PDA

View Full Version : what would happen...

FeLicks99
12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
sup folks, I just watched the film 'A Day Without a Mexican' and while it was not exactly what I expected from a political/socially charged film I think it did bring up a point. It brought up the point through satire and I want to ask the question that the movie poses.. would California survive if 14 million of it's hispanic residents dissapeared? I tend to agree with the social/economic implications that the movie makes but I was wondering what anyone else thought. Not my favorite movie but decent, check out www.adaywithoutamexican.com if you have no clue what i'm talking about

beastiegirrl101
12-15-2004, 04:28 PM
rented this movie and turned it off half way....it was so slow, but I agree with the story line....

ASsman
12-15-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm guessing you are saying it would just crash.. More than likely would, a flood of cheap labor can cause the economy to fluctuate violently. Im sure the same would happen if it were to suddenly dissapear. Also, WWWD . What would Wal-Mart do.

Ali
12-16-2004, 07:49 AM
sup folks, I just watched the film 'A Day Without a Mexican' and while it was not exactly what I expected from a political/socially charged film I think it did bring up a point. It brought up the point through satire and I want to ask the question that the movie poses.. would California survive if 14 million of it's hispanic residents dissapeared? I tend to agree with the social/economic implications that the movie makes but I was wondering what anyone else thought. Not my favorite movie but decent, check out www.adaywithoutamexican.com if you have no clue what i'm talking about Same sort of thing that happened after slavery was abolished

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 08:33 AM
i haven't seen the movie (though my GF wants to see it)....
but what is the point?....to show that if the 14million (like to see where they got that stat) mexican immagrants left, california would be fucked?
ok.
and if the mexican immagrants were suddenly without californians to work for, they too would be fucked.

what's the point.

basic symbiotic relationship.

bb_bboy
12-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Divide their wages and shanty towns among the 3-4 million people who will be homeless this year.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Divide their wages and shanty towns among the 3-4 million people who will be homeless this year.

good fucking point.

yeahwho
12-16-2004, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Qdrop]i haven't seen the movie (though my GF wants to see it)....
QUOTE]

Gay Friend?

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Qdrop]i haven't seen the movie (though my GF wants to see it)....
QUOTE]

Gay Friend?

why?...you interested?
:rolleyes:

yeahwho
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
why?...you interested?
:rolleyes:
I'm curious yellow, sorry

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
yeahwho, your sig scares me.

yeahwho
12-16-2004, 12:39 PM

That is taken from your favorite liberal, Michael Moore (http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php).

To try and keep with this thread and not take easy shots, in response to WWWD by ASsman, this is what we should do

Sue Wal-Mart, There are several reasons to sue Wal-Mart. For instance, economically forcing other retailers to use sweatshops, which has left consumers with little choice but to support such practices. Wal-Mart should also be sued for its use of prior restraint in the record industry, or for destroying several small towns and cities.

We are becoming a Wal-Mart Nation.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
That is taken from your favorite liberal, Michael Moore (http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php).

To try and keep with this thread and not take easy shots, in response to WWWD by ASsman, this is what we should do

Sue Wal-Mart, There are several reasons to sue Wal-Mart. For instance, economically forcing other retailers to use sweatshops, which has left consumers with little choice but to support such practices. Wal-Mart should also be sued for its use of prior restraint in the record industry, or for destroying several small towns and cities.

We are becoming a Wal-Mart Nation.

walmart is actually directly fucking my company, my job, and therefore...me.

did you know that Walmart REQUIRES that all of thier suppliers sign a contract to REDUCE THIER COSTS/PRICE EVERY FUCKIN YEAR, or else walmart will not buy from them and will find a new supplier.

my company prints for sonoco pringles- who are direct suppliers to walmart.

if we want to keep the pringles/walmart account, our company must cut the price/cost of that production every year....
after a while, that is impossible....thus we would have to cut price through some other way (benefit cuts, layoffs, ect).....until ultimately, after we have been thouroughly raped by walmart, they dump us and buy from a sweat shop producer who is cheaper.
total exploitation.

walmart is a monopoly and a threat to capitalism.

yeahwho
12-16-2004, 02:01 PM
walmart is a monopoly and a threat to capitalism.

They are on the cutting edge of the Republican Party's agenda, which is international Cheap Labor (not that the Democrats seem to have a much different agenda...seeing who's they take their contributions from).

Frontline (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/) did a very good job of exposing Wal-Marts business practices, even though up here in "Rioting Seattle", we've known this shit for years....just cannot figure out why PBS is so slow on the uptake.....

Made in America means nothing, literally nothing.

NAFTA, which is suppose to help the Mexican and American Labor Force is actually going to exploit it....along with the WTO. These are organizations doing the bidding of cutting edge exploiters such as Wal-Mart....old ground, covered, just wish folks would avoid Wal-Mart when trying to do the Christian Thing this Christmas.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 02:11 PM
i honestly have never shopped at the store in my life.

Rosie Cotton
12-16-2004, 04:40 PM

Dude, that's Grrr from Invader Zim.