PDA

View Full Version : Cuba starts "huge" military drills

D_Raay
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4092647.stm

Cuba's armed forces have begun their biggest military exercise for nearly 20 years, involving hundreds of thousands of troops and civilians.

The exercise, called Bastion 2004, is a response to "the continued aggression and threats" of the US, Cuba says.

The manoeuvres are being led by Defence Minister Raul Castro - brother to President Fidel Castro and second in the Cuban hierarchy.

The US said the drill was an attempt to "distract" Cubans from daily hardships.

The exercise will involve exercises with Cuban air force MiG-29s, anti-aircraft units and elite troops.

It's funny you get the breaking news for stuff like this from the BBC...

Qdrop
12-13-2004, 05:02 PM
let's invade them and topple their gov't.....and set up a secular, capitalist one. liberate the people.
and fuck the UN's stance again!

they hate us for our freedom.

and this time, we can send our troops in with NO armor. that'll teach em to bitch.

Whois
12-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Kind of difficult to maintain those Mig-29s with no money or spare parts...

ASsman
12-13-2004, 05:50 PM
The US said the drill was an attempt to "distract" Cubans from daily hardships.
Hahahahahahaha. Which is next on the list to "Parcheeze" and "Pictionary".

Whois
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
hey! im going to cuba in may. yay

The rum is pretty good and cheap...don't drink anything less than three years old.

Where are you flying from?

Ali
12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
vancouver bc. Im not canadian though.Nor american. im from the sun. I wonder if outlanders can join their army? Cause if they offer free board and feed, sign me up! They will take one look at your "Green Mamba" and clap you in irons, boetie.

They remember apartheid (http://www.afrocubaweb.com/southafrica.htm) (even if you've conveniently forgotten) and they helped Angola (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/episodes/17/documents/angola/) against the boere (and Reagan).

Ali
12-14-2004, 09:42 AM
They're not the only Communist country doing military excercises soon...

Coincidence? I think not.

http://www.tldm.org/News4/Russian-SinoMilitary.htm

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/8/2/44908.shtml

http://www.china.org.cn/english/2002/Jul/36786.htm

http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-07/08/content_346370.htm

Looks like Bush is a Uniter, uniting the World against the U.S.!!!! Getting ready to take back Taiwan (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/tw.html).

Prepare for the Big One, chaps!

Qdrop
12-14-2004, 09:57 AM
oh, will you all RELAX!

this means nothing.........
you're seeing what you want to see.

Ali
12-14-2004, 10:06 AM
let's invade them and topple their gov't.....and set up a secular, capitalist one. liberate the people.
and fuck the UN's stance again!

they hate us for our freedom.

and this time, we can send our troops in with NO armor. that'll teach em to bitch. you relax, bytche

Qdrop
12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
you relax, bytche

tongue-in-cheek (tngn-chk)
adj.

Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously.

also......

sar·casm (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Ali
12-14-2004, 10:29 AM
tongue-in-cheek (tngn-chk)
adj.

Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously.

also......

sar·casm (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1. were you being sarcastic when you told us all to relax?

Qdrop
12-14-2004, 10:48 AM
were you being sarcastic when you told us all to relax?

no, i was being sarcastic when i posted about taking over cuba.

you are difficult to talk to, Ali.

Ali
12-14-2004, 11:12 AM
no, i was being sarcastic when i posted about taking over cuba.

you are difficult to talk to, Ali. only because you are a complete and utter moron. Debating with you is like a school of argument fish being chased by the Truth Shark, each time a point you have made gets dashed upon the rocks of logic, you claim it wasn't the point. No wonder everybody here ignores you. I'm only responding to your posts because I'm bored shitless and have drunk too much coffee.

I will not enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Oscar Wilde

Qdrop
12-14-2004, 11:19 AM
only because you are a complete and utter moron. Debating with you is like a school of argument fish being chased by the Truth Shark, each time a point you have made gets dashed upon the rocks of logic, you claim it wasn't the point. No wonder everybody here ignores you. I'm only responding to your posts because I'm bored shitless and have drunk too much coffee.

can you argue without insulting?

you haven't "dashed" any of my points....particularly on this thread- we aren't even debating on this one.

half of your posts on each thread debate with me have been simple personal attacks and canned responses with a dash of hostility.

where and when have you made a legitimate retort that has dashed my "faulty logic"?....where?

bb_bboy
12-14-2004, 11:33 AM
"TAIPEI - China and Russia are planning to hold joint military exercises for the first time in more than 30 years, a report said yesterday. The drills, which will take place sometime in August, will involve all three branches of the armed forces from both countries, according to a report on Taiwan's ETtoday.com website."
Revised: April 29, 2002

"China Thursday confirmed that it is planning joint military exercises with Russia. The mid-August exercises will be aimed at preventing "dangerous military activities" along the borders of two countries."
July, 2002

"Information about possible Chinese-Russian military maneuvers or joint military maneuvers within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) have been published by international media from time to time, beginning in July 2001 – i.e., from the moment of the establishment of the SCO and the conclusion of the Chinese-Russian Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation.
At the end of June 2002, it became known for certain that Chinese-Russian maneuvers will indeed take place in August 2002."
Friday, Aug. 2, 2002

"China and Russia are expected to hold a joint military exercise next year, the first conducted by the two countries since a joint naval exercise in 1999."
2004-07-08

If multi-branched joint miitary excersises took place in August of 2002, how can they be holding their first military joint excersises since 1999 in 2005? In other words, how many of these sources are incorrect?

ASsman
12-14-2004, 04:39 PM
"DROP DA BOMB" - Party Posse

Ali
12-15-2004, 05:12 AM
can you argue without insulting?

Not with you. You bring out the worst in me.

where and when have you made a legitimate retort that has dashed my "faulty logic"?....where? Everywhere. And you've been owned by others (and you quickly start agreeing with them when they've proved you wrong). You are a stupid little kid who thinks he's clever. Maybe if you listened you'd learn something, unless you are just deliberately being an asshole so that you'll get some attention. I think that must be it. Nobody could be as moronic as you unless they'd suffered some sort of head trauma or were actively trying to sound like they's donated their brain to science.

Goodbye, fool.

Edit: Jezas Henry Christ! I just went to put you on ignore and saw the photo!!! You are one UGLY muthafukah!!! :p

Qdrop
12-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Not with you. You bring out the worst in me.

apparently.

And you've been owned by others

where?....when?....i think you mean "other liberals that i agree with say all the things i want to here in response to you, therefore- they own you.

(and you quickly start agreeing with them when they've proved you wrong).

where? when?.....another empty accusasion.

You are a stupid little kid who thinks he's clever. Maybe if you listened you'd learn something, unless you are just deliberately being an asshole so that you'll get some attention. I think that must be it. Nobody could be as moronic as you unless they'd suffered some sort of head trauma or were actively trying to sound like they's donated their brain to science.

your writing skills are impecable. such wit. such flare. a true mastery of the language.

Goodbye, fool.

who are you kidding?....you're not gonna keep me on ignore for more than a day.....

Edit: Jezas Henry Christ! I just went to put you on ignore and saw the photo!!! You are one UGLY muthafukah!!! :p

riiiiigth. i bet that pic is on your desktop right now.
if you start sending me love letters, i'm going right to the mod's....
:p

ASsman
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
What's that?... STFUQDROP.

DroppinScience
12-15-2004, 10:28 PM
vancouver bc. Im not canadian though.Nor american. im from the sun. I wonder if outlanders can join their army? Cause if they offer free board and feed, sign me up!

You're from the Sun? :confused:

Whois
12-16-2004, 10:19 AM
You're from the Sun? :confused:

South Africa I'm assuming...

Ali
12-16-2004, 11:37 AM
South Africa I'm assuming...Yebo

Echewta
12-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Cuba has great music.

Ace42
12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
And 100% literacy

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 11:50 AM
And 100% literacy

and yet they all wanna come here........i wonder why?

bb_bboy
12-16-2004, 11:51 AM
and yet they all wanna come here........i wonder why?

The chili.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
The chili.

it's gotta be.

that.......and capitalism.....
and that "civil rights" thing....

Whois
12-16-2004, 11:58 AM
The chili.

I thought it was the recording deals...and baseball contracts.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 11:59 AM
I thought it was the recording deals...and baseball contracts.

more good points.

DroppinScience
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
South Africa I'm assuming...

Ah, I see. I still don't get why he'd say "sun." I'm ignorant... yes, I know. :p

Whois
12-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Ah, I see. I still don't get why he'd say "sun." I'm ignorant... yes, I know. :p

I'm ignorant as well, my guess is vonniedp means this sun:

http://sun-city-south-africa.go2africa.com

DroppinScience
12-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Sounds possible.

Speaking of which, would you believe I'm unsure of how to dial a phone number outside of North America? Those + signs I see in front of European numbers always throw me off. Oh well, I guess I'll learn if I make friends with someone outside this continent. ;)