PDA

View Full Version : President Bush's checkbook

D_Raay
12-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Now we are in the season of Christmas. Celebrations are being held, carols are being sung and prayers are being prayed (not to mention consumers going amok and Atkins dieters falling off the wagon). And in this season many of us honor the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

I have heard those who proclaim that this is a nation founded on Christian principles. I have heard President Bush assert that Jesus is his favorite philosopher. But when we look at where ourgovernment, in our names, puts its attention and a massive portion of its resources-implementing a strategy of preemptively striking our theoretical foes, maintaining a formidable fighting force to assert our military pre-eminence around the world and engaging in an endless war against terrorism-can we really claim to uphold the tenets of the Prince of Peace?

Some have said that you can determine your priorities by looking at your checkbook ledger. So let's look at a few of the stubs in our nation's 2002 checkbook courtesy of the Office of Management and Budget.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/
. Military spending: $319 billion
. Education: $77 billion
. Transportation: $55 billion
. Environment: $27 billion
. HIV/AIDS: $14.7 billion
. Peace Corps: $277 million

It's projected that total military spending from 2000 through the end of 2008 will amount to $3.2 trillion. A trillion here, a trillion there. Pretty soon we're talking about real money, even by government standards.

As much as we talk of "peace on earth," our actions make our words ring hollow.

Qdrop
12-15-2004, 02:01 PM
our spending for peace corps in 2002 is very close to the spending on the military.
i think that's impressive.

could you imagine if we spent that 319 billion on education every year?....
oh the sweeping changes this country would see in only a few years.....

D_Raay
12-15-2004, 02:07 PM
You misread that bud, the peace corps is in millions, the defense in billions.

Whois
12-15-2004, 02:12 PM

You misunderstand, it's 'Peace on our piece of Earth'...

Qdrop
12-15-2004, 02:17 PM
You misread that bud, the peace corps is in millions, the defense in billions.

ohh.
neeeeeeeeever mind.
:eek:

Whois
12-15-2004, 02:31 PM
maybe we should rename GOD to GUN

...and Lord to Load?

"Oh what a fiend we have in Jesus..."

Rosie Cotton
12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Merry FUCKIN' Christmas, everybody!

ericg
12-16-2004, 03:22 AM
Now we are in the season of Christmas. Celebrations are being held, carols are being sung and prayers are being prayed (not to mention consumers going amok and Atkins dieters falling off the wagon). And in this season many of us honor the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

I have heard those who proclaim that this is a nation founded on Christian principles. I have heard President Bush assert that Jesus is his favorite philosopher. But when we look at where ourgovernment, in our names, puts its attention and a massive portion of its resources-implementing a strategy of preemptively striking our theoretical foes, maintaining a formidable fighting force to assert our military pre-eminence around the world and engaging in an endless war against terrorism-can we really claim to uphold the tenets of the Prince of Peace?

Some have said that you can determine your priorities by looking at your checkbook ledger. So let's look at a few of the stubs in our nation's 2002 checkbook courtesy of the Office of Management and Budget.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/
. Military spending: $319 billion
. Education: $77 billion
. Transportation: $55 billion
. Environment: $27 billion
. HIV/AIDS: $14.7 billion
. Peace Corps: $277 million

It's projected that total military spending from 2000 through the end of 2008 will amount to $3.2 trillion. A trillion here, a trillion there. Pretty soon we're talking about real money, even by government standards.

Thanks for bringing some facts to attention! You are quite a singular hope here for me in the Beastie Boys Political forum... once again, well said... even if you did think I sounded like Huey Newton on speed..not that I needed any.

So we need to lobby.....................? Can't, say, an "analyst" make a blueprint with initiaives and right agenda's in mind... perhaps at www.massivechange.com... and get it lobbied as a whole, or get it mass-signed like a petition of/ for precident? It sounds maybe too simple or something, but............. People speaking of Bush's agendas... what in tarnation. How on earth do they take themselves, or anything seriously for that matter?? Where do they find these people? Well, thought I'd throw it out...

Rosie Cotton
12-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh my god, you spoke English! Well done, my friend!

ericg
12-16-2004, 08:06 PM
You think so? ..Yet you still don't understand- or seem to get it...! What the hell is wrong with you?
"...you don't stop..."
"...she's on it..."
"...in your little girl world..."
"...your grades keep falling..." -JA
"...Here we go..." -JA

"...You try to vex reject but you should respect.... Qu'est-ce-que tu fabriques? Que cosa fai? Coma sta e? Ho fato moite telefonate. Oops gotcha clutch like Piazza.... I can see that Def Jam doesn't recognize me..."

"... Don't underrate how I operate. It ain't what you say, it's what you mean.... So pay attention now as I begin to recap. Putting words and ideas stacked back to back..."

"... What you saw. What you heard. I get involved. I might disturb.... So what'cha want? So what'cha need?..."

"... Provolone....don't even get me started.... I'm a super-dooper MC party pooper... On a track so sick it'll make you feel all queasy.... Got the edge and I've got the advantage. If you could see things from my vantage point, then you could better understand this. I'm in the lab all day. I scrabble all night..."

"...So step up to the window and place your bets. Is the U.S. gonna keep breaking necks? Maybe it's time that we impeach Tex and the military muscle that he wants to flex. By the time Bush is done, what will be left?.... Environmental destruction and the national debt. But plenty of dollars left in the fat war chest. What the real deal, why you can't connect? Why you hating people that you never met? Didn't your mama teach you to show some respect? Why not open your mind for a sec? IT TAKES A SECOND TO WRECK IT IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD YOU GOTS TO CHILL..."

"...deny 'til the day you die, ooh, my my..."

"... it's time to settle the score... you shouldn't dis' Refugees..." -Fugees
"...Ooh la lah la..."

...Why can't you grow up and get with it. You talk but you don't say anything. Why you gotta be a bunch of sucker naysayers that don't mean a thing. Why don't you learn? You wanna come here and treat this like your little play time chat board and show no courtesy or respect to anybody or anything but for other fools... - ah, just loop it there- I'll use you/ it for target practice until you get the point and stop going around like a stuck record. Check the record, micro-macro, that's why America and the world can't get the fucking move on... people like you who try to claim and front... but suck and like chucky the duck, you're all fucked up. Now I know it's not just you.. It's your friends, your family, your whole damn place< that I abhor. You leave me bereft of so much everyday, clogging up America's and the world's soma. This isn't sophisticated.

DJ Scribble..or Scrabble.. Scroll, sorry, one of those, but (s)he's got a footnote..."If your not pissed off, you haven't been paying attention..."

PAY ATTENTION

"...greed...that's why we can't all just get along..."

"...what the fighting's all about..." -PF

"...I don't want to be hostile... put away the dagger... but you lie, cheat and steal..."

"...This is necessary..." -TOOL

Say what you gotta say. Your arrogance and negative disposition, even as naive and superficial as it is, only gets you sunk-n-no where. I hope you don't carry on that way anymore.

"...let me show you another way..."

PEACE

Rosie Cotton
12-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow, I 'm fuxckoming seeing two of everything rtight now, and i still don;'t know what thw fuck you're talking about.

Okay, hee, I will repeat that, (I am such a light weight...I only had 2 pints), sssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllyyyyyyy y, I'm fucking seeing 2 of everything right now, and I still don't know whzat the fuck you're talking about.

Mery apple wassailing everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

D_Raay
12-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Wow, I 'm fuxckoming seeing two of everything rtight now, and i still don;'t know what thw fuck you're talking about.

Okay, hee, I will repeat that, (I am such a light weight...I only had 2 pints), sssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllyyyyyyy y, I'm fucking seeing 2 of everything right now, and I still don't know whzat the fuck you're talking about.

Ahahahahha, have one for me Rosie!!!!!!

D_Raay
12-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks for bringing some facts to attention! You are quite a singular hope here for me in the Beastie Boys Political forum... once again, well said... even if you did think I sounded like Huey Newton on speed..not that I needed any.

So we need to lobby.....................? Can't, say, an "analyst" make a blueprint with initiaives and right agenda's in mind... perhaps at www.massivechange.com... and get it lobbied as a whole, or get it mass-signed like a petition of/ for precident? It sounds maybe too simple or something, but............. People speaking of Bush's agendas... what in tarnation. How on earth do they take themselves, or anything seriously for that matter?? Where do they find these people? Well, thought I'd throw it out...
Well, thank you, I think. Sorry I don't speak urbanite all that well, but I think I get your point. BTW, I would much rather read Beastie lines than Bible quotes, so props for that. Oh, and Huey Newton was actually quite intelligent.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Ahahahahha, have one for me Rosie!!!!!!

Well, I've already sobered up, but I'll go and take a swig of raspberry schnapps for ya. :D

Edit: Oh my God! It burns! It burns! Oh why did I have to go and chug it?

D_Raay
12-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Well, I've already sobered up, but I'll go and take a swig of raspberry schnapps for ya. :D

Edit: Oh my God! It burns! It burns! Oh why did I have to go and chug it?
Ugh, just thinking of schnappes makes me want to hurl........

Ace42
12-17-2004, 03:54 AM
Peach Schnapps 3:16

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Ugh, just thinking of schnappes makes me want to hurl........

But, but it's raspberry flavored!

I guess schnappes are more of a girl thing.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Peach Schnapps 3:16
Okay, peach schnapps make me wanna hurl. Blech.

Ace42
12-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Now I feel emasculated.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 04:22 AM
Now I feel emasculated.

Haha! That made me spew lemonade all over myself.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 04:23 AM
That might've been a bit too much info.^^

ericg
12-17-2004, 04:28 AM
RC-I feel like "Joe" in "Dodgeball", during the first match when he hits the little girlscout and shows remorse when she's on the ground crying only to find out.... "Your adopted...your parents don't even love you..."
You should know how to act.. right.
"...And you.... you should've known..." -JA

D_Raay-I guess I'll look H.N. up, I don't know him... but um.. thanks.. I think. What was the point you got? Yeah, the question in block 12 is more or less rhetorical if not striaght up cynical. Things need to be dealt with on the appropriate playing field. What do YOU think about that? Assuming that you had/ have the power to put it on the table and be an impetus or catalyst for change.

Or are you "conservative" and just keep everything on some kind of 60 mins. topic of the night type of person. I'm just curious at this point. "...As a foreigner I would love to learn..." if you can tell me the movie that's from, I'll give your props back. Let's get forensical :) -That shit's funny.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 04:38 AM
RC- I couldn't even pity the fool..... I feel like "Joe" in "Dodgeball", during the first match when he hits the little girlscout and shows remorse when she's on the ground crying only to find out.... "Your adopted...your parents don't even love you...", except your just all grown up now aren't you, and perhaps have learned a little, but just not even close.... Being a lightweight is no excuse. You should know how to act, right. Don't be that common, I think you're better than that. I mean, I guess it was hard for racist white people to accept and understand black people: as your understanding is to what I write and have wrote.

I'm sorry, I have to admit I am a little bothered sympathizing for you RC! Just be respectful and mature is all I ask when you respond to me... you know... to have a decent, open-minded conversation... "...be true to yourself and you will never fall...". Go ahead and check... it's all I've wanted since I got here. I shit you not! I don't like to "play the social wall", or any of that bullshit in the everyday suckerville... You might say that I was never given the opportunity to be that superficial in this life. Like I said, I don't know you... I know that I take (these) things very seriously... and you have done nothing but make light of the very thing that will have so much impact on your kids even, whether you know it or not(of course you must)... you've only been negative towards me, even if it wasn't meant exactly to be. I'm in a bad situation and am prone.... anyway. You may or may not ask, HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY FUCKING CARE WHO I AM OR WHAT I DO!!! Well, go figure. You're not helping. I feel like you've watched "The Real World" too much and go off some tip about it and want to be down, but I just wish you'ld find out sooner than later about it all, for yours and my sake! I just think that "...YOU.... you should've known..." -JA

Dude, what the hell? If I offended you somehow, well sorry. It certainly wasn't my intention. But for Chrissake man, if you aren't going to make a semi-coherent statement, then you need to grow some fucking testicles and take it like a man whenever someone points out that you made a post that sounds somewhat scizophrenic. That is, unless you're actually schizophrenic, then, again, my apologies.

But what the fuck does the Real World have to do with anything? And why did you feel the need to bring up racism, when I said that you're post made no sense?

Really man, either take your meds or grow some balls.

ericg
12-17-2004, 05:00 AM
Fuck what is that noise. Go back to middle school little girl and learn how to act. ...You must be the sorriest little @#^%&% this side of whatever red state you come from. I tried but now I know that you're not worth it.

Since you don't get it, or have a clue what I'm talking about- don't locate my posts only to talk shit. That doesn't make any good sense, does it?

Sorry, I can't help you out if you're going to act like that. Good luck with that though.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 05:17 AM
That's it? Don't flatter yourself.

I seriously don't know wether I should feel sorry for you, or if the urge to smash your head against a brick wall is slightly more apropriate.

Please, enlighten me. What do the Real World and racism have to do with me drinking and being unable to understand what you said? I genuinely want to know. I'm sure there was a point somewhere in that post, but please, explain slowly and in plain English.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Fuck what is that screaching noise.

Ass.

ericg
12-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Enlighten yourself. Okey dokey then.

Whois
12-17-2004, 11:09 AM

Drink some mead/cider/glühwein...and have fun.

Whois
12-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Enlighten yourself. Okey dokey then.

You really have no freaking clue...do you.

Have fun alienating the world...