PDA

View Full Version : Merch price at show and online?

Col. Kurtz
12-15-2004, 03:00 PM
So I went to the Düsseldorf show this Monday. Saw a nice shirt I´d liked to buy. Then I saw the price: 28€! I just took a look at the online store, and the same shirt is for sale for 20$ thats around 15€! Even with shipping its cheaper. 13€ price difference? I can get another shirt for that!
Edit/Delete Message

JimmyJazz
12-15-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah that's quite stupid!

aybe I will buy also a tshirt online because in amsterdam the size M was sold-out and the tshirts are quite big so Large wasn't an option & the one that i wanted the most was that green train-one but the guy told me that he had it only left in xl :@

Moorish
12-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah they were about £18 at the Manchester gig, if I remember correctly. I knew they'd be way overpriced anyways, I guess the venue charges a fee to sell merchandise at a gig so that must be a factor.

Some of the tour stuff (such as the green train shirt) have appeared on the website now as well, and that was the only thing I liked the look of at the gig. The online store's service is excellent in my experience as well.

Moorish
12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I endorse the online store too.

The price difference between the booths at the shows and the online shop can probably be attributed to the promoter, who usually gets a cut of tour merchandise sales.

Yeah there has to be at least one middleman taking a cut. I'm sure the venue do too.

Col. Kurtz
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Well maybe there´s a third party getting some money, but come on, the difference is huuuuge! Im kinda pissed about that. Whats the cost of a shirt (and they will sell quite a bit) maybe 5€, add some shipping and whatever costs, youll end up with 10€. Sell em for 15, or maybe 18 if youre an evil capitalist. But not 28!
A friend of mine once took me to a cure show. Next to the official shirt was a paper saying "no joke" and I wondered what that was all about. The shirt looked horrible, but not that bad you would exspect such a sign. Then I realized what the sign was all about: the official shirt price was 34€.

YoungRemy
12-15-2004, 06:37 PM
yes, but Col Kurtz, answer me this:

are you wearing a beastie boys shirt right now or talking about the price difference?

when a badass shirt is right there and we are talking $5 -$8 difference, i would take the shirt.

"Challah at your boy"

wavin_goodbye
12-15-2004, 07:49 PM
i want that challah hoodie now lol.. argg.

Col. Kurtz
12-16-2004, 02:31 AM
yes, but Col Kurtz, answer me this:

are you wearing a beastie boys shirt right now or talking about the price difference?

when a badass shirt is right there and we are talking $5 -$8 difference, i would take the shirt.

"Challah at your boy"

no I dont. And we´re not talking about 5-8$ but about 10€ (thats 13$). I´m not gonna pay 28€ for a shirt. Never ever! No matter whats printed on it!

and the point is not about the price. If I think it´s too expensive I just dont buy it, pure basic capitalism. But I can get the same shirt from the same seller for a extreme cheaper price if I buy online, and I´m just wondering why.

Pootytang
12-16-2004, 09:12 AM
;) :( :rolleyes:

YoungRemy
12-16-2004, 10:49 AM
no I dont. And we´re not talking about 5-8$ but about 10€ (thats 13$). I´m not gonna pay 28€ for a shirt. Never ever! No matter whats printed on it!

and the point is not about the price. If I think it´s too expensive I just dont buy it, pure basic capitalism. But I can get the same shirt from the same seller for a extreme cheaper price if I buy online, and I´m just wondering why.

so the point
is about the price. have you considered shipping costs overseas?

exactly Pooty, :rolleyes:

Damn, its cold in New York, I dont know about Germany.

this Beastie Boys hoodie is gonna keep my ass warm!

wavin_goodbye
12-16-2004, 11:46 AM
so the point

exactly Pooty, :rolleyes:

Damn, its cold in New York, I dont know about Germany.

this Beastie Boys hoodie is gonna keep my ass warm!

only in new york do people wear hoodies as underwear.

YoungRemy
12-16-2004, 12:33 PM
only in new york do people wear hoodies as underwear.

(y) LOL

Col. Kurtz
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
so the point

Yup I did! It´s still cheaper. And its not like I should calculate the full shipping, because they dont sell single shirts, they sell thousands of em on this tour. Think about all the equipment thats beeing sent from a to b each night (huge screens etc..) and some boxes with shirts, sweaters whatever. The price difference is still enormous.

YoungRemy
12-16-2004, 10:54 PM
and yet you're still shirtless

Col. Kurtz
12-17-2004, 05:23 AM
and yet you're still shirtless
and yet I´m still rich!

12-17-2004, 07:15 AM
munich prices were 25 euro/ shirt.

but the green shirt was sold out when i came in about 20:00
(n)

but i must say 25/28 euro for a