PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bboys REALLY post here?

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I saw on the forum information page that their screen names are their last names... and of course there are people who create screen names to make people think they ARE the real thing (but anyone who actually reads the fine print would know better). Has anyone actually had a true Bboy post siting?

fonky pizza
12-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Some of them post here for real and some others post here not for real :p

utze
12-21-2004, 09:22 AM
take the seach-button and search ... for example... yauch! ;)
they post.. :D

Pootytang
12-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Me and Yauch had a conversation on here one night about my diabetes. He showed compassion and care about my situation. He also said he was the one that was all on these boards way too much and not me.

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Where is the frequent poster forum? I'm kind of new to this whole forum thing so I might need some hand holding:) I'm just curious to know what kinds of things the Bboys post.

YoungRemy
12-21-2004, 09:45 AM
just go to the main message board page and you will see the Frequent Post Archive.

thats for people who ask THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER.

otherwise just try navigating the site on your own. no one needs to hold your hand.

there is Beastie Live(concert info)
Beastie In The Press(news articles or TV appearances)
Beastie Free and so on....

try the search function....

try the member list function, then search for Yauch.

a message board community is only as strong as its weakest member!

synch
12-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Give the girl a break, jeez.

YoungRemy
12-21-2004, 09:59 AM
sorry, the weakest member part was uncalled for, but c'mon.
a 29 year old in PR should be able to figure some of this out on their own, thats all Im saying.

all you have to do is stick around and see what trangresses. too many people start a thread that doesnt need to get started, and that goes for all message board communities, not just this one. its always a desperate plea for info...."SOMEBODY HELP ME R THE BEASTIE BOYS JEWISH OR NOT"

but really, i felt that i did provide a few tips of advice....

im an asshole, im working on it

synch
12-21-2004, 10:13 AM
I know what you mean man.

The best thing is to point them in the right direction the first time. If people persist to post stuff in the wrong place or ask questions that have been asked a million times... then it's time for the "weakest link" remark :)

You did help out though! So it wasn't all bad ;)

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Boy, this world needs more love in it. Yup - I'm 29 and in PR... I didn't realize the definition of someone who is 29 and in PR = extremely versed in the Beastie Boys Forum format and all it's components - believe it or not, there are a lot of people who don't spend hours online doing this stuff.

My Uncle passed away 2 days ago and I'm not 100% on top of my game today (brain is a little fuzzy if you know what I mean)... but for the sake of those with little patience and low tolerance, I'll remember not to ask any more silly questions so as to not waste your time! As long as you remember, you don't HAVE to respond.

Thanks to those who replied with simple, polite answers - you were most helpful:)

synch
12-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Don't worry, if you take out the harsh bits of his posts you are left with a pretty decent guide of how to do things on here :)

My condoleances by the way... :(

YoungRemy
12-21-2004, 10:46 AM
hey, Im really sorry about your uncle.

im probably stressed over the holidays and im taking it out with my internet aggression.

my point should have been,

relax,

stick around,

the answer is out there

i should be patient and realize even the newest poster is a Beastie Fan and just wants to know shit...

breathe

what would Yauch do?

avignon
12-21-2004, 10:58 AM
^ Hey! Want a leather WWYD bracelet like mine? It helps me remember to keep my cool in pressing situations. (y)

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks... I didn't disclose the information about my uncle for any other purpose than reminding people to maybe think before they type - things are usually going on behind the user-name that are not evident (like, bad day, new to the whole computer thing, and I'm sure the occational person who is just plain stupid - but hey, they need love too:) ). I appreciate the condolences - and thanks again.

- it's a trip, it's got a funky beat, and I can BUG OUT to it!

FloorK
12-21-2004, 11:06 AM
^ Hey! Want a leather WWYD bracelet like mine? It helps me remember to keep my cool in pressing situations. (y)

that made me laugh... I needed that, thank you!

YoungRemy
12-21-2004, 11:10 AM
for those that want to know, these are all of Yauchs posts.

hope it helps

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/search.php?searchid=220667

good point avignon, i try to use the "bodhisattva vow" as my mantra in life, but as you can see i get thrown off every once in a while.

thats life

"I stop and think before i react"

avignon
12-21-2004, 11:12 AM
(y) Yauchism is a state of mind.

laura
12-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Some of them post here for real and some others post here not for real :p
veritÃ* :p

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 11:24 AM
I actually did manage to find all of Yauch's posts... I think the prospect of him answering a post is pretty cool. There aren't many artists who would take the time (or find the time) to interact with their fans.

I've only seen the Bboys twice in concert - Wisconsin isn't exactly the hotspot on the tour map as far as the Beasties are concerned, and the working gal couldn't make it to Madison for the week-night concert this past November.. but I heard it was off the hook!

Anyone have a favorite concert experience?

Mine? When they toured with A Tribe Called Quest on Tribe's last tour and Q-tip got on stage to tear up 'Get it Together' with the trio... I'll never forget that!

Okay... this got long.

- won't you take me away, and take away me...

fonky pizza
12-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm just curious to know what kinds of things the Bboys post.

COOUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHH :D

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't hold it in so long next time ;) J/k :p

I_wear_manties
12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
ah yo, shit! maybe my boy Adrock be positng up in this motha fucka for real? shit we waiting for that shit and you know it./ we be chekcin back to beastieboycom to be sseeing if my dawg be posting shit. maybe adroc be chil;ling for chirstmas time with mike d. they be sharing present with mca for real. and be drinkgin nog egg

Krista_Bgirl
12-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Yauch seems to post quite a bit - but if you do a search for posts on Adrock and Mike D (their user names are Horovitz and Diamond) there are no entries... I think you're out of luck as far as Adrock emailing you...

BGirl
12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
ah yo, shit! maybe my boy Adrock be positng up in this motha fucka for real? shit we waiting for that shit and you know it./ we be chekcin back to beastieboycom to be sseeing if my dawg be posting shit. maybe adroc be chil;ling for chirstmas time with mike d. they be sharing present with mca for real. and be drinkgin nog egg

:D

fonky pizza
12-21-2004, 04:26 PM
maybe adroc be chil;ling for chirstmas time with mike d. they be sharing present with mca for real. and be drinkgin nog egg

and santasquatch comes down the cheminey with a bag full of couuughhhhh :D

fonky pizza
12-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I think you're out of luck as far as Adrock emailing you...

don't put manties hopes down so soon!!! nobody knows what manties is able to do, maybe he'll get a mail from Adrock for xmas! :)

I_wear_manties
12-21-2004, 10:46 PM
don't put manties hopes down so soon!!! nobody knows what manties is able to do, maybe he'll get a mail from Adrock for xmas! :)

ah yo, shit that be best some chirstmas present a nigga be getting. Adrock need be chilling at a nigga crib. we drinking nog egg and waiting for some santasquatch. yo that fool climb down a nigga fireplace and we rob his ass. (y)

jennyb
12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
"santasquatch"

Heh Heh! How's it goin' Manties? Happy Holidaze!

laura
12-22-2004, 06:30 AM
ah yo, shit that be best some chirstmas present a nigga be getting. Adrock need be chilling at a nigga crib. we drinking nog egg and waiting for some santasquatch. yo that fool climb down a nigga fireplace and we rob his ass. (y)
ah, ah, ah!!! :D

so I'll prepare some milk and cookies for saturday...
some special cookies from venice!!! :cool: (y)

alexandra
12-22-2004, 07:20 AM

... i feel complete again.

oy! merry xmas, Manties!

shazammm1976
12-22-2004, 03:41 PM

Love your quote avignon! I´m gonna use that one in my every day life from now on! :cool:

BGirl
12-22-2004, 04:37 PM

Try putting some of that egg nog in coffee, it's really good. Adrock and Santasquatch will probably enjoy it too.

Don't take all of Santasquatch's toys, kids will be disappointed. ;)

avignon
12-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Where does he come up with that stuff? Santasquatch! That is great. Manties, you are a naughty fella. No presents for you this year. Just kidding. Happy holidays, bradda.

fonky pizza
12-22-2004, 06:51 PM
yo that fool climb down a nigga fireplace and we rob his ass. (y)

Poor santanasquatch! got to be a hairy ass then!

fonky pizza
12-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Where does he come up with that stuff? Santasquatch! That is great. Manties, you are a naughty fella. No presents for you this year. Just kidding. Happy holidays, bradda.

santasquatch

But what about pair of glasses for you this year? :D (y)

avignon
12-23-2004, 07:08 PM
But what about pair of glasses for you this year? :D (y)
:o My bad! Yeh, Santasquatch, bring me some bifocals. And bring Fonky pizza some anchovies.

Astra
08-22-2005, 04:27 AM
hey (newbi to the forum here long time beasties uhm... fan... )
I don't like using that word b/c it reminds me of those people at concerts that lose all self control and are "fanatics" .. I love the beasties and many other groups or muscial artists for that matter but I'm not mentally tipped.

anyhoo-- as far as the beasties posting here. It's possible. I'm not sure if it matters to me a lot, as that seems to be clutching to something that is already there in a sense. We don't really "need" to talk to them personaly to be involved with them. We are here (existing) all together at the same time and the beasties give us their best. I'm happy to be in the time of the beasties b/c sometime there will be a generation that listens to their music after they are gone. (IE for me it would be Jimmy Hendrix)
it's a great idea to think that they are here, but it's more likely that they would never reveal themselves if they are. Imagine.. you are a beastie and the board finds out. How many emails do you think you're going to get? I've been mistaken for a famous actress once and the look on the guys face was, well lets just say that it was unpleasant. I don't look like Nicole Kidman but this guy would not let it go. Thankfully, he let me leave without an autograph.
So, the beaties are always with you in a sense and they give us laughs and wisdom in one of the best ways possible. They are in my heart and I'd wish they were my brothers if they weren't already..
ok.. get the crackers, maybe some wine, 'cause I brought out the cheese.

wrongwayandugg
08-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Hello, Astra.

Astra
08-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Hello, Astra.

Hello :) I see you are a little new as well.

wrongwayandugg
08-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Hello :) I see you are a little new as well.

Just a little.

YoungRemy
08-22-2005, 05:46 AM
anyhoo-- as far as the beasties posting here. It's possible.
it's a great idea to think that they are here, but it's more likely that they would never reveal themselves if they are.

hey astra, read the entire thread, we are trying to tell you that Adam Yauch frequents the boards and posts occasionally.

yes he REALLY posts here :rolleyes:

cosmo105
08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
yauch pwn3d me once.

Astra
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
hey astra, read the entire thread, we are trying to tell you that Adam Yauch frequents the boards and posts occasionally.

yes he REALLY posts here :rolleyes:

yeah I'm not a tard I did read the entire board before I posted. Just because you are telling me they post here doesn't make it so. I'm not saying they do or don't that was my point. And the other point was that it really doesn't matter. If they come, cool! if they don't cool! I'm not here to stalk the beasties. I just can't fit psycho between work, subway stations, emails, and red tara.

YoungRemy
08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Just because you are telling me they post here doesn't make it so. I'm not saying they do or don't that was my point.

but it is so!!!

I'm going around in circles.
look, who said anyone is a stalker. sometimes it is nice when MCA pops in and says hello. it happens once in a blue moon.

welcome to the boards...

cosmo105
08-23-2005, 02:09 AM
it's a great idea to think that they are here, but it's more likely that they would never reveal themselves if they are.
ahem (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/member.php?u=3)

Freebasser
08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Astra, you're totally right.

"Yauch" is a huge imposter and when you see him it is common practice to insult him as much as you can in order to make him cry.

The real beastie boys have never posted here, and that's a Freebasser Fact! (y)

Echewta
08-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I was the the second engineer during the final mix of "Hey Ladies." Is that close enough?

Astra
08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Astra, you're totally right.

"Yauch" is a huge imposter and when you see him it is common practice to insult him as much as you can in order to make him cry.

The real beastie boys have never posted here, and that's a Freebasser Fact! (y)

:confused: I'm not saying they do or don't I'm saying that IF they did then it's likely we would not know. I mean there is a section to email them..( am I right?) but I just don't put pressure on the thought that they are here or not.. It's called detachment....

Pootytang
08-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I think the good people, and not so good, are trying to tell you fact and not fiction.

IronicAllure
08-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Well Said (y)

cosmo105
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
:confused: I'm not saying they do or don't I'm saying that IF they did then it's likely we would not know. I mean there is a section to email them..( am I right?) but I just don't put pressure on the thought that they are here or not.. It's called detachment....
but they do post and we do know they do. at least, yauch does.

tpk
08-24-2005, 04:01 AM
yauch has officially posted as yauch aka mca aka adam yauch many times and still does from time to time. mike d officially made two posts a couple of years back regarding an x-large (clothing line launched by mike and the boys) issue. and that's it. you'll have to use your imagination if you want to know about how often they all check the board and if adrock ever visited beastieboys.com.

Echewta
08-24-2005, 12:05 PM
yea, Adrock knows the board blows.

tpk
08-25-2005, 06:03 PM
I have almost like 900 posts, so of course I post here.

-Yauchhaha i thought you got tired of that shit.

Astra
08-26-2005, 02:49 AM
I never get tired of talking to my fans on here. I get tired by the same topics, questions and responses though.

-Yauch

There's one forum I've been on for a couple years now and it's the only one I've really taken to. Always, newbis come and post the same things, it never ends. I'm a newbi here and this is so far the only thread I've actaully posted on. I've not had time to navigate though anything except this one. I've had enough time trying to navigate through the subways here in NYC. Man, I'll say it's easier to to on vacation here than it is to live here.
I've gotten a good job, and unlike many I'm not trying to be an actress or what not.
I've been looking for a good temple here.. There is one that I have found from the gelukpa tradition, but I'm firmly with my master and will only go when I really need a physical temple to be in. Jewel Heart is the closest I've found and the issue with that one is that the master has given up teaching.
My master has given me permission to go there and participate as much as I like, however if I choose to take him as a master that would be different.
* I finally saw someone with the same tattoo as me! I was so happy! 2 years ago I got the compassion prayer (om mani pama hung) on my left arm, and I've never seen anyone with it. Turns out we got it the same year but on opposite arms. It was refreshing. :)

I will also say this (at the risk of a long post) I uncovered a new love for the beasties when I figured out that MCA is also a Buddhist. I never knew until a few years ago. when the Free Tibet concert happened I was too young to know what there was to know. At first I was angry about the occupation.. Then, I gained perspective and decided to learn mandarin. Not that I'm happy with it. I just decided that it would eat me up, and that it would never help to be just angry at it. I've got to learn to be in peace no matter what. still working on that, but getting better everyday.

Mcmac
08-26-2005, 05:14 AM
shut your face

enree erzweglle
08-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Astra, welcome to the boards.

I understood that you were dubious about whether or not it's really
Yauch posting here. I think everyone questions that when they first
come on. I did. I couldn't quite believe that one of them would do that
(take time out to be here) but I think he does and that it's nice that
he does. I don't care that it's not a daily thing or that it used to happen
more frequently than it does now; I'm happy to see it when it happens
and I'm happy that they sponsor these boards/this community because
it's a pretty nice place.

cj hood
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
he'll be back when it's time for the dvd to drop....

enree erzweglle
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
he'll be back when it's time for the dvd to drop....
Yeah, that's okay. Whenever, whatever.

Astra
08-28-2005, 01:37 AM
shut your face

wow... you're...cool...(as a cucumber in a bowl a hot sauce..)

thanks- so far I like it here.

Documad
09-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Yauch has posted and said some memorable things. (He posts as Yauch, not Norcen :))

I love when he has denied silly things that people posted. But the best was when he explained about the whole Prodigy thing. It cleared up a lot of rumors and he said some thoughtful things about how so-called entertainment can influence people in a bad way.

Oh, and I hope you're getting out of frequent posts. It's where I started too but time to move on. :)