PDA

View Full Version : How Did the beasties Show start in Your City?

Praying Mantis
12-20-2004, 12:39 PM
In Philly -

There was a video clip of MMM / AdRock imitating the Rocky movie w/ MMM as Sly and AdROck as Micky running up the Art Museum steps. Then the theme to Rocky Started and MMM comes from the second level ni Rocky Garb w/ a record and puts on the 1s and 2s.

This was one of the best entrances I have ever seen the boys do.

Beckalina
12-20-2004, 12:48 PM
In London
MMM was sleeping and he was woken by the tour manager (i think) on the tour bus and told to get his arse on stage

i'll let someone else post the milan one cause they were chanting something in itallian, that i had no idea of the meaning of

SleeveZipper
12-20-2004, 02:41 PM
MMM was also drinking something is this bar, and he went on stage...

amsterdam btw :)

Yorkshire~Rose
12-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Manchester -

My memory may fail me. I have had several sleeps since the 6th December but i think....

MMM and the boys were trying on some rather fetching (possibly platinum blonde) wigs. :)

I'm sure one of my fellow Manchester attendees will put me right tho. ;)

baldvinny
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
at nassau, there was a pet expo i the convention center on the lower level. the video had the boys playing with various animals and MMM wraped a huge snake around his neck which he wore all the way to the entrance of the stage

i was too hammered to remember the MSG opening

timmie
12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
In London, Wembly 7th Dec (as mentioned by Beckalina) MMM was sleeping & we think the tour manager came along & was shaking him, telling him that the Beasties concert is happening & that he should get out there the lazy bastard!!! while you see the Beasties laughing at him!!!...if you look at the Wembly review, page 4, I took a couple of pics of MMM coming out onto the stage from backstage. Or better still check the downloads section of my site & you'll see egg man live in London....more to follow.... :D

Laver1969
12-20-2004, 11:04 PM
In Madison they had MMM locked in a trunk. And everyone was looking for him.

In Chicago he was pouring beer at the concession stand.

sethomas
12-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Philly was the best i saw this tour....the bestest.

jaymasterfunk
12-21-2004, 02:47 AM
In Brussels
MMM was backstage in the dressing room all down and depressed with a tour manager asking the crowd if they wanted him to come out. Big shouts, a lot of noise. MMM picks up a record and walks out....rest is BB history.
Dr Spock posted a vid at http://www.thephonies.org/vorst/ but the page is down for the moment. Try again later.

calliope
12-21-2004, 03:27 AM
i'll let someone else post the milan one cause they were chanting something in itallian, that i had no idea of the meaning of
they were saying "che cazzo fai" that in english can sounds like "what the fuck are you doing".... go on, for shure your english is better then mine to explane the rest :)

Praying Mantis
12-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Boy Am I glad I started this thread. I love hearing all of the intros. Philly so far definately seems like it was the best one.

YoungRemy
12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
at nassau, there was a pet expo i the convention center on the lower level. the video had the boys playing with various animals and MMM wraped a huge snake around his neck which he wore all the way to the entrance of the stage

i was too hammered to remember the MSG opening

wasnt it an alligator though?

i dont really remember MSG or VooDoo for that matter

baldvinny
12-21-2004, 03:02 PM
it was an alligator???

ok, you got me....i wasnt all that sober at nassau either.......

kedar25
12-21-2004, 07:38 PM
it was an alligator???

ok, you got me....i wasnt all that sober at nassau either.......

It was definately an alligator :)

Laver1969
12-21-2004, 10:32 PM
In Madison they had MMM locked in a trunk. And everyone was looking for him.

In Chicago he was pouring beer at the concession stand.

Damn... I don't remember how the New Orleans show started? Pooty, do you remember?

krunK?
12-22-2004, 03:27 AM
In Dusseldorf, Germany, the BBoys and MixMaster been cooking something .. 'What the schnitzel' or whatever ;) One of the Boys threw panties or socks into the wok, than MixMaster came on stage .. The alligator one sounds nice ;)

Beckalina
12-24-2004, 02:35 PM
they were saying "che cazzo fai" that in english can sounds like "what the fuck are you doing".... go on, for shure your english is better then mine to explane the rest :)
oh thats what they were saying, thanks (y)

yeah so in Milan MMM and the boys are chanting "che cazzo fai" while doing the whole 'put your hands together in the middle and move them around to get hyped' thing they then break off and mmm heads for the stage with his trademark 'get ready' vinyl in his hands. i think thats all that happened.

someone was telling me about one of the gigs where they start the show with mmm getting beaten up, i can't remember what gig it was, i think it was one of the UK gigs, does anybody know what i am talking about or shall i just head back to the assylum now

tomsanderson86
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
In Manchester, they had the blonde wigs and moustaches and were pumping air into mmm,badgering him into going on stage. It was really funny

Fatty Lumpkin
01-01-2005, 07:53 PM
The Philly intro was great!!! I am amazed that it wasn't posted anywhere.

Brooklyn Babe
01-01-2005, 08:00 PM
In NYC (nassau colliseum) they had the statue of liberty on the screen and they played No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

Extra Cheese
01-01-2005, 08:32 PM
In NYC (nassau colliseum) they had the statue of liberty on the screen and they played No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

that would be Long Island not NYC

Brooklyn Babe
01-01-2005, 11:48 PM
that would be Long Island not NYC
oops

homer spinsom
01-02-2005, 03:10 PM
oh thats what they were saying, thanks (y)
someone was telling me about one of the gigs where they start the show with mmm getting beaten up, i can't remember what gig it was, i think it was one of the UK gigs, does anybody know what i am talking about or shall i just head back to the assylum now

No Beckalina, your brain function and memory are still workin fine as I wrote something about the mmm beat up in the back from brussels thread.

The intro movie started with a shot on the door of mmm dressing room. It opens and then you see him sitting there all depressed going like: "man, I'm not feelin it today.." Top 10 and this blond chick are trying to pump him up but when he hears the roaring crowd, a smile appears on his face and he gets up,passes mca and rans into mike and ad beating him up("check it out" video style).

Have tried the link mentionned here before(phonies.org) but I only get audio and no video. wud luv to see it again

BeastieBoy427
01-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Anybody Remember what they did in Detroit, MI? i totally forgot

baiserlebuisson
01-02-2005, 04:15 PM
san fransisco

there was a video camera focusing on mix master mike, and him walking into the auditorium, he gets on stage and starts doing his thing (which was amazing) then he let the music for triple trouble go, and there was a camera on the beastie boys comming in, they ran on stage and rocked for the rest of the night (y)

timmie
01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
As part of mmm performance, during an interlude (London 7th Dec) he was scratching away & then, all of a sudden he bends his vinyl in half & scratches away, everyone's mouth's just hit the floor!!! :D ...as if to say, "what the...how the...." totally amazing!!... :D

flow
01-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Glasgow

In glasgow the monitor cut to the main foyer in the venue of the road crew pushing this box along. then they siad 'glasgow we got a present for you'. and they pushed the box up to the back stage and mix master mike jumps out with a record looking very confused

dublirie04
01-03-2005, 08:08 PM
It is so unbelieveable that every time I have seen them for the past ten years, I have walked in exactly at the time they have started ........ I think it is destiny........and I love it..........some times I have thought I will be late, then next thing I know, I get off the plane, in the cab, etc..and as soon as I get there, they are there..........Much RESPect bOYS FOR ALWAYS BEIN ON TME...............FOR ME AT LEAST..........LOVE YOU,,,,,,,,,MARIROSE :D (y)

Shazam_21
01-04-2005, 11:55 AM
all of a sudden he bends his vinyl in half & scratches away
he did this in milan too, amazing to see indeed. you just have to think 'how?'

Shazam_21
01-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Glasgow

In glasgow the monitor cut to the main foyer in the venue of the road crew pushing this box along. then they siad 'glasgow we got a present for you'. and they pushed the box up to the back stage and mix master mike jumps out with a record looking very confused
wow, dude i had totally forgot that, cheers man!

Top 10
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
No Beckalina, your brain function and memory are still workin fine as I wrote something about the mmm beat up in the back from brussels thread.

The intro movie started with a shot on the door of mmm dressing room. It opens and then you see him sitting there all depressed going like: "man, I'm not feelin it today.." Top 10 and this blond chick are trying to pump him up but when he hears the roaring crowd, a smile appears on his face and he gets up,passes mca and rans into mike and ad beating him up("check it out" video style).

Have tried the link mentionned here before(phonies.org) but I only get audio and no video. wud luv to see it again

this is definitely the highlight of my career (so far...) :cool:

suimasen
01-14-2005, 11:41 AM
in Tokyo,
MMM was in soapsuds.
He was the best washer-up I had ever seen! (lb)

FunkyBoss
01-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Gold Coast BDO Australia.

MMM was at a date, dating the wigged and make-up ladened version of himself, with his love gaze and drool. To his suprise, he was dreaming and he was awoken by the tour manager i think, so he grabbed his records and ran out on stage. MMM did his intro then started the music for Triple Trouble, the rest is just glorious BDO history.

Lucas

discopants
01-31-2005, 04:07 AM
Manchester -

My memory may fail me. I have had several sleeps since the 6th December but i think....

MMM and the boys were trying on some rather fetching (possibly platinum blonde) wigs. :)

I'm sure one of my fellow Manchester attendees will put me right tho. ;)

That's right, then MMM came through the backstage corridors and the crowd went fucking ballistic.

timmie
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Mix Master Mike is just the king on the wheels of steel!!!!! :D