PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy defined.

Ali
12-16-2004, 08:32 AM
"We will continue to make it clear, to both Syria and Iran, that -- as will other nations in our coalition, including our friends the Italians -- that meddling in the internal affairs of Iraq is not in their interest," 'President' George W. Bush in Washington after meeting Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi The pot calling the kettle black, for a change?

And on what grounds are you accusing Syria and Iran of of orchestrating terrorist attacks, Mr Hazempuppet (http://www.turkishpress.com/world/news.asp?id=041216085759.0mvb0c90.xml)?

The deputy commander of the US Central Command Lieutenant General Lance Smith, however, said the extent of either country's activities was unclear because "our intelligence functions on that side of the border are very, very difficult". 'cos we said so. There's no way that it could be the happy, liberated people of Iraq who are fighting us, it must be those evil (Israel-hating) neighbours again, who we are going to attack just as soon as we have this 'election' over and done with and the 'right kind of folks' in the driving seat.

Edit: I take that back about "Isael-hating" Syria... it looks like there might be some progress (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4101029.stm) in that region.

Qdrop
12-16-2004, 08:38 AM
we all damn well know that Iran and Syria are next.

bush has 4 more years and no re-election to worry about now.

the Neo-cons are about to feast......

my uncle is a major in the army....he's in Falluja right now.
he's been warning us for a couple years to not be surprised if we make a move on Syria next.
the writings' on the wall......

100% ILL
12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
we all damn well know that Iran and Syria are next.
the writings' on the wall......

Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 17:1

I agree, the writing is on the wall so to speak.

Not to mention, Damascus is one of the oldest cities in the world, so this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

The destruction of Iraq was foretold in Jeremiah 50 and in Micah 5.

59 Chrystie St.
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 17:1

I agree, the writing is on the wall so to speak.

Not to mention, Damascus is one of the oldest cities in the world, so this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

The destruction of Iraq was foretold in Jeremiah 50 and in Micah 5.

Here's an interesting one I read the other day and was wondering since your Sir Bible-quoter Deluxe, what you think it means ?

II Corinthians 11:14

"And no marvel: for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Who does that refer to, just wondering. Is that a prophecy ?

100% ILL
12-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Here's an interesting one I read the other day and was wondering since your Sir Bible-quoter Deluxe, what you think it means ?

II Corinthians 11:14

"And no marvel: for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Who does that refer to, just wondering. Is that a prophecy ?

That's an interesting question. I hope that I can shed some light (no pun intended) on it for you.

Satan or Lucifer was originally the highest Arc angel in heaven, he guarded the throne of God and God's light shone through him, hence he is known as an angel of light.
Myth would have us believe that the devil is the horned pitch fork wielding figure we usually think of, but the bible indicates in Ezekial chapter 28:13-16 that Lucifer is beautiful in appearance, and even has the ability to produce music from his body, remember he's an angel albeit a fallen one .

So in II Corinthians 11:13-15 the apostle Paul is talking about false teachers, who act like true believers in Christ, Satan/Lucifer is a deciever who looks like the real thing but in fact he is wicked, so it's not a big surprise that his messengers are like him.

Schmeltz
12-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Myth would have us believe that the devil is the horned pitch fork wielding figure we usually think of, but the bible indicates

Damn, but that's some staggering irony.

yeahwho
12-17-2004, 01:31 PM
You know it's beautiful for the Neo-Cons, when you mistake the Bible for PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/) all your doing is co-opting the degradation of the Holy Testament.

They don't give a shit and actually hope you continue to mix up agendas.
As Christians, you should be pissed off about being turned into tools.

Before you fool with a fool, be sure you have a fool to fool with.
will you please
WAKE UP! and look around.

They are two different plans, one is man using mans beliefs to profit. Skull&Bones my friend, Skull&Bones....

The other is God's Plan.....a different agenda entirely

100% ILL
12-17-2004, 02:45 PM
You know it's beautiful for the Neo-Cons, when you mistake the Bible for PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/) all your doing is co-opting the degradation of the Holy Testament.

As Christians, you should be pissed off about being turned into tools.

They are two different plans, one is man using mans beliefs to profit. Skull&Bones my friend, Skull&Bones....

The other is God's Plan.....a different agenda entirely

I didn't mean that America/GWB is part of God's plan. I was simply pointing out that at some point, according to biblical prophecy, Damascuss/Syria will be destroyed. Now whether it happens directly as a result of American involvment or not is of little consequence.

yeahwho
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I didn't mean that America/GWB is part of God's plan. I was simply pointing out that at some point, according to biblical prophecy, Damascuss/Syria will be destroyed. Now whether it happens directly as a result of American involvment or not is of little consequence.

I have a nagging problem with your statement.....but more specifically, the Christian Right's general beliefs and "It is Written" attitude in which you/they may ease off the brakes for GWB in his overall plan.

All in the name of the Bible, hundreds. thousands, millions killed because of a perversion of your beliefs.....by a guy like GWB? Is this not some sort of cruel joke on the followers of Christ? If GWB does it, that's OK, It is Written.

100% ILL
12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
All in the name of the Bible, hundreds. thousands, millions killed because of a perversion of your beliefs.....by a guy like GWB? Is this not some sort of cruel joke on the followers of Christ? If GWB does it, that's OK, It is Written.

Oh it's not at all in the name of the Bible, that these things are happening. It's in the name of oil, or the spreading of "democracy", or the peace initiative. I personally don't think anyone really pays much attention to unfulfilled Bible prophecies, why should they; it's practically been ignored for decades.
Peace is what everyone wants and indeed they shall have peace. However,certain things must take place first. One of them was the destruction of Babylon (Iraq) and another is the desolation of Damascus (Syria). It's really interesting to me to see these things come to fruition from a book that people ridicule as dead and out dated.
To me it's kind of like when Jesus said "it must be that offenses come, but woe unto him by whom they come" and I'm paraphrasing, but the point is. I have no control over what happens, I just turn on my televison and watch it transpire.

ASsman
12-17-2004, 03:20 PM
HypocrUSA.

yeahwho
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Oh it's not at all in the name of the Bible, that these things are happening. It's in the name of oil, or the spreading of "democracy", or the peace initiative. I personally don't think anyone really pays much attention to unfulfilled Bible prophecies, why should they; it's practically been ignored for decades.
Peace is what everyone wants and indeed they shall have peace. However,certain things must take place first. One of them was the destruction of Babylon (Iraq) and another is the desolation of Damascus (Syria). It's really interesting to me to see these things come to fruition from a book that people ridicule as dead and out dated.
To me it's kind of like when Jesus said "it must be that offenses come, but woe unto him by whom they come" and I'm paraphrasing, but the point is. I have no control over what happens, I just turn on my televison and watch it transpire.

You do have control....when the minister starts talking crap that, "It is Written" that gives GWB license to murder....if you choose to go along! Jesus would not go along, if you were wondering about WWJD. He would question why forgiveness is not in play. How you can go home after hearing "It is Written" on Sunday, then watch News Shows and see with some clarity this has nothing to do with God.....I think you are either being stupid or conned or just plain co-opting death in the name of GWB.

When did Christianity become Lethargic? Do you follow blindly those who paraphrase Biblical writings? Because your sure making it easy to make the immoral look moral.

I plead with you to be more aware of what really is happening around you.
Question the people who don't question the motives of this War in Iraq.
Being a Christian should entail a peaceful solution. Think about it.

100% ILL
12-17-2004, 04:32 PM
How you can go home after hearing "It is Written" on Sunday, then watch News Shows and see with some clarity this has nothing to do with God.....I think you are either being stupid or conned or just plain co-opting death in the name of GWB.

I plead with you to be more aware of what really is happening around you.
Question the people who don't question the motives of this War in Iraq.
Being a Christian should entail a peaceful solution. Think about it.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was in no way insinuating that this war is in behalf of, or sponsered by God. But then again I'm not his official spokesperson either.

yeahwho
12-17-2004, 05:21 PM
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was in no way insinuating that this war is in behalf of, or sponsered by God. But then again I'm not his official spokesperson either.

Evil minds are at work in the war of terror and the war on terror. War is a manmade entity. Words are being used to wage the war in Iraq, these words have failed 3 times....now we are waging a war on the people of Iraq for the people of Iraq. Bullshit is what we are being fed, if I was a smart cookie and evil, I'd look for what the majority (slim albeit) believe and co-opt it for my goals. Lines...Between...Read.

Don't accept an easy parallel or pat answers to a mechanism that has been put in place to co-opt your beliefs. Pray to God for the real answers...they are beyond the ones that are being danced in front of you. It is a scary time in history for more reasons than what is being revealed.

Ali
12-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Would you fucking bible thumpers please stop hijacking every single thread and turning it into a Religious debate???

And the rest of you, please put them on ignore or don't respond to their inane crap.

This forum is called General POLITICAL Discussion? Politics is not the same as Religion (even though your President would have us believe this is so).

Ali
12-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Edit: I take that back about "Isael-hating" Syria... it looks like there might be some progress (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4101029.stm) in that region. I know, quoting myself is the height of sadness, but rather than start a new thread:

11 Palestinians killed during IDF Khan Yunis raid (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/516115.html)

Looks like I spoke too soon.

The Israel Defense Forces yesterday ended its latest operation in Khan Yunis, in which 11 Palestinians were killed.

Twenty-one Palestinians - all armed - were injured in the operation, according to the IDF. The Palestinians said three civilians were among those killed and that 50 were injured, including seven children and three journalists.

The IDF Southern Command said yesterday that the operation's end was "conditional" and warned that if attacks on Gush Katif continued, forces would return to Khan Yunis for an operation that would "be bigger and last longer."

Military sources also said continued Qassam rocket attacks on Sderot would "require an operation in the northern Strip, as well."

Eight Qassam rockets were fired at Sderot over the weekend, with no injuries. The IDF sent harsh messages to the Palestinian Authority that the attacks were an infraction of the understandings reached at the end of Operation Days of Awe in the fall.

On Friday night, the Israel Air Force hit two structures in Gaza where Qassam rockets were manufactured and stored. A structure in Rafah with a tunnel underneath it was also hit.

The operation in Khan Yunis began early Friday morning after 76 mortars were fired last week at settlements and IDF fortifications in the Gush Katif area. A foreign worker from Thailand was killed and two civilians and 11 soldiers were injured in the attacks.

Due to the increased number of mortars, up from an average of 50 in previous weeks, the IDF operation focused on finding launch areas and armed operatives in the Khan Yunis refugee camp. Armored corps, engineering forces, helicopters and drones participated in the operation, which involved major firefights with members of all terrorist organizations operating in Gaza.

Palestinians said vegetation had been uprooted and about 30 buildings were destroyed, leaving some 200 people homeless.

The IDF said most of the mortars were fired from multistory buildings, which had to be completely demolished to prevent the mortar fire. On Friday afternoon, an officer was moderately injured in the foot by shrapnel when an anti-tank missile hit the defensive plates on the bulldozer he was operating.

A senior IDF officer told Haaretz that troops had left the area "so as not to give an excuse to the terror organizations to blame Israel for escalation, and so we are not suspected of trying to sabotage the elections in the Palestinian Authority."

Troops were to remain in a staging area in Gush Katif in case a renewal of the operation was ordered. Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians firing rockets at Israelis firing rockets at Palestinians.

Arafat's gone, but the violence continues. To hell with the roadmap, they'll keep fighting until everybody's dead and everything's destroyed. Why bother to try and stop it?

Whois
12-20-2004, 05:14 PM
"There will be peace, now that the noble peace prize winner is dead."-The Daily Show

Arafat - Natural causes (so far)

Yitzhak Rabin - Killed by his own people

Ouch...

Ali
12-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Arafat - Natural causes (so far)

Yitzhak Rabin - Killed by his own people

Ouch...

Abe Lincoln, JFK, MLK...

Whois
12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Abe Lincoln, JFK, MLK...

Yeah, America always kills its own...but Israel is supposed to be a 'democracy'...*snicker*

Ali
12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Yeah, America always kills its own...but Israel is supposed to be a 'democracy'...*snicker* the freedom to kill your leader