, churches...they're used as battle grounds. the US try to evacute sections of the cities so normal citizens do not get injured.

ASsman
12-14-2004, 07:38 PM
throwing bombs into houses filled with civilians.
C-I-V-I-L-I-A-N-S

Dumb fuck... Do you even read the shit you quote? BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO IT.

ASsman
12-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Depends on what you define as "established". The same way you can "establish" a regime, is the same way the US occupation of Iraq can be defined as having "established" a governing body.

ima_zombie
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
they shouldn't of gone there in the first place. Like I said some insurgents are normal Iraqis, not terrorists, only people trying to defend thier country. But America is going in their home and killing them. Insurgents doesn't even really make sense. This is what "insurgent" means

....we're there now...if a iraqi citizen attacked you would you jsut stand their screaming "EASSY TARGET SHOOT ME HAHAHA" or hide, or shoot at them all pissed off. i know i'd shoot all pissed off at someone shooting me.

ASsman
12-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Wait.. Why did you quote his argument... and bring up a completly different one yourself?

Ali
12-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Actually, that is what the word "insurgent" means... loosely. not the way the US armed forces use it, the way they use it makes it sound like a synonym for terrorist.

It's not what a word means, it's how you use it that gives it meaning.